• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo 3DS AUS/NZ Launch |OT| Featuring Thieving European Importers

Taigerr

I thought we'd be waking up to shipping confirmations this morning as Hong Kong is 8hrs ahead.... What's going on I wonder?

Lutherian

Is there anyone on this thread who received the AUS N3DS ? If yes :

- Transfert 3DS > N3DS ok ?
- EUR eShop access granted ?

Taigerr

They were expecting delivery today, so hopefully it's just a question of how past they can pack them and post them.

Just as well I have a second unit pre-ordered with 365 however I am not certain if I made the first batch....

Is it true nintendo is only doing one roll out this year with the next being in January? I saw a post about it somewhere but can't remember where. If true I wonder what firmware we can expect on next batch.....

XaosWolf

Sillverrr

Getting worried about my Play-Asia pre-order. Had one of those e-mails saying it would be shipped today (provided stock arrives), but now it says 1-2 weeks next to my order ;/

Need it to come because I have to trade in my old one before the price plummets!

Atouba

Getting worried about my Play-Asia pre-order. Had one of those e-mails saying it would be shipped today (provided stock arrives), but now it says 1-2 weeks next to my order ;/

Need it to come because I have to trade in my old one before the price plummets!

Don't worry. The 1-2 weeks is there since the mail - at least in my account.

XaosWolf

Don't worry. The 1-2 weeks is there since the mail - at least in my account.

Where is this date you're referring to?

Atouba

On my order page:
lDhTlk8.jpg

The little "1-2w"

XaosWolf

Ah. Yes, mine says that too. =/

Will be very annoyed if that is the case considering the wording of the "Important Update" email.

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
The "1-2w" on the order page is the same as the product page, sometimes it says "pend" on the order page and the product page.

As I got the email too on friday I hope it will still be dispatched from HK today, or maybe tomorrow, to get it in time for ORAS :)

There was also a date of stock arrival on the product page (24th), but it was removed yesterday, maybe because there was to many orders once they wrote the date ?

Rich!

DHL are starting to piss me off.

Still in Southampton. Still no update. I'm 40 minutes away from there for fucksake.

Hasney

Dammit, Nintendo really screwed up the naming on this. Searching through eBay is a nightmare.

Is it a NEW 3DS XL, or is it just new in condition? WHO KNOWS?!

Taigerr

Have you been invoiced for customs yet? My non-XL is at the sorting office at Heathrow and I haven't received anything about customs fees so far.

Wait, you can actually drive there and pick up your parcel?

Yep, I usually get onto customer services the minute I get a tracking ref and tell em I'll come and collect from my local depot. Long story but I had several issues with DHL in the past which made me decide its better to collect.

Rich!

Yep, I usually get onto customer services the minute I get a tracking ref and tell em I'll come and collect from my local depot. Long story but I had several issues with DHL in the past which made me decide its better to collect.

Hm. I could do that, but driving 40 minutes would be a pain.

Its not at a local depot either, its at the sorting facility in Southampton.

What I think the issue is, is that they have my delivery down as estimated for tomorrow. Maybe they're sticking to that for some bizarre reason.

Taigerr

Darn..... Unles I have only just noticed it now, but Play-Asia has just updated its site and stock is only expected on 25th now which is sometime between Midnight and 8am GMT....

I contacted 365 and they are still waiting for stock with "no idea" when it will arrive.......

Time to buckle in till probably the weekend. Man I was expecting to wait for it to come but had anticipated a shipping confirm by now at least......

Hasney

Darn..... Unles I have only just noticed it now, but Play-Asia has just updated its site and stock is only expected on 25th now which is sometime between Midnight and 8am GMT....

I contacted 365 and they are still waiting for stock with "no idea" when it will arrive.......

Time to buckle in till probably the weekend. Man I was expecting to wait for it to come but had anticipated a shipping confirm by now at least......

Yeah, it said 1-2 weeks yesterday, Pending with stock coming 25th today for Play Asia.

Hoping 365 get new stock in around the same time, or it's Play Asia for me.

