• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hot Shots Golf 5 Info and Screens

tyler

12110014reco0.jpg

Amazing.

A few new characters revealed in the intro aswell.

tyler

Snowball said:
Are those the guys that don't ship PS3/PSP games to Europe? :(

I'm pretty sure Yes-Asia will. I ordered from NCSX about a month ago, you'd probably be mad to though as it's $30 more.

Snowball

Banned
So... Yes Asia for the win?

US$52.99 [~€38.31] including shipment right?
What you, European customers, can say about YesAsia shipment? Very slow? Normal?

tyler

DJmizuhara said:
I just haven't gotten there yet...a new video will be up soon on gamersyde

If you could capture as many menu screens as possible I'm sure it would be greatly appreciated. Even if you don't translate them it would provide people with the ability to start doing so themselves.

And now for more awesome screens:

newcaddies02refa5.jpg

I'm totally using 'Big Steve' on the left.

nofi

tyler said:
If you could capture as many menu screens as possible I'm sure it would be greatly appreciated. Even if you don't translate them it would provide people with the ability to start doing so themselves.

I'm all primed.

warthog

tyler said:
Reports are mixed lately but it tends to take 4-7 days if they ship on time.

Is that free shipping? That would be great. I didn't really pay attention to how many days it would take to arrive here when I placed the order.

tyler

The Royal Mail striking for the next 2 weeks in the UK throws a rather large spanner in the works though. Especially as they'll prioritise business mail once they do decide to deliver stuff.

nofi

tyler said:
The Royal Mail striking for the next 2 weeks in the UK throws a rather large spanner in the works though. Especially as they'll prioritise business mail once they do decide to deliver stuff.

Yeah, I'm hoping my 'express' option will mean it's a courier and not the postie.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
nofilter said:
Yeah, I'm hoping my 'express' option will mean it's a courier and not the postie.

I really wanted to get express, but the Play-Asia prices for express shipping are through the roof (even for me, who rarely sees money as an object when it comes to gaming). Ah well, the best I can hope for is that few people here get it before me so that my envy can be stemmed (and definitely don't play online!). ;p

alterno69

Banned
Nice intro.

Question: Did they fix the aliasing issues from the demo in the final version? That was my only gripe graphics wise when playing the awesome demo :D

Brofist

DrXym said:
The Japanese really get excited over some bizarre titles. It might be a cute game but at the end of the day its golf FFS.

Yeah golf is a bizarre game only the Japanese can enjoy.

el Diablo

Banned
Ok couple more questions

1. Could we get a couple shots from the char select screen? I went back and played through the demo and i'm not seeing the costume change and other empty spaces all i see are the triangle and square options that let you change the color and your stance, not that i don't believe i'm just curious where they were added in.

DJmizuhara said:
When you chose your player there is 2 choices of costumes and 3 empty spaces, so I guess as you progressive through the game you're able to unlock new costumes.

2. What are the sound options? Does it have a PCM track, Dolby Digital, PLIIx?

3. Is there a place that they keep track of your stats? In the most recent game (Open Tee) they kept track of a ton of stuff, your driving accuracy, greens hit, perfect hit percentage, etc. Open tee also had medals to unlock for certain objectives like hole in one, double eagle, etc. is there anything like that?

Sure i'll think of more but these are a few that popped in my head.

Jonnyram

Wow, this forced install is horrendous. It does it right after you put the disc in, in the typical PS3 interface, and you have to sit their for 15 mins without any pictures or anything. Totally depressing. And a 4 gig mandatory installation for a game is just wrong. The 20G model will be rendered worthless if any more games do this.

tyler

After the excitement of the install have you any way of capturing screens (menus) for translation Jonny? Surely you don't want to play just yet...

Jonnyram

Is it impossible to play online right now?
Everytime I try to connect it says it fails to download the file, and please try again later. Did they not start it up yet?

tyler

I know someone else who's having the same thing so it's not just you. Probably just not activated until tomorrow.

tyler

nofilter said:
I'm all primed.

