• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Other than Batman and Spider-Man, what is the next AAA major superhero game IP you want to see?

Mhmmm 2077

I'm happy that Wonder Woman game is in development... I'm unhappy about how Suicide Squad game looks like. I'm a DC fan, I don't really care about Marvel, but I will play the games if they are decent. Millarworld IPs could be turned into some good games too. Idk what I would like to see the most though, probably Superman or Constantine.

TagZ

I always thought about The Coalition maybe doing a single player, third person shooter X-men game focusing solely on Bishop and with time travel mechanics maybe like in Titanfall 2.

acidagfc

91o+RE5hWOL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

I've got favorites in the pipeline coming like Wolverine, Wonder Woman, Iron Man etc, but this is the definitive answer, and it's been far too long a wait:

Imagine an origin story, where you end up in the fortress of solitude learning your origins and getting ready for first flight, but now in real-time gameplay, and Hans Zimmer does his usual magic with the OST. OMFG I'M CREAMING EVEN THINKING ABOUT IT.

henry cavill request GIF

Last edited:

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
I don't want to any other superhero games. Give me fresh new IPs.

Yeah I can never tell if it's 4x, the old explore, exploit, exterminate, exfoliate, or if it's real time strategy. I'm thinking of something like stellaris except you're sending parademon armies around the galaxy
Would be cool although I think there should be some sort of implementation of Darkseid doing some ass kicking himself.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Marvel

Hulk ultimate destruction reboot
Insomniacs wolverine
Deadpool
Daredevil
Punisher
Blade all day!

DC

Flash, with the power of ssds
Superman
Wonder woman

....suicide aquad...😆

Last edited:

Fbh

I still think a proper AAA Iron Man game could be cool. Really take advantage of the flying ability and makes levels with a lot of verticality.
I wouldn't necessarily make it an open world game but rather have various big areas to explore and a few more linear sections.

giphy.gif

ProtoByte

I'm not happy that EA are making them as I don't think they'll quite reach their highest potential, but I'm happy Iron Man and Black Panther are getting games. I just hope the 3rd Marvel character they have isn't anyone I name next.

On the Marvel side, Daredevil and Captain America demand games at some point. Daredevil might be more interesting to some people, but Cap having a full suite of combat moves with and without the shield, whilst also maybe incorporating gameplay segments with Winter Soldier and Falcon would be cool. And keep Rogers as Cap the whole way through. I don't want it otherwise.

Obviously can't wait for Wolverine.

For DC? Superman and Flash are no duhs that had games cancelled before, so them - though my preference would be Superman. I'm excited for Wonder Woman (started a thread about it even), and I can't imagine a Superman title isn't on the table big time at WB. The only question is whether or not Gunn is that intent on fucking up the games side by making them subservient to his films universe - a terrible idea btw.

Last edited:

ProtoByte

I still think a proper AAA Iron Man game could be cool. Really take advantage of the flying ability and makes levels with a lot of verticality.
I wouldn't necessarily make it an open world game but rather have various big areas to explore and a few more linear sections.

giphy.gif

Dead Space Remake devs. I don't think they're a top tier studio, but they'll probably do a half decent job here. Half decent.

Fbh

IRON MAN
IRON MAN
IRON MAN

The character has all the ingredients to make for an amazing game and super fun, varied gameplay. The sky is literally the limit if they mine the comics.

T0minator

Ghost Rider would be badass. He's such a different looking character than what's currently out there, the chain mechanic and motorcycle would make a great combo for gameplay

Drizzlehell

Banned
Do people outside of hardcore DC fans even know who Lobo is? I mean he's cool but probably doesn't have that mass appeal like Spawn.
Yeah, probably not that many. Many people would probably consider Lobo as thoroughly un-cool these days, but I don't care. Those were the comics that I grew up with and I always liked their dark sense of humor and kind of self-awareness about how ridiculous this character was.

At first i thought, "duh, Wolverine because he's the coldest MF out there" even hitting the first comment with a like. Yet only moments after doing so it hit me like a Mack Truck.

Blade. Simple and plain. His powers are perfectly made for crossing over into the video game medium.

ProtoByte

I see Naughty Dog fitting perfectly in that world. Punisher is brutal as hell, Naughty Dog knows how to do visceral and brutal combat and it'll look so realistic.
I would've wanted ND to do Iron Man. Punisher would frankly be more of the same for them - some cross between Uncharted and Last of Us in both gameplay and storytelling.

Warablo

I remember The Punisher being pretty good back in the day.

Spawn would be similar to Prototype imo

Iron Man would be great with Anthem flying

Last edited:
The punisher is criminally overlooked. especially in the video game space. the 2004 game is or was good if not decent for what it was, but the shitty online only multiplayer title no mercy killed off anyone at the time to develop a another one. first person or third person, don’t matter I’d take either option in a heartbeat. but I honestly would prefer third person if given the choice.

TpMCZNG.jpg

twrgLKK.jpg

Zephir

Hulk, of course.
Ultimate destruction is still the best and funniest game and we need a proper HD version.
Playing as him in Avengers in the city maps was a colossal tease but more is needed

Last edited:
Top Bottom