• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Heavenly Sword TGS screens

Peonic, one of the NT devs has been posting on their board and told someone that asked for new footage to have some patience. So we could be seeing the new build soon as Motorstorm actually has an old build on hte floor currently and will have a new one tomorrow.

Dante

Sorry to bump, but it's been awfully quiet on the HS front, This is the game I wanna see the most of. Any new news or developments?

jett

D-Member
Dante said:
Sorry to bump, but it's been awfully quiet on the HS front, This is the game I wanna see the most of. Any new news or developments?

The demo at TGS is the same one from E3. The End.

These screens look beyond amazing. I've rightfully said amazing for many PS3 games this TGS (MGS4, White Knight, Afrika, GT etc) but this might be the best looking game ever, if the screens do it justice.

jiggle

Same pics as the first page, but in higher resolution

ps3t41.jpg

ps3t42.jpg

ps3t43.jpg

JB1981

hukasmokincaterpillar said:
From what I've heard, not at all. :D

I remember reading an interview w/ a dev from not long ago that said a brand new TGS demo was forthcoming, and that they were very eager to share it with the public.

Yoboman

Mefisutoferesu said:
... ... ... I might be mistaken, but that's the OLD Nariko model isn't it (check her face)? Are these screens from an older build or was her model changed again?
You're right. Maybe her model scaled like the enemies though

Lain

Mefisutoferesu said:
... ... ... I might be mistaken, but that's the OLD Nariko model isn't it (check her face)? Are these screens from an older build or was her model changed again?

That isn't the old Nariko model.
As difficult as it could be to see given the picture, the features of her face are nothing like the plain features the old model's face had.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
So if you're wondering what happened to a new build at TGS, Tom Byron's blog at 1up reports:

SCEA producer Kyle Shubel told me that one major bug kept the new Heavenly Sword. demo from making it to TGS, which is why the E3 demo is on the floor. In other words, there's been significant progress since LA so don't read too much into the demo recycling.

http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=7481602&publicUserId=1002439

Shame :( One of the biggest disappointments for me personally re. TGS. Hopefully we'll see an updated build very soon.

Yoboman

One of the devs said to "have patience" when asked for new footage. Hopefully we atleast get a video walkthrough or something, if not the press invited to Ninja Theory studios soon

IAmNude

Banned
wow, I dont see what everyone is going crazy over. Dont call me a fanboy, because I will get a ps3 and this game. I just dont see why people need to go berserk over this. It look slightly better than N3

IAmNude

Banned
Hayami said:
is this some sort of huge inside joke? this game looks great, sure, but nothing mindblowing.
yeah that's what Im saying. The people are acting as though it's 100% photorealistic or something. What's up people?

karasu

IAmNude said:
wow, I dont see what everyone is going crazy over. Dont call me a fanboy, because I will get a ps3 and this game. I just dont see why people need to go berserk over this. It look slightly better than N3

It looks way better than that.

Elios83

IAmNude said:
yeah that's what Im saying. The people are acting as though it's 100% photorealistic or something. What's up people?

In motion it looks amazing indeed.Of course the comments are not just for these new screens but for the game in general.

Hayami said:
is this some sort of huge inside joke? this game looks great, sure, but nothing mindblowing.

It's one of the best looking next gen games shown by a long shot. Especially when you see it in motion and see that the animation actually looks like next gen animation.

Dante

SolidSnakex said:
It's one of the best looking next gen games shown by a long shot. Especially when you see it in motion and see that the animation actually looks like next gen animation.

Eh, Hayami's been on a roll in PS3 threads, but yeah this and white night are the 2 games that really REALLY stepped in up in terms of animation. Dting to see the new movies though.

IAmNude said:
Ok. That looks good. But, I dont see how this is revelant to how those pics look. The pics look way worse than the video. I think the replies should be indicitive of that.

No it doesn't, the lighting is actually improved in those scenes do the the setting and explosions. And its a mass scale fight and looks far better than any other game doing that.

bud

IAmNude said:

SONYBOTS AM CRY

XDF FOR THE WIN

Kal

GeoramA said:

How did I miss this? Just watched it; I think it jumped to the top three of my most wanted PS3 games list. *applause* Is there a hi-res version of the video on Blimsquared's site?

Edit: Just found it http://www.playsyde.com/leech_2651_en.html

*downloads*

Edit: WOW! Love it! The animation is superb! :O The characters themselves(especially the enemies) don't look very high poly(I might be talking out of my ass here) and the textures are not perfect but the combination of the lighting, beautiful animation and subtle effects makes it look amazing

One small nitpick: No Blood? :(

Elios83 said:
SCEA producer Kyle Shubel told me that one major bug kept the new Heavenly Sword. demo from making it to TGS, which is why the E3 demo is on the floor. In other words, there's been significant progress since LA so don't read too much into the demo recycling.

:((
Ninja Theory why don't you fix the demo and show it to the press post TGS anyway?

There's going to be more shows leading up to the launch according to Kaz so they'll have another chance to show the demo.

bigfurb

Elios83 said:

:((
Ninja Theory why don't you fix the demo and show it to the press post TGS anyway?

This is what i'm hoping for. Since they didn't make TGS they better have something available for the press to report on sometime soon

IAmNude said:

:lol You OA people always crack me up.

Holtz

Holy shit, that's beautiful. HS missing TGS was terrible, i was really looking forward to new footage of it. :(

Top Bottom