• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New infamous second son screenshots

Damn ! I can't wait for this game but i should maybe stop looking at screen and videos. It makes the wait very hard !

Those graphics... wow !

If you believe there will be hipsters in the near future, there will be record stores.

Pah, some of us still have our record collections from when the hipsters were crowing about the superiority of CDs above dusty old vinyl :)

I'm looking forward to exploring this virtual Seattle.

Kyoufu

One of my biggest worries for this game right now has to be the power switching. I hope each power has plenty of abilities to use. Not being able to mix different powers to create fun builds could be a bummer. I trust that Sucker Punch know what they're doing in this regard.

Another worry is that the game will be too quiet. InFamous 2 was faaaaaaaaar too quiet. Could hear a pin drop most of the time.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
That shit's pretty rad, guys. I guess I'm going in expecting like "Elemental" powers so it's kinda weird to see neon and chain powers and stuff.

This shit is nuts, dudes.

One of my biggest worries for this game right now has to be the power switching. I hope each power has plenty of abilities to use. Not being able to mix different powers to create fun builds could be a bummer. I trust that Sucker Punch know what they're doing in this regard.

Another worry is that the game will be too quiet. InFamous 2 was faaaaaaaaar too quiet. Could hear a pin drop most of the time.

Well, it'd be nice to know how many powers there are, even if they don't specify them. Obviously we'll get smoke, neon and concrete - beyond that we have no clue.

As for sound mixing, yeah I hope they fix that. It was really really poor in inFamous 2. Worse than the first game.

Well apparently right now power switching is done by absorbing a different power source, want neon go absorb neon, smoke go absorb more smoke. So I don't think it's on the fly, might make it more difficult to chain different powers and such.

Loudninja

They dont want to tell :p
@SuckerPunchProd
@RUbbERLIGHTbULb no and no :) Do you really want to know. Gotta want some surprises right?
https://twitter.com/SuckerPunchProd/status/430491252648206336

Kyoufu

Well apparently right now power switching is done by absorbing a different power source, want neon go absorb neon, smoke go absorb more smoke. So I don't think it's on the fly, might make it more difficult to chain different powers and such.

That's what I was getting at. Mixing powers would have been cool, but now you have to find power sources to switch. I have my doubts about this. Hope they know what they're doing.

I'm so ready for this game to be out. Having the preorder ad taunting me on my PS4 feed doesn't help at all. Can it be March 21st already?!

That's what I was getting at. Mixing powers would have been cool, but now you have to find power sources to switch. I have my doubts about this. Hope they know what they're doing.

Ah ok, yeah we share those doubts. I was hoping it would be more fluid and you just swipe your finger across the touch pad to switch.

Loudninja

Suckerpunch answer alot of questions:
@SuckerPunchProd
@lb003g0676 @horiadociu As for customization, we've already showed off some custom vests you'll be able to unlock though the game -plus more
@SuckerPunchProd
@lyonsofarabia @horiadociu The game is about climbing on EVERYTHING and quickly traversing using super powers. You won't miss swimming! ;)
@NaughtyGods There's a lot going on in the city, and we really invested heavily in upping the interactivity and destruction! It will be fun!
@NaughtyGods We have invested a TON in new sound design. We have a new audio director, Brad, who's done an amazing job! Sounds great!
@Justinnamdari There is plenty to do in our big, open world game. You'll have a lot of fun using the powers and just taking everything in!
@lb003g0676 The main thing we focused on was making a city that's fun to explore using your powers. That's all I can say :)
@NaughtyGods We're in the polish stage right now putting the finishing touches ont he game- out Mar21- There's about 120 people on board.
https://twitter.com/SuckerPunchProd

viveks86

1891410_246227902225628_513725980_o.jpg

1119822_246227818892303_257869074_o.jpg

1102523_246227992225619_212726889_o.jpg

1556459_246228015558950_1778558809_o.jpg

1782278_246228022225616_1091276305_o.jpg

Will preorder the game and cancel it if I don't get these feels from their next video

I honestly can't see the full game looking that clean, I mean I'd love for it to look THAT good but everything other than promotional shots hasn't looked that good.

Those shots are very very pretty though and very colourful at times, I like that

VanWinkle

I've been feeling really down on this game lately. I don't know, maybe it's just because we haven't seen much of it? Maybe it's coming to the realization that they aren't doing more with the series and it feels like "just another" Infamous game (ie no multiplayer, no significant chances via the different powers, very similar running and jumping physics, etc.). I don't know. I like Infamous, don't get me wrong, but I was hoping for something...more grand? I was so hyped around the Feb reveal and during E3, but I'm just not feeling the hype at all anymore. Even with new screenshots (it doesn't help that they are never gameplay screenshots with this game).

wapplew

Second son map is about the size of Empire City+New Marais. They said it on some interview at TpGS.
Pretty big map to explore.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I've been feeling really down on this game lately. I don't know, maybe it's just because we haven't seen much of it? I was so hyped around the Feb reveal and during E3, but I'm just not feeling the hype at all anymore. Even with new screenshots (it doesn't help that they are never gameplay screenshots with this game).
After E3, I didn't care that much until I saw the Neon gameplay video from the Taipei show.

I liked every Infamous game and this will be more from that, so it's an automatic buy for me.
Also I need to support Nate who lost his parents.

Second son map is about the size of Empire City+New Marais. They said it on some interview at TpGS.
Pretty big map to explore.
I thought they said it was as big as New Marais only.

Derrick01

Banned
@Justinnamdari There is plenty to do in our big, open world game. You'll have a lot of fun using the powers and just taking everything in!

That's not the details I was looking for. Taking sights in is not doing anything, I want something more specific than that.

VanWinkle said:
I've been feeling really down on this game lately. I don't know, maybe it's just because we haven't seen much of it? Maybe it's coming to the realization that they aren't doing more with the series and it feels like "just another" Infamous game (ie no multiplayer, no significant chances via the different powers, etc.).

The leaked gameplay video(s) are what did that to me, basically realizing it was just another Infamous.

Teletraan1

Banned
The city looks so lifeless. I know when my city is under lock down by the Department of Unified Protection and there are these people with destructive powers blowing shit up all over the place I tend to spend all my time running the streets and so does everyone else I know. I know, anecdotal information.

I was really disappointed to see that the powers aren't switchable on-the-fly. Not just because it'd be badass to string together sweet combos, but for what it implies for the power loadout themselves. If you can only have one equipped at a time, it means the powers can't be that different from eachother, y'know? You always have to have the same baseline abilities, no matter which one you're using, so you can't find yourself in a situation with no way to deal with it.

I mean, imagine if Neon gave you no offensive abilities at all, but in turn made you super fast and gave you a bunch of awesome traversal abilities. Or if the Earth/Concrete/whatever it is power gave you no projectile attacks, but instead had you raising chunks of rock out of the ground to clobber people like an Earthbender. The devs wouldn't need to worry about creating Smoke power equivalents because you could always just switch back to Smoke whenever you needed to shoot a guy. The way it is now, though, it seems much more like you're just changing the colour of your peashooter.

Loudninja

That's not the details I was looking for. Taking sights in is not doing anything, I want something more specific than that.

The leaked gameplay video(s) are what did that to me, basically realizing it was just another Infamous.
What else would it be?

Felsparrow

Neo Member
Anyone else see how Sucker Punch is modifying Troy Baker and Travis Willingham's faces to both have more Native American aspects compared to when they were initially shown?

It's a very nice touch, it's still Troy Baker, but if he was born half or quarter native American. It really shows more in the recent close ups.

Top Bottom