• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV screens

Status
Not open for further replies.
ben-affleck-talks-about-pressure-for-new-batman-to-succeed.jpg

Nah, he's actually based off this french model

MJVH801.jpg

benzy

There was another Japanese interview with director Nozue somewhere that talked about how the tech created and used for this film isn't just for show but for research purposes that will help them further their real-time rendering. It would take them about a year or so.

This is all I could find right now though. It's another progressive step taken like with the Agni project, find cheaper solutions to get as close as they can in real time to the pre-rendered CG. Whatever BD2 is doing after XV should be interesting to see.

As far as the realistic look that we have in the film, is it possible to create a game with that look and feel, and if it was technically feasible, would you feel comfortable making FF look that way, or are you comfortable with how XV looks right now?

Tabata: One of our plans was to see that realistic depiction and see how we can try and incorporate it in our game, and technology-wise, see what we’re coming up short with, and what we need to work on. The goal going forward is to be able to do this in real time during the game. So going forward, we’re hoping we’ll be able to reach that and the technology advances and researches we’re going to be doing with Kingsglaive and XV.

http://nerdreactor.com/2016/04/11/i...nal-fantasy-xv-part-ii-2/#h0g0ZSpz8SXqCweY.99

I'm wondering if this is at that party Noctis and Stella meet at back from Versuss XIII. Reminds me of that room they chat in, and there are what look like fireworks (celebrating the treaty) on the right.
Ohhh nice speculation. BTW, it looks like the glass penthouse party location from the old Versus trailer is still in the game (taken from the environment trailer)

SruwFS4.jpg

King Regis got redesigned based off of his performance capture actor.
joncampling_kingregis.jpg

Several of the Kingsglaive characters (including Regis) had their face modeled after real actors. The capture artist for Nyx is actually doing VO for a different (undisclosed) character.

PSY・S;204697224 said:
If the rumors are to be believed,
this character design isn't completely gone ;)

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
She looks like an actual person, (surprise surprise human skin isn't perfect), instead of a 3D anime figurine.

Are you dissing in-game Luna?

Kingslaive's (insomniac+skin aged) Luna is more realistic, as nobody can virtually lack all imperfections in real life, but I'd say the designs are equal. Just different styles.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Are you dissing in-game Luna?

Kingslaive's (insomniac+skin aged) Luna is more realistic, as nobody can virtually lack all imperfections in real life, but I'd say the designs are equal. Just different styles.
Both in-game versions of Luna/Stella to me personally has always been a really generic Tetsuya Nomura female character design. Nothing i've seen from her has made me interested or invested in her character at all.

Why doesn't the game have these character designs?These people look better than what they have in the actual game.

My first thought as well.

The designs of the characters here look much better and less like anime tropes than the main cast of the actual game.

Cramoss

Holy shit, I was actually confused at first sight of the first picture if it was real. I asked myself immediately, wait.. wasn't this movie supposed to be CG?

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
The character designs as usual look a bit too generic and westernized for me, yet I can't wait to see the movie. S-E will deliver the action scenes I'm sure :p

Noctis is a "generic Anime Protagonist", which is a tad more exotic in the west.

Yes and no. Let's say Nomura has a strong identity and I can't really say for sure the realistic/anime mash-up of FF's latest character designs are "generic anime protagonist". Probably I'm inclined to say you're wrong. I for example can't stand 99% of the char design of jRPGs nowdays. But the realistic take of FF on it it's quite unique even for the local market there.

Bennettt2

Holy shit, I was actually confused at first sight of the first picture if it was real. I asked myself immediately, wait.. wasn't this movie supposed to be CG?

it's amazing, the effort they're putting into this universe. kinda justifies me buying a PS3 and PS4 for it.

Famassu

Ok so make them Asian but keep the clothing and hair designs. Boom, way better than XV designs.
That hair style is partly what makes them so generic. There's nothing wrong with Noctis' hairstyle. Not everything needs to accommodate to the boring styles of western men, there's absolutely nothing wrong with having a bit more flair in men's hairstyles so long as it doesn't go completely overboard (i.e. in before that one FFX-2 character), which Noctis absolutely does not. Noctis & co are also not soldiers/some elite royal force so there's nothing wrong with them dressing more casually.

Talax

This is some insane stuff. Even knowing beforehand that it's CG I almost thought it's real.
The male designs are too similar to each other though. Maybe it's just me I dunno.

Can't wait for this!

Koozek

Waiting for the PS4 Neo version.

I'm not gonna lie - I have a very keen eye, I think, for CG.

And when I first opened this thread, those first ~three pictures looked live-action. Period. On first glance, I was legit confused. That's never happened to me.

Same here. I pick up CGI in movies instantly when most of my friends don't, but some of those shots are insane. I wouldn't have thought I'd be so excited for the FFXV movie back when the rumor was leaked last year. Looks amazing.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
WOW

This is as impressive as Advent Children was in 2006. Absolutely amazing.

Edit: Nyx is totally going to die in this movie.

Andromeda

Banned
That hair style is partly what makes them so generic. There's nothing wrong with Noctis' hairstyle. Not everything needs to accommodate to the boring styles of western men, there's absolutely nothing wrong with having a bit more flair in men's hairstyles so long as it doesn't go completely overboard (i.e. in before that one FFX-2 character), which Noctis absolutely does not. Noctis & co are also not soldiers/some elite royal force so there's nothing wrong with them dressing more casually.
Gladiolus is actually military. So is Cor.

Perfo

Edit: Nyx is totally going to die in this movie.

I think the King and all his kingslaive are meant to die if the prologue of FFXV means something. I just wonder why Cor Leonis doesn't seem to be in the movie considering he is the King's guard.

Perfo

Shame Nyx is said to not exist in the game, because he is quite well designed and seem like an interesting character.

Well at least you can expect some reference ingame about him.
Though to me he looks like a discarded AC's character.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Having super realistic faces on Visual works CGI instead of the usual SE animeish doll faces is EXTREMELY DISCONCERTING.

Not sure how i feel about it just yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom