• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Other than Batman and Spider-Man, what is the next AAA major superhero game IP you want to see?

R6daaq4.jpg

Lunarorbit

I don't want another superhero game.

Where are the supervillian games? Doctor Doom anyone? He's got magic and robotics.

You could go the rts route like someone mentioned with Darkseid and have the game be about setting traps to kill the fantastic four and their annoying ass kids. Like dungeon keeper.

It could be a moral choice game like ME, infamous, or fable cause Doom isn't always evil. He's more pragmatic and egotistical. In this style it could be more action based with magic and fighting combos plus ironman level tech.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Okay I don't understand this. The Punisher would surely end up as another generic 3rd person shooter?

A hardcore stealth game might be cool as we don't get many of them these day's but you don't need a superhero for that.

Superheros potentially lend themselves to more interesting and over the top game-play. Admittedly superman would be hard to pull off but characters like Thor, Hulk, Dr Strange and Iron Man are perfectly reasonable. I know Avengers was rubbish but any of these characters could work in a good single player game.

Personally I would vote for Iron man

Blade, Wolverine and Daredevil or those you mentioned are something I'd be down for and can work with stealth but I just dont like their lore/villains. Batman and Spiderman are awesome not just because of them, but because they also have the best villains in comics. No point in making a superhero game if you're just going to fight generic purple monsters. Well, we are already getting a Wolverine game and Im sure its gonna be nice, but Im kinda meh on the x-men villains. Blade villains I have no idea whos who or what so might be cool, like imagine we get the level design of Asylum with a vampire Blade game. I'd love dat shit. Daredevil also would work well but besides Fisc, no idea whod he go against besides generic thugs.

Tbh I think game developers should just make their own hero, new ip, enough with the comics, something that would surprise us, shock us.

Blade, Wolverine and Daredevil or those you mentioned are something I'd be down for and can work with stealth but I just dont like their lore/villains. Batman and Spiderman are awesome not just because of them, but because they also have the best villains in comics. No point in making a superhero game if you're just going to fight generic purple monsters. Well, we are already getting a Wolverine game and Im sure its gonna be nice, but Im kinda meh on the x-men villains. Blade villains I have no idea whos who or what so might be cool, like imagine we get the level design of Asylum with a vampire Blade game. I'd love dat shit. Daredevil also would work well but besides Fisc, no idea whod he go against besides generic thugs.

Tbh I think game developers should just make their own hero, new ip, enough with the comics, something that would surprise us, shock us.
Got you good villains are important. I guess I want more interesting gameplay mechanics that would go beyond what a grounded character could do.

I think I agree on developers creating their own character. In hindsight the infamous games were better than the modern spiderman games. Then and again we also have forspoken....

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
I don't want another superhero game.

Where are the supervillian games? Doctor Doom anyone? He's got magic and robotics.

You could go the rts route like someone mentioned with Darkseid and have the game be about setting traps to kill the fantastic four and their annoying ass kids. Like dungeon keeper.

It could be a moral choice game like ME, infamous, or fable cause Doom isn't always evil. He's more pragmatic and egotistical. In this style it could be more action based with magic and fighting combos plus ironman level tech.
Doom is no villain.....hes the hero we need who does whats necessary.

I fully agree a Dr Doom game would be legit.
Set it before he becomes the ruler of Latveria and the current Latverian rulers are corrupt......how he ends up taking power......might be questionable.
We get to play through that, some decisions we make might be a bit dark.

Any of those American heroes who come to stop him get stomped and kicked out with Doom giving them one of his famous monologues describing how this isnt their fight.

And his powerset is practically limitless.

EfsHzAcU0AARmuW.jpg:large

Last edited:

The Alien

Banned
I dunno. I'm tiring out in Super Heroes in general.

The concept of Suicide Squad Kills JL really excited me. Then I saw it in action. No thanks.
Instead, maybe a Thanos Kills The Avengers could be in order.

Played Gotham Knights which was not great....all I really wanted TBH was a Arkham/Rocksteady nect gen game. Gotham Knights wasn't that

Not the biggest fan of the Spiderman game but know I'm def in the minority on that. I'm sure Spiderman 2 and Wolverine will kick ass. I love Insomniac as a dev so pretty confident whatever they put out is gonna be high quality.

People are throwing around the idea of a TMNT game based off The Last Ronin. That sounds really cool and well suited for a video game.

Dredd?

YukiOnna

The tokusatsu heroes deserve better games: Sentai, Kamen Rider, Ultraman. Each seasonal gimmick already makes for fun gameplay mechanics and they’re just cool.

Lunarorbit

Doom is no villain.....hes the hero we need who does whats necessary.

I fully agree a Dr Doom game would be legit.
Set it before he becomes the ruler of Latveria and the current Latverian rulers are corrupt......how he ends up taking power......might be questionable.
We get to play through that, some decisions we make might be a bit dark.

Any of those American heroes who come to stop him get stomped and kicked out with Doom giving them one of his famous monologues describing how this isnt their fight.

And his powerset is practically limitless.

EfsHzAcU0AARmuW.jpg:large
I forget if that's a black swan in your avatar or not. I'm guessing it is with your enthusiasm!

PillsOff

Banned
NONE
Fuck em.

They always take pretty decent pop-mythology for teens n cut all the mythology out while making the most broad, save, aggressively inoffensive n brain dead interpretation of it's basic story.
And it is all of Marvel Movies, Games, most of the DC projects n ext

Fuck it.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
A 60's/70-'s era Legion of Super Heroes where almost all heroes names ended in 'boy', 'lad' or 'lass'....and all the powers were ludicrous. Your character would be a new recruit which you customize from appearance and powers (mix and match abilities like stretching, speed, invisibility, ability to toss spiders.....whatever......) and be a crazy open ended arpg like Marvel Heroes was. Single player or multiplayer. Playing with others with crazy abilities and appearance/costumes would be cool. Could even just not even make it DC or Marvel. Make all heroes and villains new.

Most DC characters don't translate well to video games due to how overpowered they are, and how much they'd have to be nerfed in their respective games.
Lol you have game characters who realistically could destroy planets. Gameplay isn't meant to fully match how powerful characters realistically are.

DaGwaphics

Classic X-men in the spirit of the early 90s animated series.

Getting the right feel for true super heroes in games seems to be a hard one though. It needs to be built in a way where there is a lot of challenge for the player from opponents with similar capabilities. At the same time, enemies with more grounded capabilities need to be easy to dispense of in order to maintain a sense power.

That was one of my criticisms of the Avengers game, for super heroes they sure did get bogged down a lot from basic enemies.

MAtgS

animorphs.jpg

-Open world sandbox where you can be any animal at any time.
-Open ended mission where brute force or stealth are valid options.
-Visser Three is like a whole game's worth of bossfights rolled into 1 character.

kunonabi

None. The current trend of making superheroes look just like regular people doesn't really interest me. I should have been all over the Midnight Sons game but the lack of actual of actual Midnights Sons and the relationship garbage tanked that for me. Current climate just doesn't allow for the kind of superhero games I want in all honesty.

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
Make a Superman game with insane destruction and Henry Cavill as Supe in UE5.
wkJ8yRZdHRBta2p3YQRyPV.gif

main-qimg-08e96bd5b46ffeb7530e0faec133db01

Top Bottom