• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New 'Land Of The Dead' news

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
running zombies are much more terrifying.

Willco

Hollywood Square
I've been waiting forever for someone to incorporate both fast and slow zombies, depending on the state of decomposition on each individual corpse. My dream may never be realized, but at least we'll have UBER BUB and another Romero flick, so I can't ask for much more.

Ecrofirt

I'll give you that faster zombies make much more sense with a freshly dead corpse. But it just doesn't work with something that's been rotting away for awhile

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Willco said:
I've been waiting forever for someone to incorporate both fast and slow zombies, depending on the state of decomposition on each individual corpse. My dream may never be realized, but at least we'll have UBER BUB and another Romero flick, so I can't ask for much more.
I believe that is how Romero first conceived of the zombies. Faster at first then as they decompose they lose function. They changed for some reason.

scola said:
I believe that is how Romero first conceived of the zombies. Faster at first then as they decompose they lose function. They changed for some reason.
Where did you hear that? I mean, it didn't work that way in the original Night of the Living Dead, so if it was the plan it was abandoned pretty early on. The "star" zombie in the film did move faster than the others in that or other Romero films; but he was an exception to the rule, little indication of how fresh he was, and still not quite running... a fast shambling, perhaps.

George Romero said:
My zombies do not run.
Mug%20-%20Hallelujah%20Chorus%20Logo-email.jpg

Suerte

I hope it was the one that kept holding a gun, he was funny. Or the nurse zombie who was soooo bad it was funny.

Coin Return

Loose Slot
Ecrofirt said:
Who was the star zombie in Dawn?

There really wasn't one, but some people say its the zombie on the cover of the box (the bald one they encounter while re-fueling). That or the Hare Krishna zombie.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
JoshuaJSlone said:
Where did you hear that? I mean, it didn't work that way in the original Night of the Living Dead, so if it was the plan it was abandoned pretty early on. The "star" zombie in the film did move faster than the others in that or other Romero films; but he was an exception to the rule, little indication of how fresh he was, and still not quite running... a fast shambling, perhaps.
You know what I don't remember exactly, but I have heard it from at least two different friends, so if it isn't true it is at least semi-pervasive rumor ;). In actuality that is how the zombies in 28 days later act (as evidence by the starving zombies at the movies end).

As far as my concept of zombie terror, I definately prefer slow zombies, but as far as "realism" goes are you really going to argue that in movie where dead flesh reanimates and moves autonomously that moving quickly is somehow absurd? ;)

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Ecrofirt said:
They weren't actually zombies in 28 Days Later. They were just infected.
I don't have a problem reffereing to them as zombies (just not undead) similar to RE4. I still think the fear is heavily associated with loss of control over oneself, similar to peoples fear of being in a persistant vegitative state, that things are running around and trying to consume your flesh is just a bonus. But yes they are not zombies in the undead sense.

That said Romero zombies are not really zombies either since originally zombies where animated (or created) dead that a Voodoo Sorceror controlled. They did the sorcerror's bidding (and sometimes where not even dead at all).

But this is all semantics

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
scola said:
But this is all semantics

Yes, but ZOMBIE semantics. Not to be dismissed alongside other mere, sentient semantics.

scola said:
As far as my concept of zombie terror, I definately prefer slow zombies, but as far as "realism" goes are you really going to argue that in movie where dead flesh reanimates and moves autonomously that moving quickly is somehow absurd? ;)
In an established universe of slow zombies, yes. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom