• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

Moaradin

99 series is the only dubbed version, but it's pretty bad. Gon and Killua sound like old women.

I tried watching the 99 version a while ago, and the dub was pretty bad. I could only watch 7 episodes or so before I lost interest. Real shame since I loved the dub for YYH. Hopefully this series gets a good dub eventually. What are the chances of Funimation picking it up?

Rootbeer

Banned
I went in this order:
99-dubbed (it's not good)
Manga
Re-watched 99 subbed

99 is an experience in it's own right. But if you just want what the manga gives, go with 2011 and the manga. It's on hiatus so best to read first, then watch. You'll have something to look forward to. You could watch the 99 series just to experience it since it's full off (good) filler and atmosphere.

Happy to hear an opinion on this from someone who's watched all variants. I've only watched 2011 and read the manga. Maybe someday if i'm really bored i'll look into the 1999 show, but i don't have any desire now. I think 2011 is fantastic. I will be so heartbroken when it catches up to the manga and is forced to quit.

New ep in 35 mins!

Succubi Pie

Neo Member
99 series is the only dubbed version, but it's pretty bad. Gon and Killua sound like old women.

Pfft. I wouldn't say old but not youthful. You gotta remember, it was still during an era when good dubs were rarities... though the same can still be said. I only watched it dubbed because I didn't feel like reading the show.

Succubi Pie

Neo Member
Oh man. Watching Killua break that ant's neck was oh so satisfying.

This episode is probably the most impressive for the arc so far. Next week is gonna be better, I just know it. I wasn't expecting them to go through with the naked men being stomped to death or those faces. And yeah, the neck snap was well -snort- executed.

Happy to hear an opinion on this from someone who's watched all variants. I've only watched 2011 and read the manga. Maybe someday if i'm really bored i'll look into the 1999 show, but i don't have any desire now. I think 2011 is fantastic. I will be so heartbroken when it catches up to the manga and is forced to quit.

New ep in 35 mins!

1999 is pretty damn good as well I think I have watched through it 3 times which is amazing since I generally never re-watch stuff.

Succubi Pie

Neo Member
Is there a chance the 2011 will go on with its own story ala OG FMA?

Doubt it. If Togashi doesn't put out by the time CA is settled down, the Election Arc will have to be animated and it would end the same way the manga did. Only in a more "ending" kind of way. But it'll take awhile to get there. If push comes to shove, I expect fillers by the time Palm, Knuckle, and Shoot come around. It's the best place to do it.

CrazyDude

Doubt it. If Togashi doesn't put out by the time CA is settled down, the Election Arc will have to be animated and it would end the same way the manga did. Only in a more "ending" kind of way. But it'll take awhile to get there. If push comes to shove, I expect fillers by the time Palm, Knuckle, and Shoot come around. It's the best place to do it.

There is also the time when
They can also ad filler between the point where killua his sister/brother/thing and gon meet up at the end of the election and the point where they separate again.

Succubi Pie

Neo Member
There is also the time when
They can also ad filler between the point where killua his sister/brother/thing and gon meet up at the end of the election and the point where they separate again.

Well, the whole arc is fast paced because everything is going by in a rush. I don't think it would translate well.

retrobot

Banned
Madhouse took it to another level with the animation, sound and music production on the latest episode. Now I regret reading the manga because they're doing a spectacular job on the anime, especially this arc.

Has there ever been a long-running series that is as consistent as this in terms of high production standards?

Succubi Pie

Neo Member
JJBA maybe? Each episode had more fabulous than the last. Though it's not long running, yet. To be honest I can't think of anything since around episode 30+, the budget just tends to burn and someone has to cut costs.

AB12

At this rate there is about 100 episodes give or take worth of manga material, which amounts to about 2 years until the anime catches up to the manga. IF we are lucky Togashi might release about 10-20(if we are lucky) chapters of new material which isn't much, and have to wait for another reboot in 10 years, IF he doesn't end it like YuYu.

Rootbeer

Banned
tumblr_mnr4wqYFln1sndd4so1_500.gif

Trevelyon

Cot damn! Madhouse are murdering this arc so far. So glad they kept Yunju's human dogs scenes as mad fucked up as they were in the manga. The fight animation was fantastic and the continuous tension building and sense of dredd is spot on (oh, poor spot) and it'll only get so much worse.

Loving it.

retrobot

Banned

One of my favorite parts of the episode.

