• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

Cirruss

The anime has such a nice stopping point, but its still really hard to resist taking a peek at the last few chapters of since i just want more HxH. But I know the wait will be even more painful if I look at the start of the next arc now.

And I feel silly looking at the picture of the world map now, since I only just realised that the world map is just Earth with the continents in different locations.

kewlmyc

I wouldn't be surprised in we never saw HxH on TV again. Apparently the next hiatus is indefinite due to Dragon Quest back problems, so who knows how long it'll last.

antibolo

Banned
I think there's a possibility that they'll continue the 2011 anime with a few OAVs every now and then, as enough chapters to cover slowly start piling in. But returning to full production with weekly episodes is definitely never going to happen.

Welp, I've finally watched the last episode! It's over and I'm actually quite happy with this ending.

I've already said this but my biggest fear with this anime was not getting a conclusion to the Ant Arc, after all, back in 2011 the arc was still ongoing at Hiatus X Hiatus. But I was pleasantly surprised with Togashi when he decided to do 30 consecutive chapters (2 years ago, I think?).

Not only we did get a conclusion to the Ant Arc, we had another arc begin and end. What's more, the Election Arc was a perfect stopping point, the manga could have ended there and I wouldn't mind much.

This was a superb adaptation even with some issues with Kite's introduction and the slower parts of the CA art. I actually almost cried while watching this episode, remembering all this time following HxH (anime)
and remembering that the Hiatus pain is back

Thanks for the fun ride Madhouse. Let's see another anime in 10 years.

Big One

Banned
Not only we did get a conclusion to the Ant Arc, we had another arc begin and end. What's more, the Election Arc was a perfect stopping point, the manga could have ended there and I wouldn't mind much.
Yeah I think Togashi did that for a reason, so the anime can end at that point. Though obviously I think Madhouse will revisit the series once he actually finishes the manga due to how successful this adaptation was.

Togashi is really setting up something big with the Dark Continent arc, so I hope he delivers something truly epic and brings closure to everything in the series. If it goes longer than the Chimera ant arc, then so be it.

ss-hikaru

Wao Dark Continent XD Looks awesome. But when they revealed it it just made me think "so this is how they're going to up the power level requirements" haha. Wonder how Gon will fare since he sacrificed his potential to fight Pitou right? (Assuming that Alluka could only heal his wounds).

I kinda missed the four requirements to go to the Dark Continent is anyone able to give me the list? ^_^;

Also, does anyone know how many eyeballs Kurapika has to collect in total? :p

smurfx

get some go again
Yeah I think Togashi did that for a reason, so the anime can end at that point. Though obviously I think Madhouse will revisit the series once he actually finishes the manga due to how successful this adaptation was.

Togashi is really setting up something big with the Dark Continent arc, so I hope he delivers something truly epic and brings closure to everything in the series. If it goes longer than the Chimera ant arc, then so be it.
i think the dark continent is likely going to be the longer than all the arcs before it combined.

This was an amazing adaptation. I currently think it is my favourite anime of all time. While I knew there were only 10 manga chapters more than what was adapted, I had to read them. I definitely think that if the manga ever comes off of hiatus, and for a long period of time, the next arc(s) in the Dark Continent could be the best yet.

fertygo

If the manga takes too long for providing new material, they just gonna reboot it again.. the adaptation is to advertise manga afterall.. they had to do this for all the kids in 2025

For you DTL

BxVjS2gCIAAuiXl.jpg

Wow, my face after watching the ending.

Togashi's physical health aside, I wouldn't be surprised if it was crippling procrastination that also played a part in the current state of the series. The famous hoarder den/messy apartment picture doesn't reflect a good state of mental health, so I hope he has been getting some help in that regard.

antibolo

Banned
Reading the first few pages of this thread is hilarious, it's all just whining about how it's different to the original anime and therefore it sucks.

RoyalFool

Banned
Togashi's physical health aside, I wouldn't be surprised if it was crippling procrastination that also played a part in the current state of the series. The famous hoarder den/messy apartment picture doesn't reflect a good state of mental health, so I hope he has been getting some help in that regard.

If a messy room reflects a messy mind, what would an empty room reflect?

Jigolo

I wonder if new Kite is more powerful since all Chimera Ants have tougher bodies. Also wonder if his technique will end up being the same since basically soul swapped.

They ended the anime pretty much as best they could, it really teased anime only watchers hard though. Better get on the manga in the mean time. The entire Jojo series will probably be animated before this new arc Togashi started will finish.

upandaway

Reading the first few pages of this thread is hilarious, it's all just whining about how it's different to the original anime and therefore it sucks.
The 2011 really did start on a bad note for plenty of reasons, and made a turn for the better after the exam arc ended.

If you really require examples, they rushed the pacing of the arc to the point of writing out significant parts like the first chapter of the manga (with Kite) and the sushi part of the exam. They also censored things for mystifying reasons, like Hisoka cutting a man's hands before the exam started, when half a year later they were already showing far worse.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
They ended the anime pretty much as best they could, it really teased anime only watchers hard though. Better get on the manga in the mean time. The entire Jojo series will probably be animated before this new arc Togashi started will finish.

