• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Mortal Kombat X details: No Babalities, dynamic weather in stages, roster 24+?

Boon said in an interview that the final boss would be an "unexpected" returning character, so I'm hoping it will be Evil Liu Kang.

Dr. Buni

Character count shouldn't matter when so many characters will have 3 different play styles..
Play style isn't the only thing that matters in a character. Even with 3 different play styles, 24 characters still are only 24 characters.

That said, the number doesn't bother me, specially since I always have trouble picking a main.

TreIII

Boon said in an interview that the final boss would be an "unexpected" returning character, so I'm hoping it will be Evil Liu Kang.

Same here. Especially in light of Liu Kang's Ladder ending, it just seemed like they were hinting something like that.

NRS loves making established "golden boys" go bad. Zombie Liu Kang in the "original TL", Superman in Injustice (yeah, it was an alternate TL there, but still)...

I wonder if we will get any information about the music composer for this game. MK hasn't had any real strong memorable tracks in a while. What does martial arts horror sound like?

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
24 characters huh? Well apparently Kiefer Sutherland is doing some voice work for the game, so could this mean...
24-kiefer-sutherland-jack-bauer-through-the-years-day-4-5-6-7-12.jpg

stn

Unlockable characters are great if done right. That means making it easy to unlock them. Although, I'd rather prefer playing through the story mode to unlock skins and character accessories.

all that matters is how great the fighting mechanics are

Street Fighter has never lost that fight once in its main entries. Doubt it's going to lose now.

But we can have our preferences without detracting from Mortal Kombat X, which has always been a series that has a huge appeal partially in its very visual displays of gore. It seems MKX is going to be a very fun game for those who like its brand of fighting.

You be surprised at how technical and skillful MK can be, i even say MK9 would be up there with best if didn't have some a faults it has holding it back but every game is in the right direction

RM8

I'm hyped :3 New MK, new SF, new SSB and even new Tekken in a relatively short period of time (well, who knows with Tekken).

Kakulin

Banned
Glad to hear King of the Hill is making a return. Had a blast playing that mode online in Mortal Kombat 9. I hope they give us dedicated servers!

Flowmoney

Rain should be in , he is water user that creates water pulses , uses lightning strikes and has kicks that makes anyone proud.

His story origins could always be reason for him to become a threat of his own but doesn't seem like it will happen.

Same here. Especially in light of Liu Kang's Ladder ending, it just seemed like they were hinting something like that.

NRS loves making established "golden boys" go bad. Zombie Liu Kang in the "original TL", Superman in Injustice (yeah, it was an alternate TL there, but still)...

I agree, even if not as final boss I seriously hope we see the Liu Kang his MK9 ladder ending showed. After all he went through and how done he must be with Raiden, he'd be more of an extremist Earthrealm protector than an evil one...kinda like Injustice Superman...well, ok, could be sorta evil yeah.

Speaking of characters with a ladder ending that seemed to be going somewhere, Smoke better be coming back damn it.

Oh, and all non-Freddy dlc characters should be in too, specially Skarlet.

I agree, even if not as final boss I seriously hope we see the Liu Kang his MK9 ladder ending showed. After all he went through and how done he must be with Raiden, he'd be more of an extremist Earthrealm protector than an evil one...kinda like Injustice Superman...well, ok, could be sorta evil yeah.

Speaking of characters with a ladder ending that seemed to be going somewhere, Smoke better be coming back damn it.

Oh, and all non-Freddy dlc characters should be in too, specially Skarlet.

Im pretty sure Skarlet be in, why create a brand new char and then just forget about her (the Armageddon days dont count)

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Can we turn the enviro hazards off? I never played Injustice so I don't know. Also, for the love of god Boon give us better leaderboards for online. General Ranking and Tag Ranking only was pitiful in MK9.

Can we turn the enviro hazards off? I never played Injustice so I don't know. Also, for the love of god Boon give us better leaderboards for online. General Ranking and Tag Ranking only was pitiful in MK9.

