• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paul Reubens dead at 70 of cancer

Krathoon

Benny Hill was another comedian that never married.

Which was weird because his comedy was so hetro to the point of being perverted.

While not as popular as Pee Wee, Ed Grimley was 🔥
giphy.gif

Last edited:

wondermega

While not as popular as Pee Wee, Ed Grimley was 🔥
giphy.gif
Ha! Yeah I remember they tried to make Ed Grimley "a thing" as well for a little while. It felt pretty one-dimensional compared to Pee Wee.. anyway these kind of funky character actors, or whatever you'd call them, seem so outdated compared to what passes for "funky, entertaining weirdos" in the media nowadays. It was a decent (relatively) strong phase in the 80s that just kind of petered out and has been gone from our culture since, for whatever reason. I guess we have plenty of obnoxious/goofy influencers with their own "schtick" forever as well, but feels totally different..

For about a year or two Pee Wee Herman was a big deal to me as a kid. Thought his first movie was hilarious and could do the laugh pretty well. Grew out of it but Paul Reubens (through the good times and bad) still holds a special place in the hearts of 80’s kids!

images

Last edited:

Krathoon

The thing about Pee Wee Herman is that he wins people over. He is put in uncomfortable situations and he wins.

Ed Grimly is more of a misfit.

Last edited:
Top Bottom