Cot damn! Madhouse are murdering this arc so far. So glad they kept Yunju's human dogs scenes as mad fucked up as they were in the manga. The fight animation was fantastic and the continuous tension building and sense of dredd is spot on (oh, poor spot) and it'll only get so much worse.

Loving it.

That human dog scene is only something Madhouse can animate. I wouldn't trust it in the hands of any other anime studio.

Soriku

Awesome ep. Dat Killua. He should be going psycho like that more often. Also I like how Gon was stuck in his position for like 5 mins.

Yado

I was bored and randomly selected this anime. Having never heard of it before, I was pleasantly surprised because it's probably the best show I've watched in years.

gon_by_tristtrist-d67itjl.gif

Fantastic episode, this level of performance is what Gon and Killua ought to be up to for the rest of the arc I hope.
Gon with the sword attack was surprising, when did he even learn that?!
. Was confused on Rammot
how did he get nen, did I miss that part?

Bentles

His encounter with Gon/Killau's nen attack coaxed his latent nen abilities out.

Always found the consistency of this satisfying when I read the manga. Within the laws of the series it's the obvious thing to happen but it could easily have been forgotten.

Succubi Pie

Neo Member
Always found the consistency of this satisfying when I read the manga. Within the laws of the series it's the obvious thing to happen but it could easily have been forgotten.

Jesus, I nearly forgot about it too! Now that I think about it, I bet that must be the reason there are probably so many self taught nen users around. The Spiders (sans Shalnark) don't seem, like the types to seek a professional. Maybe someone powerful came to Meteor City and they got the same treatment by coincidence. I want to say Jairo, but I don't think he left NGL after founding it.

upandaway

I'm blown away that they did the human dogs scene like that. Holy crap. I've been waiting for this episode ever since the arc started (because I wanted to see how they'd handle it) and they went crazy with it haha. Full confidence in Madhouse right now.

I really like how Gon's ability is handled! The scissors' first real appearance being in an actual battle (and not during training) feels so good. Also, that Rammot.

It's a bit of a shame to see the thread going back to "wink wink" again, you guys :(

Raxus

As dark as this arc is it has sooooo many badass moments. I am pumped to see them animated if this episode was any indication. We have yet to meet the best hunters.

Killua fans are in for one hell of a treat. Especially if they do the mini arc after this.

I loved the way they handled this episode. My favorite moment definitely had to be
dat headspin, first you're all fine and then "wait why did everything suddenly turn upside down?"

Anyways, judging from the preview, next week should be when shit hits the fan. So fucking hard. Right?

bigkrev

Fucked x Fucked 82

Dat flip 0_o

Can a manga reader give me an as SPOILER FREE ranking of what Kite's power level is supposed to be? I'm pretty sure Chrollo is the most power character we have seen so far.

Diablos54

Can a manga reader give me an as SPOILER FREE ranking of what Kite's power level is supposed to be? I'm pretty sure Chrollo is the most power character we have seen so far.
This is a tough one... I'd say about Hisoka/Illumni level, maybe a bit below them? He's not close to Netero's (Who is the strongest person we've seen thus far) level that's for sure.

Succubi Pie

Neo Member
Fucked x Fucked 82

Dat flip 0_o

Togashi made an official power ranking chart. It's old, but it still says a lot. He's stronger than Genthuru and Wing but weaker than Chrollo and Hisoka.

Yonafunu

This is a tough one... I'd say about Hisoka/Illumni level, maybe a bit below them? He's not close to Netero's (Who is the strongest person we've seen thus far) level that's for sure.

Yeah, I'd say about Hisoka level as well. I might even put him a bit above Hisoka, but that's just a hunch. It's really hard to properly compare power levels in HxH though. All you can say for sure is that he's really strong.

Succubi Pie

Neo Member
Yeah, I'd say about Hisoka level as well. I might even put him a bit above Hisoka, but that's just a hunch. It's really hard to properly compare power levels in HxH though. All you can say for sure is that he's really strong.

Kite's actually pretty weak but still strong. As I said, Togashi made an official power ranking so you know how strong someone is, it's the outcome of a battle that's hard to measure. The chart spoils for those who don't know certain Ants so I wont post it, and I'm not sure how to spoil images. Anyway, here's where Kite stands from a segment of it with certain names omitted.

Biscuit
Chrollo
Hisoka
Razor
Kite
Genthru
Gon
Killua
Wing

Power Levels

smurfx

get some go again
no way was he at hisoka's level.

Top Bottom