• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Metroid Prime Corruption screens (retro am gods)

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
NEED TO SEND MY WII IN FOR REPAIRS!

Got hit with the green dots from hell.

Game looks sweet. But I am still not going to play Echoes. Sorry.

raYne

zsidane said:
I need to quickly finish Echoes...
I still haven't bothered to finish that game, and I've had it since launch. As it stands, it's the only game I've played that I've never finished. Not planning to either.

This however, I will buy.
and probably finish.. maybe.
lol

ivysaur12

Banned
Takuhi said:
Unfortunately we couldn't cram it into the mag, so it's a web exclusive! Lots of quotes from it are in the magazine article, though.

She's one of the Hunters on your team, at least at the beginning. She's basically Mystique from the X-Men, and totally screws with Samus by shapeshifting
into Dark Samus and such
. They have a very catty relationship, it's a pretty fun character. Wish I could remember her name...

The Hunters are way cooler than they were in MP: Hunters!

Oh wow, that's cool. Do you know how many hunters there are?

And I really hope that Samus has one line of dialog at the end.

AniHawk

John Harker said:
Prime 3 > Halo 3 Beta
5xetfzo.gif

Takuhi

ivysaur12 said:
Oh wow, that's cool. Do you know how many hunters there are?

And I really hope that Samus has one line of dialog at the end.

There were a total of 3 other Hunters. They were the characters in that much-mocked teaser shot they released back in May.

I wonder if they'll do something big at the end? It's the last Prime, they gotta leave it with some sort of awesome last surprise.

Saitou

Banned
AniHawk said:
That looks way too similar from the Grand Fisher from Bleach.

I'd like to emphasis what Takuhi said about WiiConnect24. MP3:C has it. Be excited.
I have nothing else to add to this discussion but sperm, so I'll keep quiet.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
One thing I would do in such FPS games is make it look more like the character isn't a one-armed floating head. When you get shot by something powerful she should extend her left arm forward with an opened hand due to shock. Something like that, to make it more immersive. The reflection of the face is quite good, especially if it becomes more or less visible depending on the lighting environment.

RagnarokX

man what great screenshots. High-tech chozo statue ftw.

Anyway, some ideas...

119828-8-2.jpg

Samus is in morphball mode and controlling the mech, I think. We saw her doing something like this in the previous trailers.

119828-10-2.jpg

awesome chozo statue :D

Anyway, people complaining about lack of Phendrana Drifits... we already know MP3C has a snowy planet from the trailers.

Tristam

Ether_Snake said:
One thing I would do in such FPS games is make it look more like the character isn't a one-armed floating head. When you get shot by something powerful she should extend her left arm forward with an opened hand due to shock. Something like that, to make it more immersive. The reflection of the face is quite good, especially if it becomes more or less visible depending on the lighting environment.

Eh...you *do* know that Samus already does throw an open left hand in front of her visor if she takes a powerful hit, don't you? It was definitely in Echoes; can't remember if it was in Prime as well.

And Casey, thanks for the sweet interview dude. I love how they describe the Corruption mode. I was afraid it was just an "activate hyper beam!" sequence and you'd destroy all your enemies in one quick shot.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and these shots look freaking awesome. The Chozo statue looks sweet. And as someone else pointed out, there is a snowy level from one of the trailers.

IJoel

krypt0nian said:
Well god damn. They do make wii games that I want to play.

This looks like sex!

:lol

I had the same reaction.

Please Retro, give us a well presented story, and none of that scanning deal (or at least don't make it the main means of developing a story).

Xeke

Banned
chespace said:
NEED TO SEND MY WII IN FOR REPAIRS!

Got hit with the green dots from hell.

Game looks sweet. But I am still not going to play Echoes. Sorry.

Same just happened to me.

Krowley

This is the first i've heard of wiiconnect-24 support. I can see lots of ways that could benefit metroid. It's a much better addition than multiplay IMO.

Mike Works said:
that looks terrific, i might have to pick this game up. i never beat metroid prime (nor played the sequel), is there any site that summarizes what happens in the two games?

The main story is pretty simplistic. I think GameFAQs might have a FAQ that types out all of the storyline scan logs.

rezuth

RagnarokX said:
man what great screenshots. High-tech chozo statue ftw.

Anyway, some ideas...

http://www.gamepro.com/screens/115681/119828-8-2.jpg[/IMG]
Samus is in morphball mode and controlling the mech, I think. We saw he doing something like this in the previous trailers.

http://www.gamepro.com/screens/115681/119828-10-2.jpg[/IMG]
awesome chozo statue :D

Anyway, people complaining about lack of Phendrana Drifits... we already know MP3C has a snowy planet from the trailers.
The hell?

Relix said:
Official: I gotta beat MP2 Echoes... here I go!
I see there are quite a few of us around.

I finished the 1st game in a breeze. I devoured it, because I could probably say it's my favorite game of all time.

Buit with Echoes, despite liking a lot, I didn't have the same amount of time available. Once I returned to it, found one key to the temple(at least that's how I remember it) and got completely lost after such a long period since the last time I played it. Haven't touched it since.

I must finish it before August 27th.

Tristam

AdmiralViscen said:
The main story is pretty simplistic. I think GameFAQs might have a FAQ that types out all of the storyline scan logs.

