• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV screens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ran rp

latest

Turin

Banned
Why can't Luna look like that in the actual game. If Regis can look the same then so can she.

I'm guessing to more closely match Lena Headey in the movie. Nyx looks vaguely like Aaron Paul.

It's neither hear nor there to me with XV. FFXV as a game had a promise to keep as far as releasing something that was some semblance of what Versus XIII looked like.

I do hope they move away from the anime style in games after XV(and VIIr). While still being creative and elegant about it, of course.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
She's the English VA, would they really model the character after the English VA? Especially when Luna looks vastly different in-game.
The movie was mocapped and animated with the english VAs, the japanese version is a dub. Like somebody else said it's a MGSV/RE5 situation where they're not reanimating the scenes over for Japan. The majority of characters are modelled after their english VAs.

Seeing as how all the characters are white for some reason, yes, I could see that happening. It's happened before with games like MGSV.

I'm confused as to how such a young looking character could have her voice though. That's not going to be strange at all...

It's really weird because Notics & co are really hitting those jpop boyband tropes and then this looks all "futuristic Game of Thrones"-y.
Also, if Lena Headey had the time and the name recognition over the Japanese VA; Yeah they're going to go with her for mo-cap. It's not like Japan is the only territory they're selling this to.

Honestly watching that teaser trailer did not get me excited. Doesn't mean the movie will suck but I have no idea what I'm supposed to care about.

PSY・S;204697224 said:

I just realized how much old Regis looks like Hans Gruber:
14-alan-rickman-die-hard.w529.h352.jpg

I'm loving the look of Kingsglaive. The whole idea of a modern world with "olde tradition", a city with skyscrapers and knights on patrol, yadda yadda yadda. FFXV's world just has me so damn interested in it all.

Eh, I wish movie cast was more consistent actually. The setting is Shinjuku.
Modeled after Shinjuku. There's no Japan in FFXV. They could literally take inspiration from Shinjuku and fill it with whomever they want because FFXV's world is its own setting. I mean, Lestallum is modeled after Havana and Malaysia, two VERY different locations. Does that mean that town's going to be filled with either Malaysians or Cuban-inspired people? Both or neither? FF's worlds are just their own. We all know Cloud and Tifa are Japanese-looking, yet they come from Nibelheim, a traditionally European Alp-like village. Nobody questions that because that's just how FFVII's world is.

I'm loving the look of Kingsglaive. The whole idea of a modern world with "olde tradition", a city with skyscrapers and knights on patrol, yadda yadda yadda. FFXV's world just has me so damn interested in it all.

Yeah he did.
Yeah, completely agree, the Versus/XV world is great, it's looked awesome ever since the old reveal ages ago.

Considering that their primary focus is modernizing FF by striving towards a synthesis of western AAA and final fantasy that may have been a good idea.

Striving towards a synthesis of those two things doesn't really mean or require changing the art style. He even says older titles had that crown.

wmlk

Modeled after Shinjuku. There's no Japan in FFXV. They could literally take inspiration from Shinjuku and fill it with whomever they want because FFXV's world is its own setting. I mean, Lestallum is modeled after Havana and Malaysia, two VERY different locations. Does that mean that town's going to be filled with either Malaysians or Cuban-inspired people? Both or neither? FF's worlds are just their own. We all know Cloud and Tifa are Japanese-looking, yet they come from Nibelheim, a traditionally European Alp-like village. Nobody questions that because that's just how FFVII's world is.

That's true, but it just feels out of place here. I think FFXV the game embraces different nationalities and cultures more than the movie. Even if that's not very much.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Striving towards a synthesis of those two things doesn't really mean or require changing the art style. He even says older titles had that crown.
It wouldn't be changing the art style, aside from the character models the game visually is aiming for photo realism despite the fantasy setting. He says that older games held the crown of being considered cutting edge, because they were, FFVII was mindblowing at the time. It's pretty obvious that in a lot of ways they're chasing a western audience especially this movie. Honestly considering the cast, i'm really wondering about the quality of the script compared to the one that we'll get in the game.

Liquid_015

Gold Member
The best forever, i don't like the realistic look of the new CG as well.

OG Regis. The Best. No contest.

OG Regis looks more like Noctis's dad compared to the new Regis. Sorry, i'm still bitter about the change from old to new regis.

Turin

Banned
That's true, but it just feels out of place here. I think FFXV the game embraces different nationalities and cultures more than the movie.

Indeed. At least they've got biker girl. She's my favorite design from the movie.

If they're going to model characters after actors again, I think it'd be cool to see a protag modeled after Hiroyuki Sanada(aged down I guess).

That's true, but it just feels out of place here. I think FFXV the game embraces different nationalities and cultures more than the movie. Even if that's not very much.
But in locations or people? I don't recall seeming much variety in people in footage and in Episode Duscae. Most of the people look vaguely Asian, as they tend to do in many FF games(especially the ones Nomura designs for).

016.jpg

029.jpg

There's actually Black and Asian Kingsglaive members. Sure there are more obvious White ones(which IS annoying), but that's already pretty varied. I'm just wondering if we'll see that type of diversity in the game itself.

That and, in the second pic, I kinda like the look of the guy between center, pondering dude and red-haired guy. Looks un-dudebro-ish. I value different facial structures. Not every body has the same facial frame. Some people got wider jaws, bigger chins, longer faces and so on. That sorta thing adds to variety and unique character looks.

wmlk

PSY・S;204700435 said:
I posted that because I was wondering if there was any significance to the piece of metal sticking out of his head in the film.

I can't see shit out of that ant sized image.

But I don't remember seeing a spike there anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom