• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Japanese Boxarts

Prelude.

hlojwzu.jpg
Jesus christ, how did they go from this to that?

Takao

Banned
Airship Q has retail release ???

Didn't know that, I thought it was digital only.... my gosh, another game to add to the buylist... :D

They're going after the Minecraft and Terraria audience, so a retail release makes sense. I'm very curious to see how it'll perform too, since it'll be the first digging game that could potentially get a proper marketing push in Japan.

I'm learning Japanese and believe or not I am super stoked I can read some of these box arts :)

you started a long walk, don't give up at first problems but remember that it takes years to reach a level you can play japanese games with a lot of text

ganbatte :)

@Takao : yes, I noticed it's priced as Minecraft, very curious to see how it will perform considering it's a "Terracraft" made in Japan

Prelude.

It sickens me that there are focus groups out there that will tell marketing people this type of cover sucks.
Well, that cover in particular does suck indeed. The gray background does not match well with her skin tone and there's a nonsensical green reflection on her legs, coming from nowhere on that cover since she's been cut from somewhere and now she's in a grayish nothingness. The black logo is also pretty ugly. It's just a very plain and cheap-looking cover, can't even compare with the original.

Jazz573

Well, that cover in particular does suck indeed. The gray background does not match well with her skin tone and there's a nonsensical green reflection on her legs, coming from nowhere on that cover since she's been cut from somewhere and now she's in a grayish nothingness. The black logo is also pretty ugly. It's just a very plain and cheap-looking cover, can't even compare with the original.

What a strange opinion.

Lnds500

What a strange opinion.

I agree.. it looks cheap and rushed. Plus the series has amazing concept artwork they could use.

This is a fair criticism.

I like the Gravity Daze cover. It's simple but as a result it's really striking.

Or at least it would be on a shelf here, not sure how much it'd stand out in a Japanese store.

It sickens me that there are focus groups out there that will tell marketing people this type of cover sucks.

For sure. More often than not they've got to appeal to the lowest common denominator with something really banal and busy looking. If Gravity Rush Remastered gets a physical release in the west, we sure as hell aren't getting a cover that cool.

Not that there was anything wrong with the original. Kat standing sideways on the building overlooking Hekseville still ranks as one of my favourite cover arts of this gen, but I like how this new one is almost the polar opposite of that. Very minimalist. Just a sole striking image of Kat and Dusty falling.

raven777

I like the cover. The original Vita cover was great but this one is different and nice in a different way from the original. Not saying one is better than the other, but I think both covers are great.

Servbot24

Banned
I agree I'm not a fan of the Gravity Rush cover. Just because it's simple doesn't mean it's good. The white background doesn't work.

I knew there was something that didn't quite sit with me and you nailed it. Thank you.

SephLuis

Someday, I will have that evolution trilogy of the first arc. And, I hope when that day comes, I am reading without a dictionary

I'm learning Japanese and believe or not I am super stoked I can read some of these box arts :)

Know how that feels. I would recommend start with simple games or games with a lot of VA and a dictionary. That's how I make due even with games that are beyond my reading capabilities.

Top Bottom