Ban Puncher

Went into a K-Mart this evening with the intent of price-matching the wooden cover plate to Big W. Walk up to the game section counter and ask if they have it in stock.

"We don't sell any Nintendo stuff."

This said whilst there are a bunch of New 3DS and Wii U consoles behind the clerk in a glass case.

With that kind of customer service I bet you don't sell any Nintendo products, dickhead.

Rich!

Well, I set up a livechat with DHL:

[Emily ] Hello, you are talking to Emily at DHL Express UK
[Rich] Hi, my parcel has been at Southampton and has not had any movement for a few days. Is there any idea of when it will be delivered, and when I can expect to see it shipped to my local depot at ******?
[Emily ] Can I please take your 10 digit tracking number and I can check that for you?
[Rich] Waybill: LOLOLOLOLOLNUMBERLOL
[Emily ] this parcel is scheduled for delivery 25/11/14 all shipments that arrived into the depot that have duty and VAT on them (even if they have been paid) are automatically held for 24 hours requested by customs
[Rich] Right, so does that mean I will get it tomorrow? Or 24 hours after that?
[Emily ] it arrived into the depot today and it is currently being held, this will be delivered tomorrow

So yeah, that explains it. And yeah, the 24 hour holding thing is a real thing in the UK with anything that's been checked by customs - it happened to my XRGB Mini too, and I forgot about that. Ah well! Tomorrow it is.

Yagharek

Went into a K-Mart this evening with the intent of price-matching the wooden cover plate to Big W. Walk up to the game section counter and ask if they have it in stock.

"We don't sell any Nintendo stuff."

This said whilst there are a bunch of New 3DS and Wii U consoles behind the clerk in a glass case.

With that kind of customer service I bet you don't sell any Nintendo products, dickhead.

I hope you didn't live up to your username.

Skele7on

Banned
Yeah, it said 1-2 weeks yesterday, Pending with stock coming 25th today for Play Asia.

Hoping 365 get new stock in around the same time, or it's Play Asia for me.

just checked play asia and now it's changed to 1-2 weeks.

Damn it, I don't want to wait that long, I have pokemon to play!

I really want the faceplate from play-asia too but I cannot justify the shipping expenses on just a screen plate...

Hasney

just checked play asia and now it's changed to 1-2 weeks.

Damn it, I don't want to wait that long, I have pokemon to play!

I really want the faceplate from play-asia too but I cannot justify the shipping expenses on just a screen plate...

Do you mean your actual order, or the site? Site for me still says pending stock on 25th.

Hasney

once I go into my order it says 1-2 weeks, hoping it's just a bug.

As it also says 25th, we'll see here's hoping it'll all be fine!

Ah, got it. The 25th is when they're likely to get it in stock, so it'll be sent out at whatever shipping speed from there.

Then hopefully that batch lasts long enough for me to get paid on Wednesday!

Rich!

just got a call from DHL - mightyape didn't put my address' company name on the parcel. It has the number and road and postcode, but not the name of the business (it's being delivered to a cafe my parents own). Apparently now it's being added to the parcel and will still be delivered tomorrow

ffs why can't this shit be simple, goddamnit

kubus

Those who want the Boo plate might want to hurry up with ordering them. Amazon Japan has been sold out for days with no indication when they're getting them back in stock. After people found out they're glow in the dark their popularity seems to have skyrocketed.

I'm waiting for amazon to restock the Boo plate so I can order all the other things on my wishlist in one go but I might just have to order it from nippon-yasan instead. Really don't want to miss out on this one...

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Those who want the Boo plate might want to hurry up with ordering them. Amazon Japan has been sold out for days with no indication when they're getting them back in stock. After people found out they're glow in the dark their popularity seems to have skyrocketed.

I'm waiting for amazon to restock the Boo plate so I can order all the other things on my wishlist in one go but I might just have to order it from nippon-yasan instead. Really don't want to miss out on this one...

Wow. Didn't realise it glowed in the dark. That's awesome.

Top Bottom