• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paul Reubens dead at 70 of cancer

MV5BYzM0YWRmNGUtYjI1NC00MTJmLTlkZmMtOGU0ZDRlOGQzYzZhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTc5MDI5NjE@._V1_.jpg

Agent Reubens: "9:17. Suspect exits domecile."
Agent 2: "I got 9:18."
Reubens: "9:17 is correct."

wondermega

Bummer. I remember my mom telling me that I was going to see something called "Pee Wee's Big Adventure" with her friend's obnoxious kid (so that she and her friend could hang out). It sounded so childish, immature to my 10-year-old self so I immediately contested it, no idea who this Pee Wee was and didn't care to know. Of course within 5 minutes of being plopped into the theater and seeing what the film was about, I knew it was going to be a great time..

I don't think I had any idea about the Playhouse either, that show just suddenly appeared one magical Saturday morning. The guy was a complete freak and it was absolutely incredible, like many I was stunned when he had his notorious fall from grace and it was sad to see that he'd never get back to the same place he was before (he did still manage to have a decently successful career in those pre-cancel times).

RIP Pee Wee Herman we will miss you!

damn thats wild. pretty young too relative to senior age. makes me feel like my parents are living on borrowed time at 75. just takes one incident to bring it all down

Last edited:

Rival

Gold Member
I loved Pee Wee’s Big Adventure when I was a kid. This makes me really sad. Big part of my childhood.

ElRenoRaven

WTF!!!!!!

Both the PeeWee movies and tv show were a part of my childhood. I always hoped that someday we'd see another one. Cancer sucks. RIP Paul.

LQX

I use to watch Pee-Wee's Playhouse every Saturday along with my cartoons. Some real crazy shit. Great times. R.I.P

The Pee Wee movie he did with Netflix was pretty darn good. Especially if you have kids who like the original, it might be fun to watch that sometime soon. If they don't know him already, watch Big Adventure instead. RIP.

Dayum, RIP Pee Wee. I used to occasionally drive by the Sarasota "theater" where he got arrested for jerkin it. It finally got demolished years ago.

Krathoon

They got the Pee Wee's Playhouse collection on eBay, but it is $80.

Tempted to get it, but I would rather have it at half price.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Pee Wees playhouse was a huge part of my childhood on Saturday mornings.

Going to watch my peewees big adventure blu ray tonight as a tribute as this is probably one of my first big childhood nostalgia losses I’ve experienced.

My dude threw that chicken salad sandwich into the next dimension when he went on the picnic in Big Top Pee Wee. We lost a real one, but hopefully whatever is on the other side, it doesn't include suffering.

Today's secret word is: Legend 💜

Krathoon

The complete Pee Wee's Playhouse. $50.

I went ahead and got it because it may be a bitch to get later on. Getting it on Blu-ray is already absurdly expensive.

Pee Wee Enhanced

Last edited:
Top Bottom