Ya know what would be sweet? If, in a nod to Super Metroid, they gave Samus a monologue (no voice please, just keystroke sounds like in Super Metroid) detailing the events of Prime and Echoes to bring the unenlightened up to speed. Oh, and of course it would need the incredible main theme from Super Metroid playing in the background. I'm excited that Yamamoto is going for an epic score.

Just joking around. I respect devs who actually give a shit unlike some others looking for some easy cash. I hope this raises the standard and bankrupts those ****ers coming in with shovelware headfirst.

koam

Wow my anticipation went from null to "can't wait till august" instantly! Prime is probably my favorite game of all time and i loved the sequel. I wasn't feeling it for this one till i saw these screens. I assume by the fantastic art that Andrew Jones is back.

that looks terrific, i might have to pick this game up. i never beat metroid prime (nor played the sequel), is there any site that summarizes what happens in the two games?

Metroid games aren't story heavy. Basically, there was a distress signal on Talon IV, Samus went to investigate and found this mysterious substance called phazon. As she investigated the planet, she eventually found metroids were inhabiting it. She
ended up killing "Metroid Prime" but in the 100% ending, she gets into contact with the phazon and she escapes the planet but in the pool of phazon a hand that looks like hers emerges. In the sequel, if i remember correctly, she went on a mission to see why a bunch of people were missing and came in contact with Dark Samus (which is the creature that was created when she got in contact with the phazon).. blah blah she kills dark samus and escapes the planet once more

Tristam

Thanks for the comparison. We can see that Samus's armor is a lot smoother and more reflective. Plus they aren't forced to hide the vanishing point in copious amounts of fog and rain. I love the expansive environments.

Sharp

Tristam said:
Ya know what would be sweet? If, in a nod to Super Metroid, they gave Samus a monologue (no voice please, just keystroke sounds like in Super Metroid) detailing the events of Prime and Echoes to bring the unenlightened up to speed. Oh, and of course it would need the incredible main theme from Super Metroid playing in the background. I'm excited that Yamamoto is going for an epic score.
Ya know what would be sweet? If, in a nod to Super Metroid, they made the game a 2D platformer with awesome elements of awesome.

But they won't.

I love Berserker Pirate Pic and the pic of her Ship landing.

+ For Berserker Pirate, it gives me hope that the pirates might be a big part of the story again. I loved them in metroid Prime 1 and their research data, developments, experiments etc. It was an awesome plot and made you want to go farther to see what twisted creation they came up with.

+ The ship landing picture shows better lighting than the GCN iterations. It still looks like a GCN game, just with more textures and bloom.

however, I know in motion it will make a difference. And I'm going to love the title. Don't know how much I'll love the beam stacking tho...

RagnarokX

Sharp said:
Ya know what would be sweet? If, in a nod to Super Metroid, they made the game a 2D platformer with awesome elements of awesome.

But they won't.
How about one of the planets she visits is Zebes and she has to fight Kraid?

Sharp

LanceStern said:
I love Berserker Pirate Pic and the pic of her Ship landing.

+ For Berserker Pirate, it gives me hope that the pirates might be a big part of the story again. I loved them in metroid Prime 1 and their research data, developments, experiments etc. It was an awesome plot and made you want to go farther to see what twisted creation they came up with.

+ The ship landing picture shows better lighting than the GCN iterations. It still looks like a GCN game, just with more textures and bloom.

however, I know in motion it will make a difference. And I'm going to love the title. Don't know how much I'll love the beam stacking tho...
It's from Super Metroid and you will love it. Understood?

RagnarokX said:
How about one of the planets she visits is Zebes and she has to fight Kraid?

Please, let it be so. I want Kraid dammit,

Oh, and, as the final boss, I want a Phazon-infected Mother Brain with Metroid Prime possesing it or something. Please Nintendo, make it happen!

1. Some people are very good at avoiding censors... post #172 I'm frowning at you

Grecco said:
Looks Fantastic. When people talk about Great looking Wii games they talk Galaxy but this is just as good.

You know I can respect your opinion, and I guess we should wait for the updated engine to be shown in motion, AND it perhaps is a valid statement behind teh scenes of the Wii what with all the processing, bloom, lighting, textures etc...

But I don't think this game looks anywhere near as good as Mario Galaxy. Nintendo EAD did something special with Galaxy, and no companie so far has been able to replicate the graphical success of Galaxy, it has no resemblance to a Gamecube title or Xbox title for that matter... something you can't say about Metroid Prime 3:

MetroidComparison.jpg

The only title so far to almost match Galaxy graphiX is Dewy's Adventure. Normal mapping, huge enviornments, bloom/spectral lighting, crystal-clear textures and resolution, particles, bump mapping.

Galaxy is beautiful.

I cannot WAIT to see Metroid Prime 3 in motion. I'm getting excited to play this

Tristam

BrandNew said:
Please, let it be so. I want Kraid dammit,

Oh, and, as the final boss, I want a Phazon-infected Mother Brain with Metroid Prime possesing it or something. Please Nintendo, make it happen!

I don't necessarily want that exactly, but a crazy twist would be awesome.

We've already fought Metroid Prime twice, so I want to see a different final boss, or at least some really strange incarnation of Metroid Prime.

If the final boss battle is as epic as Super Metroid's or Metroid Prime's, I'll be satisfied.

EDIT: It also needs to be at least as difficult as Metroid Prime's. Sharp, I think even you can admit that it was too easy to take down Mother Brain in Super Metroid, as incredibly cool (and emotional -- R.I.P. hatchling) as it was (with the Hyper Beam and all).

Top Bottom