• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo Selects Announced for US for release on March 11 (3DS/Wii/Wii U)

ngower

Will finally get 3D World and OoT (for the first time ever!) because of these deals. But first I gotta slay this backlog.

Gruco

Banned
Really excited about Ocarina of Time 3D. Been waiting for a chance to get that at less than full price. Any chance these will be accompanied by eshop price drops?

Ridley327

Really excited about Ocarina of Time 3D. Been waiting for a chance to get that at less than full price. Any chance these will be accompanied by eshop price drops?

Nintendo has always adjusted the MSRP on the eShop when they themselves set the price.

I am curious to see what's going to happen with NES Remix, though; that doesn't have an actual eShop release since it's two eShop games in one, so I don't know if they'll drop the price of those two to match the retail bundle, or they're going to leave them be to give the retail version an extra incentive.

I'm going to pick up Yoshi's New Island, since I never got around to playing it when it came out. I'll also recommend Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze for anyone who hasn't played it yet. Literally the best platformer I have played in years, and the soundtrack was phenomenal.
Will finally get 3D World and OoT (for the first time ever!) because of these deals. But first I gotta slay this backlog.

I wish I could go back to the first time I played OoT. You are in for such a treat!

ngower

I wish I could go back to the first time I played OoT. You are in for such a treat!

I just picked up Majora's Mask 3D yesterday as it was dirt cheap at Best Buy. Haven't opened it yet (wanna devote my gaming time solely to Fire Emblem until I beat it) but looking forward to moving on to that once I find the time.

Vandole

I'm probably going to grab All-Stars. It may not be the true version of all the games, but I wouldn't mind having the full collection on disc again.

bman94

Glad to finally get U.S. confirmation. I'm going balls deep for Super Mario 3D World, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Pikmin 3, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D and maybe Super Mario All-Stars. At this rate I'll be playing my Wii U well into 2017 and maybe even 2018 depending on how I handle my backlog.

Drago

Wasn't City Folk already released as a Nintendo Selects title?

Only game here that I don't already have is Mario Party 3DS and I have no interest in getting that lol. Really happy that Pikmin 3 is seeing a cheap reprint for those who wanted to play it though, Donkey Kong too.

Getting 3D World and Tropical Freeze.

Where's my Pikmin 2 Wii version reprint Nintendo? Still kicking myself over not getting it while it was $20.

Wondering what the second wave will bring.

Damn, I just re-bought Tropical Freeze too for 35. Well at least if I re-buy 3D World it'll be cheaper. And OoT's definitely getting picked up now.

Ridley327

Wasn't City Folk already released as a Nintendo Selects title?

Only game here that I don't already have is Mario Party 3DS and I have no interest in getting that lol. Really happy that Pikmin 3 is seeing a cheap reprint for those who wanted to play it though, Donkey Kong too.

Yep. This is essentially a reprint with updated box art to reflect the closure of NWC. Not sure how much value the game has without its online features, but I figure that the 3DS game is still selling quite well at $30 for that not to be the AC representative in this initial wave.

RopeSnake

Banned
Getting 3D World and Tropical Freeze.

Where's my Pikmin 2 Wii version reprint Nintendo? Still kicking myself over not getting it while it was $20.

Wondering what the second wave will bring.

They will most likely put the Wii versions of Pikmin 1 and 2 on eShop to build hype for Pikmin 4.

shandy706

Time to buy Pikmin 3!

12803236_980405015377285_6573631837370193203_n.jpg

What thread was it recently that had Zelda: A Link Between Worlds listed as a Nintendo Select? Was that for NoE or something?

That thread also said all the games were going to be $30, so this is a nice surprise for me! Definitely going to get 3D World (rebuying it actually, I sold it, but regretted it since I never got around to beating all the harder levels).

I wish I liked the Donkey Kong Country Returns games more, I tried out the first one on the 3DS years ago and it just didn't click for me for some reason

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
What thread was it recently that had Zelda: A Link Between Worlds listed as a Nintendo Select? Was that for NoE or something?

That thread also said all the games were going to be $30, so this is a nice surprise for me! Definitely going to get 3D World (rebuying it actually, I sold it, but regretted it since I never got around to beating all the harder levels).

I wish I liked the Donkey Kong Country Returns games more, I tried out the first one on the 3DS years ago and it just didn't click for me for some reason

That listing was for the Canadian release, so they're indeed $30 there.

Top Bottom