• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Idea Factory International Press Event on 4/16 @San Francisco

Shizuka

Makai Shin Trillion, Neptunia U, Moe Chronicles and perhaps one of the other Nep games all feel like safe bets. Hoping they localize something unexpected from another company, but we'll see.

Neptunia U has already been announced for localization, although we might get a release date for the game today. The only unnannounced Neptunia games are Neptunia VII (PS4) and the two Vita games recently announced (Vs Sega Girls and Blanc Tag Team).

Tapejara

As others have said, we'll probably get a release date for Neptunia U. Maybe Re;Birth3 as well?

Neptunia VII is the safest bet one could make. I'm in agreement that it'd be nice to see some VNs make their way over as well.

salromano

Neptunia VII is likely, since it's done and launching in Japan next week. Makai Shin Trillion, too.

I realize they have a ton of their own games to worry about, especially with all these Neptunia games on the way, but it'd be neat if they started localizations for other companies' games, too.

Neptunia U has already been announced for localization, although we might get a release date for the game today. The only unnannounced Neptunia games are Neptunia VII (PS4) and the two Vita games recently announced (Vs Sega Girls and Blanc Tag Team).

Should've been more specific, but that's what I meant about NepU. Something like Disgaea 5 at the recent NISA conference, where it was a topic, but not new.

VII wouldn't surprise me, nor any of the other games though. Nep's been great for IFI, so I expect more of that.

I realize they have a ton of their own games to worry about, especially with all these Neptunia games on the way, but it'd be neat if they started localizations for other companies' games, too.

Yeah, this is what I'm hoping for, but they have more than enough of their own games, so I'm not necessarily expecting it.

Marche90

What I'm hoping we get out of this is the release date of Fairy Fencer F for PC. Hopefully it will be a better port than the Neptunia game. Neptunia WAS a decent port, since it ran decently at 720p on my laptop, but because the V-sync was always on I could never get anything more than 20 fps. At least those 20 fps were locked :lol

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
In the point of localizing other stuff, what publishers/devs would they go for? Picking up more Spike-Chun and Kadokawa scraps? I think non-IF VNs would be a lot to ask for.

Shizuka

In the point of localizing other stuff, what publishers/devs would they go for? Picking up more Spike-Chun and Kadokawa scraps? I think non-IF VNs would be a lot to ask for.

I don't think there is any noteworthy japanese publisher/developer that doesn't have some sort of relationship with a western company. Furyu was in that weird spot, until Atlus USA came and announced Lost Dimension for localization.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think there is any noteworthy japanese publisher/developer that doesn't have some sort of relationship with a western company. Furyu was in that weird spot, until Atlus USA came and announced Lost Dimension for localization.

Yeah it's crazy how most right now have some kind of relationship with a western publisher :) A good thing.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Owj8aLh.jpg

Shizuka

Photos are fine. Embargo is tomorrow 11 am, so yeah.

Does that mean we won't know what the announcements are in two hours?

Yeah it's crazy how most right now have some kind of relationship with a western publisher :) A good thing.

A good thing, although I get a little sad when it comes to cases like XSEED not doing Falcom games fast enough because of MAQL and Tamsoft games.

I see they're doing the same thing NISA did, time to see if we can extract any information from that.

Shizuka

I wouldn't oppose to, y'know, you guys that are attending to the event send me an anonymous PM with the announced games. I promise I won't share them with other people before the embargo is lifted and I won't tell anyone I got such a PM.

Vylash

I wouldn't oppose to, y'know, you guys that are attending to the event send me an anonymous PM with the announced games. I promise I won't share them with other people before the embargo is lifted and I won't tell anyone I got such a PM.

if you wanted to send a pm my way as well, i probably wouldn't object

Shizuka

All this PM begging is really sad.

It's sad to announce an event to everybody, even allowing some people that aren't from the press to attend to the event and impose an embargo until the next day. Not to mention, you open yourself to people leaking false information until the embargo is lifted. It's not a clever way to deal with such an event.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
It's sad to announce an event to everybody, even allowing some people that aren't from the press to attend to the event and impose an embargo until the next day.

I wonder if those winners had to sign a waiver. But it's like, they aren't part of the industry so their loss is....? Releastically speaking.

Top Bottom