• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Japanese Boxarts

CUjLjdSUsAAwm7I.jpg
CUjLuvMUYAEo6X6.jpg

CUtL9g8UsAAkg9c.jpg

CUtKk-uUAAAPZ0V.jpg
CUtKnDKUsAAPwF9.jpg

CUtM7jcVAAIA2aj.jpg

Jazz573

Was intrigued by the beautiful cover art, so I did a little searching on the internet. This is a Vita port of a PC game that came out a few years ago. Bit belated isn't it? The game is on sale on Steam right now but apparently it's a flawed and not-very-well-regarded localisation. Shame.

Muv-Luv came out years ago and it still is getting ports. :p

Also If My Heart Had Wings is getting a fan retranslation, which should be coming this year.

The reason it sucks is because it was done by an internal team, so no one with proper English skills. They also removed the H scenes, which would be fine if there was also an English 18+ version, but there isn't. And even that wasn't enough for them, because they also removed kissing and any mentions of kissing, which is silly because it's supposed to be a romance game. :p

Good job, MoeNovel, I don't think you could have fucked it up any more even if you tried.

Muv-Luv came out years ago and it still is getting ports. :p

Also If My Heart Had Wings is getting a fan retranslation, which should be coming this year.

The reason it sucks is because it was done by an internal team, so no one with proper English skills. They also removed the H scenes, which would be fine if there was also an English 18+ version, but there isn't. And even that wasn't enough for them, because they also removed kissing and any mentions of kissing, which is silly because it's supposed to be a romance game. :p

Good job, MoeNovel, I don't think you could have fucked it up any more even if you tried.

Truth be told, I'm not too clued up on the visual novel scene. It strikes me as weird that these games get console ports years after they first come out, but then I did play Steins:Gate on the PS3 this year and that's been around for ages, so I can't complain.

Not too fussed about the absence of hentai scenes, but removing kissing from a romance is like removing guns from a military shooter. What the hell was the rationale behind that?! That's dumb.

Would be really cool if this Vita port got localised at some point in the future with a good translation and the kissing stuff intact, but I imagine the probability of that happening isn't too high. Who knows though.

Top Bottom