Damn.

Now that's a really sobering thought.

Erigu

The fear of new is real. It always is.
Had nothing to do with that as far as I'm concerned (I had only seen some of the Greed Island OVAs, and disliked them to boot).
And I still don't like the beginning of the 2011 series, too. The music sucked, the pace sucked, the changes sucked, the recap episodes sucked, the eyecatches sucked, the censorship sucked, the previews sucked.
It slowly got better over time. Very slowly, in some of those areas.

That silent intro...I can't take it...

I still don't understand why this is happening. Why couldn't this occur with a piece of shit show like Bleach :^(

Krixeus

So, what was Kurapika doing the whole time since the Greed Island arc? All I got was that he's been tracking down all the eyes from his fallen comrades. Did they ever explain why it seemed like he was in jail or something during the couple of times the others tried to call him?

shira

So, what was Kurapika doing the whole time since the Greed Island arc? All I got was that he's been tracking down all the eyes from his fallen comrades. Did they ever explain why it seemed like he was in jail or something during the couple of times the others tried to call him?

According to the wiki
he's the new rat of the zodiacs

Ghost King

Neo Member

Kurapika was tracking the eyes, and he was the whole time in the room ("graveyard") with them( in the manga he is only showed during the scene of the birds when leorio calls him again, so I understand your confusion).

According to the wiki
he's the new rat of the zodiacs

That has nothing to do with the question that was asked,
Ging has to retire from the zodiacs in order for kurapika to be in them, so... it's not possible to kurapika to be in the zodiacs when gon was in GI

Akainu

Feel bad this thread is gonna be empty until 2016 at the earliest :(.

you can't really think there will be another anime? the dark continent isn't going to be over anytime soon and i don't trust these guys with original content.

jail? he clearly made a shrine for his fallen brothers.

remz

As said above, Kurapika was working to secure the eyes from people who may have bought or stolen them and hold them under his own ownership. He wasn't picking up his phone because he's antisocial. He was just ignoring them.

Krixeus

Kurapika was tracking the eyes, and he was the whole time in the room ("graveyard") with them( in the manga he is only showed during the scene of the birds when leorio calls him again, so I understand your confusion).

That has nothing to do with the question that was asked,
Ging has to retire from the zodiacs in order for kurapika to be in them, so... it's not possible to kurapika to be in the zodiacs when gon was in GI

Thanks for the replies. They never really properly explained what Kurapika or Leorio was doing since they parted ways after the Yorknew City arc and beyond. I figured Leorio was still in med school (and maybe graduated right before the presidential election arc) but I didn't know if Kuripika was still working as a bodyguard for that Neon Nostrade (mob boss and father of the girl who had psychic abilities), but he did seem like he was dressed as such. There are still the unresolved issue with the Phantom Troupe (which are still my fav villians of the series) and if Chrollo ever managed to regain his Nen.

Kyuur

That silent intro...I can't take it...

I still don't understand why this is happening. Why couldn't this occur with a piece of shit show like Bleach :^(

I'm not sure if this is a joke, because the Bleach anime did end. Unless you're talking about the manga being on hiatus.

Kyuur

There are still the unresolved issue with the Phantom Troupe (which are still my fav villians of the series) and if Chrollo ever managed to regain his Nen.

I think it's heavily implied that he did, and that Hisoka killed him:

Illumi: A lot of things were going on while you were playing tag with Chrollo.

I don't think Hisoka would just leave his target, unless Chrollo died some other way.

Edit: Woops, double post. My bad.

I think it's heavily implied that he did, and that Hisoka killed him:

The spider can still move without the head. The Troupe were looking for an exorcist type nen user and they found him in GI but right now they're functioning fine without him, he'll come back in time. There's no way Hisoka would kill someone who can't fight to his desired level.

No way Hisoka killed Chrollo off-screen. If he did, at the very least Machi would have been hunting him while he was hunting Killua and Alluka during the election arc.

The spider can still move without the head. The Troupe were looking for an exorcist type nen user and they found him in GI but right now they're functioning fine without him, he'll come back in time. There's no way Hisoka would kill someone who can't fight to his desired level.

I think it was Hisoka that recruited Abengane, not the Troupe, so I don't think they even know what Chrollo's current situation is. Considering Hisoka had ditched Abengane by the time of the election, he either found Chrollo or gave up. But given what we know about Abengane's powers, Chrollo may have some ugly worm hanging out with him for the time being.

And can someone refresh my memory, was there a cover page during the Chimera Ant arc involving Chrollo? I think I remember one but I can't recall what the actual content of it was at all.

I really like the dark continent stuff, but i feel Togashi expanded the story too much with it, when there's so many unresolved stuff. I want that
Hisoka vs Chrollo now.

Top Bottom