• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

New Japanese Boxarts

Nov 26, 2006
24,196
6
0
goldmetalsonic.wordpress.com

 

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Feb 16, 2007
17,255
0
0
Silent Hill
www.jocchan.com
shykyoichi said:
Yup. That's the literal translation. On the other hand, most sites do use Perfect Prosecutor.
It wasn't an official translation given by Capcom. To be honest, though, I expect it to end up being named Perfect Prosecutor... or Pro Prosecutor, to mirror the Ace Attorney name better.
 

shykyoichi

Member
Jun 1, 2008
1,268
0
985
Jocchan said:
It wasn't an official translation given by Capcom. To be honest, though, I expect it to end up being named Perfect Prosecutor... or Pro Prosecutor, to mirror the Ace Attorney name better.

Oh. Didn't know that. Well, I'll start using Turnabout Prosecutor from now on.
 
Nov 26, 2006
24,196
6
0
goldmetalsonic.wordpress.com
Infernal Monkey said:
Arc Rise's box art has been updated.


Heh, much better, I guess MMV realized people didn't like the plain white backgrounds from Rune Factory Frontier and Animal March's box.

I'll get the full size of ARF's box ASAP, but Kizuna #1, seems not that final, specifically the placement of the bottom logos if you get what I mean, and #2, there isn't even a full-size option! :p
 

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Dec 21, 2005
26,827
0
1,190
Hero of Legend said:


I do not care if my Wii cannot play this game I am importing this baby. I LOVE THE BOXART.

Hero of Legend said:
Surprise!



And I decided to make a large one of a fan favorite:



I bought the wrong region wii???? I wish I could play import games :(
 

jeremy1456

Junior Member
Jun 25, 2006
7,122
2
0
Whoa, is Atelier Rorona coming out soon or something?

Seems like just yesterday the game was announced, and now we have a boxart.
 

distantmantra

Member
Jun 9, 2004
25,820
0
1,520
Seattle, WA
jeremy1456 said:
Whoa, is Atelier Rorona coming out soon or something?

Seems like just yesterday the game was announced, and now we have a boxart.

June 25th. A lot of Japanese titles aren't announced until shortly before their release.
 

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Nov 22, 2007
19,599
1
1,070
Ths is probably very old but I lol'd at the "subtle" difference considering both covers are for the Japanese release.

 

Goldrusher

Member
Oct 18, 2006
15,581
87
1,495
Flanders
GreenNight said:
I really hope you consider upgrade your internet before coming into a box art thread.
:lol

What's the point of saving a 700x1000 box art as a png ? 3.3MB for a 700x1000 Japanese Mah Jong box ? Come on.
There's absolutely no point. It's way too big for regular browsing and too small to print.

Luckily he only posted five, 16.5 MB for 5 box arts. But if everyone started posting box arts like that, a single page would be ~150MB big. Upgrade my internet connection my ass. Have fun finding a connection in Madison that can fully load such a page within let's say 10 full seconds.
 

Prime Blue

Member
May 5, 2007
2,036
0
0
primeblue.pr.funpic.de
Goldrusher said:
What's the point of saving a 700x1000 box art as a png ? 3.3MB for a 700x1000 Japanese Mah Jong box ? Come on.
There's absolutely no point. It's way too big for regular browsing and too small to print.

Luckily he only posted five, 16.5 MB for 5 box arts. But if everyone started posting box arts like that, a single page would be ~150MB big. Upgrade my internet connection my ass. Have fun finding a connection in Madison that can fully load such a page within let's say 10 full seconds.
He just used bad software. Compressed with IrfanView, the Uroborosomusamaracasamasamassina boxart PNG is just about 1MB, not thrice as big. I'd take a nicely compressed PNG over a JPG image any day, even more so for screenshots.