• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hillary ad ties Donald Trump to conspiracy theorist Alex Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveo42

Banned
Nothing like listening to a man shout endlessly about a subject to make me change my opinion. Alex Jones is one of the most nut-job alt-righters out there and it's sad so many dance to his tune and believe every word he says.

Like this guy: ALEX JONES DESTROYS PIERS MORGAN

I mean...give me a fucking break.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Alex Jones is the kind of person who should be relegated to screaming in the wind at streen corners, but thanks to the internet somehow has made a bunch of money off of rambling incoherent jibberish.
1049431.gif

As a Canadian I have to ask, people actually listen to this guy?? They believe they shit he says?

SAndy hook was fake, actors and all. I visited Sandy Hook 2 days after it happen, it was very fucking real you stupid fucking piece of shit.

I can't believe people like this are even allowed to get airtime. Fucking disgusting.

I knew a guy in high school who tried to use Infowars for a class project.

This was in LA County, by the way.

Nothing like listening to a man shout endlessly about a subject to make me change my opinion. Alex Jones is one of the most nut-job alt-righters out there and it's sad so many dance to his tune and believe every word he says.

Like this guy: ALEX JONES DESTROYS PIERS MORGAN

I mean...give me a fucking break.
A small part of me wishes the government had the power to simply lock this guy, and those like him, in prison forever. I have a hard time believing their is any value what so ever in anything he says and everything he says only serves to hinder the progress of human kind.

With the exception of the ending, that was a weak way to tie the two of them together. It would have been better to show Jones throwing out his crazy shit and Trump parroting it. Things like "Hillary is on drugs," "Obama founded ISIS," and "Hillary is the devil" would have worked perfectly.

Pickman

A small part of me wishes the government had the power to simply lock this guy, and those like him, in prison forever. I have a hard time believing their is any value what so ever in anything he says and everything he says only serves to hinder the progress of human kind.

That small part of you is a monster and you should never, ever listen to it. :O

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
I wish this PAC didn't even acknowledge this whack job. The majority of voters don't know who he is, or what info wars is... so why put a spotlight on them?

They're a joke, they should remain a joke to the people that know.

I wish this PAC didn't even acknowledge this whack job. The majority of voters don't know who he is, or what info wars is... so why put a spotlight on them?

Because there are (still) undecided votes who think these talking points that Trump brings up have merit to them.

When it's shown that most of them stem from conspiracy theories or alt-right internet talking points, it shows those undecided that those talking points don't really have a lot of weight behind them.

It's like how a lot of people don't know about 4Chan but will "just ask questions" about GamerGate, etc.

The sooner you can convince the average voter that the GOP now belongs to the alt-right (and, based on their presidential nominee, it does), the sooner you can pry republicans away from national relevance. It is in the dems' best interest to make national figures out of Alex Jones, the Yiannopoulous guy, etc. The harder it becomes for the GOP to defend their base, the better.

reading the posts, turning the frogs gay was hilarious and so absurd.

then i watched the video and it gets even better, because he seems genuinely pissed, like one of the biggest issues america faces today is that frogs are gay

JABEE

Alex Jones is the kind of person who should be relegated to screaming in the wind at streen corners, but thanks to the internet somehow has made a bunch of money off of rambling incoherent jibberish.

Seriously. And now you have our future President using him in an attack ad.

This election is crazy.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
The sooner you can convince the average voter that the GOP now belongs to the alt-right (and, based on their presidential nominee, it does), the sooner you can pry republicans away from national relevance. It is in the dems' best interest to make national figures out of Alex Jones, the Yiannopoulous guy, etc. The harder it becomes for the GOP to defend their base, the better.

Because there are (still) undecided votes who think these talking points that Trump brings up have merit to them.

When it's shown that most of them stem from conspiracy theories or alt-right internet talking points, it shows those undecided that those talking points don't really have a lot of weight behind them.

It's like how a lot of people don't know about 4Chan but will "just ask questions" about GamerGate, etc.

Saying this in a non-confrontational way, but do you guys honestly believe that the average voter even knows the alt-right label, or what it means? I know Clinton is using it as a disparaging comment at the podium, but I just don't know if people are going to connect the dots. You're asking them to make about 2-3 jumps, and if you are really communicating to people in soundbites, I just don't see how that's a viable strategy.

The tapped in, undecided voter maybe... but how many are there really out there?

Considering, I imagine most of Trump's supporters are also followers of Alex Jones I don't know who this ad is really supposed to be directed to.

Considering, I imagine most of Trump's supporters are also followers of Alex Jones I don't know who this ad is really supposed to be directed to.

I guess "moderate/traditional" Republicans who usually vote Republican but would be turned off by the idea of voting for a guy connected to somebody with insane 9/11 conspiracy theories etc.

Either way, the ad is hilarious. It just reinforces how horrible Trump is.

Saying this in a non-confrontational way, but do you guys honestly believe that the average voter even knows the alt-right label, or what it means? I know Clinton is using it as a disparaging comment at the podium, but I just don't know if people are going to connect the dots. You're asking them to make about 2-3 jumps, and if you are really communicating to people in soundbites, I just don't see how that's a viable strategy.

The tapped in, undecided voter maybe... but how many are there really out there?

I'm not saying that the ad / campaign is hoping people make the jump, or identify the proper labels, etc.

But rather that they look at the ad and go "oh wow, is that really all these talking points are? Talk radio conspiracy theories?"

The campaign knows what it is, and they hope that by showing bits and pieces of it that those who don't either look into it more or they come away from these ads with some passing understanding of Trump's political ties and leanings.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Good fucking job and about damn fucking time. Don't know how many posts I've had on this fool when he comes up but I'm amazed that it took Dems this long to link the right with this nutjob.

JCizzle

This is why you don't refer to them by that label. You just tie him to general statements like 'why do you associate with people who believe Sandy Hook was a hoax?'. People will pay attention to that because it's offensive and insane

joebruin

More of a side note but I was watching Dancing with the Stars last night and there was a random trump "hillary is a liar" ad right in the middle.

Weird ad placement. I guess it SORT OF makes sense since they are trying to win back the women vote. Maybe I don't watch enough TV but I don't recall seeing many political ads during primetime?

Just watch, some asshole is going to buy the companies that makes the gay frog chemicals and jack up the price 1000%.

Is there a CVS equivalent?

I assume this is web-only. I don't think Jones is well-known enough to justify a TV buy for this.

This probably works best if you don't know who he is because the thesis here is that Trump is taking talking points from a Sandy Hook truther, and guy who rants crazily about gay frogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom