• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Mickey Mouse cartoons by Paul Rudish (Dexter's Lab, PowerPuff Girls etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I totally didn't see that the episode is supposed to air today. I'm so used to them airing on Friday and then getting it off iTunes the next day.

Just a headsup there's going to be a HALF HOUR special, Wonders of the Deep, on Thanksgiving next week. Not sure if they'll put that up on their Shorts page.

iTunes has them in 1080p 5.1.

Though I get them and remove the DRM so I can watch them how I want on my HTPC.

Yep, this is what I do, best quality you can get right now.

Anyway, the short was great. I thought I saw Mortie and Ferdie, but then I saw Mouse children so I'm not sure it's supposed to be them? Got some Samurai Jack vibes here, but this has to have the most dialog of the "foreign" shorts so this is the first case where I really wish I knew what they were saying.

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
we back

awesome episode

OMG that ending... had someone come by asking what I was laughing about :-D

gbx52aj.jpg

StoneFox

Just discovered these shorts today, I enjoy them but I'm not really getting behind Mickey's voice actor. I guess I just would have preferred Bret Iwan.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
I'm surprised Disney let's them get away with most of this stuff. Mickey in prison? Donald beating up Mickey? Whodathought?

Oh wow. I had absolutely no idea what to expect but that short was great!

Edit: Erm, the first one. I didn't realize this thread was two years old. I guess they're all out now?

First time tuning into this thread. I caught a few of these episodes on TV.

How could this have so many dislikes? lol

I've seen people say they don't like the new Goofy and that the somewhat edgier "Cartoon Network" humor doesn't seem appropriate for Mickey and Friends. *shrug*

I've seen people say they don't like the new Goofy and that the somewhat edgier "Cartoon Network" humor doesn't seem appropriate for Mickey and Friends. *shrug*

Yeah, I don't really understand that. I love cartoons, I spent hundreds of dollars collecting all the cartoon releases from Disney when they were doing those collections a couple years back and I still find these enjoyable.

Disney has pretty much abandoned making cartoons with classic characters so getting upset about everything new is silly and I feel these are much better quality and much more thought out than the recent attempts Warner Bros. has done with Looney Tunes. The Looney Tunes show or whatever recently I still don't like but at least Wabbit is bearable but this still feels much better than both of them.

I think people have to realize that new cartoons will never be the same as the originals and in a way I don't want them to be. I want to use the spirit of the character which I think this series does but they will never be the same thought process. Especially if you actually watch them a lot, they're very different feels between writers so to claim this isn't like the old ones are pretty disingenuous since it wasn't a single writer/animator working on them. Looney Tunes especially you can get a distinct feel of which writer made which cartoons.

I really hope Disney is more supportive of things like this going forward or even showing their old cartoons. I mean there's only like 30 disney/disney xtreme/disney family, etc. to perpetuate their cartoons to a new generation and instead there's just nothing...

TimmiT

Looney Tunes Show was just kinda hit or miss, it had its moments. I don't really remember season 2 being better in general, though I do remember being disappointed that the art wasn't as good as in season 1.

Man what i wouldn't give for a blu ray release (or at least DVD) in EU of these.

Does the quality of the newer ones hold up?

Anyone else think that the ones in the first season where there is NO talking at all are the best ones? (Pandamonium etc)

First introduced to this series while traveling to Walt Disney World last November on the Disney bus ride from the airport. Immediately fell in love with the art style, had no idea it was by the same guy who made Dexter's Lab.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom