• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Japanese Boxarts

Chanser

71o5Ty8PnOL.jpg

koutoru

I really hope that rumor about NISA not localizing Vita games anymore is false. I really want this one, it kinda stands out among all DRPG's.
With NIS, I wouldn't be surprised to see them port it to Steam or PS4 for the west if we don't get the vita version.

Also, where is this NISA/Vita rumor? They still have a Vita game on pre-order...

It's all in peoples minds because they haven't announced much for this year yet. People are just freaking the fuck out when we're not even a full month into the year yet and there's dozens of potential localization announcements that nothing has been said about yet.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
It's all in peoples minds because they haven't announced much for this year yet. People are just freaking the fuck out when we're not even a full month into the year yet and there's dozens of potential localization announcements that nothing has been said about yet.

Oh ok, makes sense then. Well, the Vita is full of dating sims, VNs, and licensed games, most of which won't come out here, anyways :/ Still a ton that have potential. NISA has a good relationship with Spike-Chun (DR3...) and Kadokawa for stuff.

Jazz573

Nice artwork. Looking forward to this. Yu-No remake coming the same year is exciting too, since it's the same writer. There's also the XBONE Mystereet F game, again same writer. Published by 5pb just like the Yu-No remake.

Hope this gets localized so we can finally have a DECENT English version. The state of English versions of Kanno games is a tragedy. Yu-No being the only one with a good translation, is just apalling.

Still wondering who El Dia is and what their ties to C's Ware are.

Tohsaka

Yeah, they have an event next month so I'm sure we'll hear something then.

AniHawk

I really hope that rumor about NISA not localizing Vita games anymore is false. I really want this one, it kinda stands out among all DRPG's.

the problem is more on nis in japan not making a ps4 or steam version. the vita market's gone in the us for standalone games, and the swan songs were essentially danganronpa another episode and persona 4 dancing all night.

HGH

Banned
I still feel like something's wrong with pink hair girl. Like, someone just drew/designed her wrong or something. No one else bothers me that way.
I'm betting for like all CG faces and a bunch of swords thrown in. Ya know, to make it look action-packed and manly or whatever.
Was it SO2 where they replaced all the ingame 2D art with poor CG?

I still feel like something's wrong with pink hair girl. Like, someone just drew/designed her wrong or something. No one else bothers me that way.

Was it SO2 where they replaced all the ingame 2D art with poor CG?

SO4

SO2 and SO3 were just fine. SO4 on 360 replaced all the voices and then changed the art to 3D renders. The PS3 version we got had both voices and you could switch between CG and art.

18-Volt

the problem is more on nis in japan not making a ps4 or steam version. the vita market's gone in the us for standalone games, and the swan songs were essentially danganronpa another episode and persona 4 dancing all night.

It shouldn't be that hard for NISA to ask its parent company to port those Vita exclusive games to Steam or PS4. They have recently entered the world of Steam with Disgaea 1. Otherwise, NISA won't have any stuff to localize because, Nippon Ichi seems to love doing Vita only stuff.

Really, people are liking the SO5 boxart? It's something I would've expected from the NA relaease(close-ups and floating bust collage). It's too cluttered, IMO and isn't new(at least a majority of that character art has been seen. There should be some rule where cover art isn't comprised of media released promo art.

HGH

Banned
I'm not really getting whats funny about these Medabot covers?
Medabots has always been a child friendly/oriented series but this a black box C-rated (ages 15+) game with a focus on female characters so everyone's assuming they went the full fanservice route.

Really, people are liking the SO5 boxart? It's something I would've expected from the NA relaease(close-ups and floating bust collage). It's too cluttered, IMO and isn't new(at least a majority of that character art has been seen. There should be some rule where cover art isn't comprised of media released promo art.

TBH I'm surprised by this one somewhat, since previous SO box arts were mostly just the sea of stars with the logo and maybe something related to the game's plot. This changes with TLHI on PS3 though:
85895_front.jpg

I think that box and the one we see here for SO5 are actually pretty decent.

Ryan95

Attack on Titan boxart makes me sad, because it's gorgeous but I fear here in the West the Vita version will be Digital Only

Top Bottom