Yeah you could but they where a big part in the gameplay as some chars style emphasized on the environment.

In MKX they are more stable, blockable and more used for evasive rather offensive, so i wouldn't worry about it and im sure there be an option if your still not happy

i agree with you, wish MK just jack SF/Tekkens Ranking system so much better and feels more rewarding

Khezu

I wonder if we will get any information about the music composer for this game. MK hasn't had any real strong memorable tracks in a while. What does martial arts horror sound like?

I assume it's still Dan fordan.

They put two tracks up on their official tumblr thing.
It's NRS though, so who knows if they are actually in the game, or just random songs that come from a CD you get in a happy meal.

https://soundcloud.com/dee-p-productions/arctic-hero
https://soundcloud.com/dee-p-productions/thunder-god

Still sounds like generic ambient music like MK9 and Injustice.

Derp, I forgot all about the E3 reveal, my bad. That was the trailer with a new character where it's a smaller guy riding a giant/monster thing? It looked pretty good, if I recall, but clearly didn't make that big of an impression :).

My original point, though, is that SF was regarded as the superior fighting franchise for years, but perhaps perceptions are changing with SFIV-V and MK9/10. At least for me, I thought MK9 was one of the best fighting games I'd played in years and there were a lot of mixed reactions to SFV last week.

Well, I'm pretty sure the hardcore fighting community still thinks SF is the best series, but it's all down to opinions. I've always been much more of a MK fan than a SF fan, and I enjoyed MK9 much more than SF4, but I don't think it's possible to tell which franchise has "won" without going into subjective ground.

Also, I'm not sure how valid reactions can be about a game announced 2 days ago, so let's just wait until we see more of SFV.

ItIsOkBro

I just need Noob Saibot. And I'm not talking about reverting back to Sub-Zero because of that Soulnado stuff. I want my shadow ninja!

drigosr

I wonder what's left for Shujinko and Taven. They were both main characters of a special arc in MK storyline and now they just dissapeared. I hope there's still room for them in the games.

B

bomb

Unconfirmed Member
Boon keeps hinting at Sweettooth being a character.

Skab

Derp, I forgot all about the E3 reveal, my bad. That was the trailer with a new character where it's a smaller guy riding a giant/monster thing? It looked pretty good, if I recall, but clearly didn't make that big of an impression :).

My original point, though, is that SF was regarded as the superior fighting franchise for years, but perhaps perceptions are changing with SFIV-V and MK9/10. At least for me, I thought MK9 was one of the best fighting games I'd played in years and there were a lot of mixed reactions to SFV last week.

The mixed reactions to SFV were largely to the exclusivity news. There hasn't really been any negative reaction to the gameplay we have seen. (In fact I would say it's been quite positive, and a lot of general intrigue to what the new mechanic is going to be.) They're giving a full gameplay demo this Saturday at Capcom Cup, so that will be where the real genuine reactions will start to come from.

I assume it's still Dan fordan.

They put two tracks up on their official tumblr thing.
It's NRS though, so who knows if they are actually in the game, or just random songs that come from a CD you get in a happy meal.

https://soundcloud.com/dee-p-productions/arctic-hero
https://soundcloud.com/dee-p-productions/thunder-god

Still sounds like generic ambient music like MK9 and Injustice.

Does anyone know if this is official? Title screen OST https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8KSg5Y2Ryk

I wonder who's more of a troll him or Ono lol
lol must be something about being head of a long time sussecful Fighting game taht does it to them i heard Harada(or however your spell it) is also a troll

They better fix the damn netcode. Also, give me player vs CPU mode, please!

I say so, there was Player vs CPU mode in Injustice so i say its a given.

and still not good yet, Injustice netcode was miles better than MK9s there going in the right direction

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Huge troll for teasing new Shaolin Monks twice.

Also, denying the existence of the PC version of MK9 before it actually happened. Harada and the folks at ArcSys are the last honest people in fighting games. /kappa

Top Bottom