• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Lair screens (really)

cgcg

"the gap isn't nearly as big for 360."

Exactly, some of the best lookng x360 games are multi-platform releases. The gap however is huge on the PS3...but let's get back to Lair. Can't wait to see the jungle environment.

theBishop said:
I hope there's a bonus level or Easter Egg that's just a modern suburban neighborhood. That would make Lair legendary!

Then I hope they pick my neighborhood, and hopefully it'd let me use my dragon to burn and munch on the pugs and the owners who let these pugs shit right outside my patio. I love dogs, but damn.

[Reki]

Banned
lair_04ca.jpg

lair_03ca.jpg

lair_01ca.jpg

lair_02ca.jpg

https://www.cmpevents.com/sessions/GD/S3731i1.pdf

Forsete

Factor5, put a request to Insomniac for use of their cloud-tech.. The clouds are the only non-OMGWTF about that screen.

OMGWFT! :)

Mmmkay

Oops, I wondered why the screenshot wasn't the right resolution, seems when Worch converted his Open Office presentation to Microsoft PowerPoint it resized the image. Here's the 1080p framebuffer grab that's in his original doc:

1818properlair.jpg

dfyb

Banned
Mmmkay said:
Oops, I wondered why the screenshot wasn't the right resolution, seems when Worch converted his Open Office presentation to Microsoft PowerPoint it resized the image. Here's the 1080p framebuffer grab that's in his original doc:

[ig]http://photos.digitalrave.net/images/1818properlair.jpg[/img]
that is just so awesome

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Based on that pic, I can see why some have complained about the LOD engine being overly aggressive. Hasn't really shown up like that in previous footage though.

kaching said:
Based on that pic, I can see why some have complained about the LOD engine being overly aggressive. Hasn't really shown up like that in previous footage though.

Indeed, the scale is awesome but the lod isn't really up to scratch. I think the lack of shading in the distance is the main reason of the picture looking a bit off.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
theBishop said:
What's really incredible is that this screenshot:
lair-20070211032040825.jpg

Is just like a tiny dot on the larger map:
lairmars2fq5.jpg

That 4GB-per-level figure just got a lot more believable.

I said WOW!!!! The levels are HUUUUUGE!!!

methane47

Omg the game looks frickin amazing..

One thing though that I'll start predicting from now...
When this game launches some Aholes will complain about aliasing.. :(
If not aliasing.. they will complain about no motion blur.. :(
if not they will complain about DOF (on/off someone will complain)
Then the bad art comments will arise..
RIGht before the "bad color pallet choice" crap comes up...

I can name a couple people who will complain but i dont feel like getting banned today..

steinmc

dfyb said:
the gap isn't nearly as big for 360. stuff like gears and mass effect have some nice visuals, but their scale is tiny (not more than 10 people on screen and relatively small environments etc).

Yes, but then hve a look at Alan Wake.

But that`s not the topic here. Any Idea when we will see pictures of the Jungle level?

Top Bottom