• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo Selects Announced for US for release on March 11 (3DS/Wii/Wii U)

hwy_61

Banned
3D World, Tropical Freeze, Pikmin 3 and Galaxy 2 are must-haves. Especially the last three. Get them now.

Seriously. Get them now. Now.

EDIT: Ok, they release on March 11, so you can wait until then. But not a second longer.

Tropical freeze is a real treat. Checked it out at my library, and I'm having a lot of fun with it. This price drop is awesome.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
3D World costs less than 3D Land now. That's... pretty weird.

Lowering 3D Land's MSRP from $30 to $20 seems like it would have been the better move than cutting 3D World wayyy down from $60. 3D World could have had some good life in it as a $30 "budget-but-not-select" title for a while before cutting to $20. Maybe replace its spot in this lineup with Wind Waker HD.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
The only Wii U game i will get there is Pikmin 3. Already have 3D world and no interest in Nes remix

Hope Lego City Undercover and New Super Mario Bros Wii U will be part of the select line in the future.

trixx

Y'all better buy pikmin 3. To this day I think Pikmin 3 is my favourite single player experience on the Wii U. Love that game and the franchise

Griss

Pikmin 3 and DKC: TF are two of the games of the gen.

And Mario 3D World is really, you know... good. It's okay, like. It's decent.

FaintDeftone

I had to sell my 3DS awhile back and I just bought a new one. Almost re-purchased Ocarina of Time 3D. Looks like I'll just wait until March 11th.

The only game I don't have is 3D World :/

You should be tried in a court of law for crimes against humanity.

Joking, of course. But seriously though... get the game!

I guess I could be salty that I paid $42 for the digital version of Pikmin 3, seeing as it was seemingly never going down in price and physical copies were nowhere to be found. But I'm not salty... Actually, I'm gonna double down and get a physical copy of the Selects version.

maxcriden

The real news is that Pikmin 3 got reprinted. I bought it a few months ago for 30$ in the expectation that it wouldn't get reprinted, and now I get burned, lol. Still haven't played it. And great prices for DKCTF and SM3DW.

You still paid a low price for excellence, so you can take comfort in that. :)

Pikmin 3 and DKC: TF are two of the games of the gen.

Wat. -__- Ok, I'm listening....

Griss, please.

Edit: OK, you're one of my favorite posters, and knowing where you're coming from with this game, I respect your opinion... But don't agree with it :-/

What is this...Super Mario 3D World and Pikmin 3, both dropped in price a few months before June...a few months before E3...
What have the Mario team been doing since 3D World launched late 2013????
And what has happened to Pikmin 4 that Miyamoto said was virtually done????

The Moon and the planets align...I can see something in the light....

MARIO 64-2!!!!! AND PIKMIN 4 FOR NX LAUNCH IN JUNE 2016!!!!!!!

Hahaha! joking of course but completely plausible.

Vitacat

Holy crap. Wow.

On one hand, great to see some excellent games get reprints so more people can buy them at low prices. On the other hand, damn it I still have an unopened Pikmin 3 bought at full price that I have yet to play.

Also, IMO those boxes look nice enough.

Will this be a turning of the corner for Nintendo in terms of games becoming rare so fast and ending up on ebay for stupid prices?

clem84

Gold Member
So we can finally get Tropical freeze and Pikmin 3 for a decent price? Great. Getting those two.

T-Matt

Definitely picking up 3d world and tropical freeze. Already got pikmin free with Mario kart 8.(That was a sweet promotion)

KingWool

Banned
Nintendo must be really hating have to lower their prices on these games. Glad they're doing t, but they really need to start being more price aggressive.

Vinland

Banned
I've been waiting quite the while to finally have a physical copy of galaxy 2 at a reasonable price. This is great news.

maxcriden

Holy crap. Wow.

On one hand, great to see some excellent games get reprints so more people can buy them at low prices. On the other hand, damn it I still have an unopened Pikmin 3 bought at full price that I have yet to play.

Also, IMO those boxes look nice enough.

Will this be a turning of the corner for Nintendo in terms of games becoming rare so fast and ending up on ebay for stupid prices?

Probably not, no. There's still 2 years or so from release to the latest game on the list (and up to nearly 5 years for the oldest game), and many collectors will prefer the original label.

P.S. Vinland I would have sold you my copy of SMG2 ages ago. ;) Anyone need a copy of SMG1? I'm happy to get a digital copy instead.

Neoxon

Trev's source strikes again!

Anyway, all of you who didn't get Pikmin 3 & Tropical Freese before better do so now.

Vandole

Is Mario Party: Island Tour worth looking into?

It depends. Did you like previous Mario Party games? If so you won't lime this. If you didn't like previous Mario Party games you still won't like it. However if you're currently stuck on a deserted island and have nothing else to play you might want to look in on it.

Top Bottom