I've captured these from the latest video. Obviously some text is easier to guess but whatever you translate is appreciated, even the easy stuff.

http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/4180/afteraholetwk2.jpg
http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/4275/afterahole2ttn3.jpg
http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/8438/afteratournamenttjz4.jpg
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/4272/afteratournament2tyt7.jpg
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/4056/afteratournament3tgf9.jpg
http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/5871/beforeaholetgc8.jpg
http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/3112/duringareplaytss1.jpg

If anyone just wants to post what the text is without having to mess around in Paint™ etc I'm happy to edit & add it to the image file.

Enjoy these new screens...

1-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

4-1.jpg

5-1.jpg

6-1.jpg

7-1.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

Another video is one the way...this time is VS sofie.
If you're able to beat her you can play as her.

nofi

tyler said:
I've captured these from the latest video. Obviously some stuff is obvious but whatever you translate is appreciated, even the easy stuff.

Scrap this, I'll take a proper look at it tomorrow, sorry.

el Diablo

Banned
Nice, watched DJ's first gameplay video and it looks like it still keeps up with your stats as well as brings back the loyalty hearts from Open Tee. The 6 card monte used for picking your prize is interesting but could get old REAL quick if it allows you to pick items you've already won.

I need to stop reading and watching this stuff, i'm about -> <- close to placing an import order.

Brofist

Jonnyram said:
Is it impossible to play online right now?
Everytime I try to connect it says it fails to download the file, and please try again later. Did they not start it up yet?

same here. probably starts sometime tomorrow

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
kpop100 said:
same here. probably starts sometime tomorrow

I'm really looking forward to finding out if/how we can play across regions. Will be especially useful for when PES comes out.

nofi

AstroLad said:
I'm really looking forward to finding out if/how we can play across regions. Will be especially useful for when PES comes out.

I hope so, otherwise I'll be stuck. I've already convinced myself that I'll be picking up the EU version when it comes out too, anyway...

Man, you guys are soooo tempting me to buy this ASAP...all the pics and videos posted here look good...Hot Shots Tennis just came out for the US PS2 as well, I found the demo to be really fun too. I'll be getting both games soon.

Even if I pick up MNG5 most likely I'll be picking up HSG5 on the cheap as well when it eventually goes GH (if I can hold out that long =P)

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
chinmonster said:
Bah this wait will be painful. I wish Play-Asia had more shipping options. :(

Yep. Can't even track it so all I know is that it's floating out there somewhere in the world and will hopefully get to me by the end of next week (though I certainly wouldn't mind being pleasantly shocked).

LRB1983

Banned
According to some european sites the game is dated on 08-24-2007.
Is It true?.
The game looks great, and the demo too.

LRB1983 said:
According to some european sites the game is dated on 08-24-2007.
Is It true?.
The game looks great, and the demo too.
Not sure about Europe, but EB says the U.S. version is due in October. I might rebuy, depending on how much less I think I'm enjoying the Japanese version because of the language barrier.

As for the shipping Blue Dragon arrived about 10 days after I ordered it on whatever garbage $3.00 shipping was available for it, so I'm optimistic that it'll arrive by Friday or Saturday next week. :\

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
kpop100 said:

:lol Way to go kpop, I think I'm going to have to stick to playing you at PES if you play like that regularly.

chinmonster said:
might rebuy, depending on how much less I think I'm enjoying the Japanese version because of the language barrier.[/chinmonster]

Yeah, only real reason I'd rebuy is to play the rest of GAF online. So little text in HSG games anyway.

kay

What kinds of game modes are in it? I know there is online but I'm not sure exactly what else is there.

Brofist

online play is up.

I got as far as making a character and going to the lobby. Gotta unlock character features in single player, so not that many to start with.

Lobby is cute looking, with the characters looking almost Mii-like. You can communicate by preset phrases (all in Japanese btw) or by typing manually of course.

Seems there is a button that lets you access the XMB in game while in this lobby.

Top Bottom