• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Japanese Boxarts

saher

Banned
TBH I'm surprised by this one somewhat, since previous SO box arts were mostly just the sea of stars with the logo and maybe something related to the game's plot. This changes with TLHI on PS3 though:
85895_front.jpg

I think that box and the one we see here for SO5 are actually pretty decent.

Very nice art, it reminds me of the OST of PSO

lURFdHK.jpg

Ephidel

It's Raishi Konpeki no Shou (I think that's it anyway - 雷子 紺碧の章), the sequel to Raishi (link is for the boxart of the first game, earlier in this thread).
The original was a strategy game, I assume this one is too.

Has anyone ever written a sort of analysis about why certain regions get certain styles portrayed in their box art? I just find the majority of JPN boxart to be smart, classy, snappy, or very minimalist(all shit i love) compared to the US where it seems like we just threw together a press kit jpeg collage. But I'd love to know the thinking and reasons they make this stuff different

TheMoon

Has anyone ever written a sort of analysis about why certain regions get certain styles portrayed in their box art? I just find the majority of JPN boxart to be smart, classy, snappy, or very minimalist(all shit i love) compared to the US where it seems like we just threw together a press kit jpeg collage. But I'd love to know the thinking and reasons they make this stuff different

Well, just imagine what a cynical person would think about it and then just know that you're spot on. :D

Top Bottom