• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Other than Batman and Spider-Man, what is the next AAA major superhero game IP you want to see?

I want to see an AAA game about The Flash next. They can take cues from inFAMOUS Second Son in which you can run through cities like the flash with the neon power.

Also inFAMOUS Second Son has the same general setting as The Flash with a sci-fi metahuman plot set inside an american city so the world would be similar.

They should also add metroidvania elements where the most speed force powers you learn(lightning bolts, tornado hands, phasing through matter, etc) the more areas you can unlock access to with them.

Last edited:

Nico_D

Well... this one.

iIgBzF1.png

NahaNago

Gambit would be nice to see. You could create some interesting Louisiana levels. The iron fist would be fun to play as. I'm pretty much drawing a blank for the most part when thinking about comic book characters that would be great to use. I'd honestly rather have a beat em up that has a bunch of superheros you could play as rather than a AAA game. That way you could use tons of characters since they would be very limited on what they could do.

I can also imagine some cues from something like Frozen Synapse just AAA and not with barebones visuals. Not actually turned based though, just very slow time. Him or Quicksilver, or Sonic.
The perspective wouldn't fit since FS is over the top.

I agree there should be a mechanic to slow time. I would make that one of the speed force powers which slowly drains bar.

The perspective wouldn't fit since FS is over the top.

I agree there should be a mechanic to slow time. I would make that one of the speed force powers which slowly drains bar.
Planning phase doesn't have to be first person or over the shoulder? Something like GRAW or Ghost Recon as other models, and when you are done you check what happens in a cinematic sequence in whatever camera seems fit, and rinse and repeat if the result is a failure and your hero does not obliterate the enemies in the scene.

The Punisher. That lunatic is the best character for gaming. Point and shoot, Rinse and repeat.
The more grounded the hero the better. I dont like overpowered superheroes like Superman. I love stealth so someone similar to these two.
That would be sick. I guess for now Wolverine is looking to be the best compromise.
Okay I don't understand this. The Punisher would surely end up as another generic 3rd person shooter?

A hardcore stealth game might be cool as we don't get many of them these day's but you don't need a superhero for that.

Superheros potentially lend themselves to more interesting and over the top game-play. Admittedly superman would be hard to pull off but characters like Thor, Hulk, Dr Strange and Iron Man are perfectly reasonable. I know Avengers was rubbish but any of these characters could work in a good single player game.

Personally I would vote for Iron man

Holammer

Daredevil, it could be the perfect fusion of Spiderman & Batman. The movement mechanics are there and you can get the detective angle too.

Top Bottom