• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New infamous second son screenshots

wiggleb0t

Banned
Game looks gorgeous. Rich in detail and accurate textures.Looks like apartment bricks on the cream and rose'y area tint have a rendering technique applied which looks realistic.
Also the grey part of concrete has a sponged effect applied also looking realistic.
X7M29Zl.jpg

The chair in the other pic has awesome stone/pebble layer for the base which also looks very realistic. Surprised with the attention to detail.
Already pre-d... Gimme Gimme

pj

Banned
Game looks gorgeous. Rich in detail and accurate textures.Looks like apartment bricks on the cream and rose'y area tint have a rendering technique applied which looks realistic.
Also the grey part of concrete has a sponged effect applied also looking realistic.
X7M29Zl.jpg

The chair in the other pic has awesome stone/pebble layer for the base which also looks very realistic. Surprised with the attention to detail.

are we all just ignoring the right side of this screenshot?

Chettlar

Banned
You aren't even going to notice that while playing.

Calm down and don't worry.

Um, I'm going to notice that. I'm not going to care, honestly, since I've always been gameplay over graphics, but good lord that is noticeable. I hate running into those kinds of things.

I wish I could blame that on beta textures or something, but the game is releasing this month.

Um, I'm going to notice that. I'm not going to care, honestly, since I've always been gameplay over graphics, but good lord that is noticeable. I hate running into those kinds of things.

I wish I could blame that on beta textures or something, but the game is releasing this month.
Aaaaand that shot was from last year, near September/October? Maybe earlier. It was after E3, before Halloween I believe.

KissVibes

Banned
I see what you're doing

What?

He's seriously not going to notice that with how fast traversal is in the game. By the time any of the background environment is paid attention to, the textures will have already streamed in properly.

It's no big deal, just like with most early UE3 games.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
I'm expecting my PS4 to come in in a week or so, and I'm probably gonna just play the F2P stuff and free PS+ game Outlast until March or so. This may be the first actual game I buy.

I never really expected to be buying a PS4, and completely skipped the PS3 (Never even seen one IRL), so I've got a lot of catching up to do! I found these to be the longest Infamous:SS vids on Youtube;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wou4My1vz-c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoVCHRztSb8

Any other good vids you guys would recommend? I'm debating either getting this, Tomb Raider, or BF as my first game. I've never played any of the Infamous games, haven't played a Tomb Raider since part 2, and the last BF I played was '42 but I put hundreds of hours into it. I'm kind of scared though 'cause all I hear of BF is what a shitshow it is.

Chettlar

Banned
Don't worry, man. Neither can I. :(

It's even worse because I absolutely adore infamous and think everybody should get a playstation to play it (really hope Sony does an HD remake of the PS3 games, including Festival of Blood), but if I'm quite honest with myself, the Xbox One currently has more of the games I'm interested in, such as Halo, Forza Horizon, stuff from Remedy, etc. so if I do get a PS4, it's probably going to be even further down the line. :'(

beast786

I'm expecting my PS4 to come in in a week or so, and I'm probably gonna just play the F2P stuff and free PS+ game Outlast until March or so. This may be the first actual game I buy.

I never really expected to be buying a PS4, and completely skipped the PS3 (Never even seen one IRL), so I've got a lot of catching up to do! I found these to be the longest Infamous:SS vids on Youtube;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wou4My1vz-c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoVCHRztSb8

Any other good vids you guys would recommend? I'm debating either getting this, Tomb Raider, or BF as my first game. I've never played any of the Infamous games, haven't played a Tomb Raider since part 2, and the last BF I played was '42 but I put hundreds of hours into it. I'm kind of scared though 'cause all I hear of BF is what a shitshow it is.

if you don't mind exactly which platform you owned last /current gen?

Valnen

Where's the aliasing? If the image quality in game is actually that good, then this is the first true next gen game, easily. Killzone is way uglier than this simply because of the aliasing.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Where's the aliasing? If the image quality in game is actually that good, then this is the first true next gen game, easily. Killzone is way uglier than this simply because of the aliasing.

Aliasing is pretty noticeable in the shot with the dinosaur sculptures.

Valnen

Aliasing is pretty noticeable in the shot with the dinosaur sculptures.

Hmm yeah. But that's still a damn pretty shot. Definitely blows current gen away. Whatever AA solution they're using is working out for them.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
if you don't mind exactly which platform you owned last /current gen?

Well, I've owned a 360, a Wii, a 3ds XL, and a Wii U in the last gen. Currently I'm only rocking the Wii U and XL.

With Tax return season approaching I decided to splurge on a PS4 as a treat since my brother is a PS guy and PS seems the smart way to go this gen (In my opinion, I completely respect other folks' choices). I'm really excited to be able to play with him online again so that added a ton of value to the investment.

I'm really excited at the prospect of further "Definitive editions" of games I missed. I'm hoping the Uncharted games and TLOU, as well as Dark Souls 2, especially get current-gen ports.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Hmm yeah. But that's still a damn pretty shot. Definitely blows current gen away. Whatever AA solution they're using is working out for them.

I'm just saying that they're not super-bullshotty. Possibly not bullshots at all.

NBtoaster

Aside from the dof and wetness, it's not dramatically better than a 1080p GTA5. But that's already a very high standard.

Many games will have good AA this gen. Combining MLAA and traditional sampling based AA methods produces pretty good results in games like Ryse while not being too expensive.

Derrick01

Banned
City looks dead in most of them. Hope this will be better in the game.

I'm starting to wonder really. A common theme in almost every trailer, screen and leaked gameplay demo so far is that there's so few pedestrians wandering around. It's starting to feel like a where there's smoke there's fire type of thing. Then again they need to do more than just have a bunch of people to inject life into their city. I felt like Infamous 2 had plenty of civilians but the world still felt lifeless.

Valnen

Many games will have good AA this gen. Combining MLAA and traditional sampling based AA methods produces pretty good results in games like Ryse while not being too expensive.

That's great to hear, aliasing is one of my biggest pet peeves with 3D graphics.

RetroStu

Banned
X7M29Zl.jpg

This shot looks awful but the screens in the op look amazing, weird.

Top Bottom