• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New No More Heroes interview of spoilers and win. Classic Con is in, Motion + out.

Urban Scholar said:
I think he was sharing his thoughts on making an epic wrestler game. He said the movie had a great scenario that he would like to approach for a game idea. I....think

For the past 8 or so months I have been thinking about an idea for a game loosely based off the movie The Wrestler. The game would be like NMH/God Hand kind of action game where the main theme is wrestling.

- Graphics and style would be Cel Shaded / quirky.

- Theme would be Old wrestler wants to return to the ring in the No 1 promotion. (think hulk Hogan wanted to come back full time and be no 1)

- Different fighting styles based of the wrestlers previous gimmicks on his career ex Lucha Libre, Hardcore, Heel and Face Gimmicks. Would also change his appearance.

- Bosses would be Old rivals, Crazy super fans, New wrestlers in the top spot, Old Tag Team partners, backstage story writers and the final boss would be a crazy Vince McMahan CEO that would end in a epic battle.

- Some fights would take place in cages, handicap boss fights, Japanese death match bosses etc. While you fight tons of cannon fodder between bosses.

I hope Suda steals this idea

Banned
I always thought just a simple "follow the career of a wrestler' game would be amazing. You start as a jobber, working at small gyms and highschools, and you move up the ranks until you become a superstar.

Basically Greydog's Wrestling Spirit but you replace the text-based gameplay with a wrestling engine.

I also liked the idea of running a wrestling promotion. a game called Wrestle Angels(I think) had you do that. you could recruit wrestlers at try-outs and steal wrestlers from other promotions. I liked that aspect of the game but there was no wrestling gameplay in the game, they had a crappy card game that determined match out comes instead.

Newest article is up.
It's a contest to win stuff like:

495.jpg

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
AceBandage said:
When the gatekeeper to hell asks who sent you, tell them is was Shinobu Jacobs!

The whole 'gatekeeper' and severed head thing brings back Killer7 vibes.

Nicktals

Banned
Holy shit at all the new videos...Most wanted game by far.

Shinobu looks great, and like it'll be a ton of fun to play as her. Do we know the name of the boss she was fighting?

The 2D minigames look awesome!. I was a fan of the ones in the first game, but only played them a couple of times each playthrough...These will probably get some playtime, even if they don't wield much money.

Jaded Alyx said:
Personally, I thought this was obvious. I found it bizarre and mildly amusing that people thought different.

Well Suda always mentioned how much he wanted No More Heroes on the 360 (hell, it was originally going to be on the 360).

He even said during an interview that he originally wanted No More Heroes 2 on the 360 but passed that thought due to the games control scheme (but most of us know that the real reason was due to the fact that the game was such a smash hit on the Wii that it would be mad to put it's sequel anywhere else as it's Grasshoppers first "hit" series).

Flying_Phoenix said:
Well Suda always mentioned how much he wanted No More Heroes on the 360 (hell, it was originally going to be on the 360).

He even said during an interview that he originally wanted No More Heroes 2 on the 360 but passed that thought due to the games control scheme (but most of us know that the real reason was due to the fact that the game was such a smash hit on the Wii that it would be mad to put it's sequel anywhere else as it's Grasshoppers first "hit" series).

Show me quotes to back up any of that...

Cosmonaut X said:
Show me quotes to back up any of that...

I'm not sure why any of this seems so farfetched to you as this is pretty well known.

"Grasshopper founder Suda51 has told MCV that he first planned for Rising Star’s No More Heroes to be an Xbox 360 title."

As for the NMH2 on the 360 he said that he wanted it to be on the 360, softly though, on IGN's first video preview or what not. He mentioned it again, but that turned out to be a mistranslation as they translator simply said "HD Console" but Suda was referring to the Wii HD.

ArjanN

Jaded Alyx said:
Personally, I thought this was obvious. I found it bizarre and mildly amusing that people thought different.

Meh, I'm not seeing a Wii2 in the next 3 years.

I'd rather he'd make it a multiplatform PS3/360/PC franchise.

TunaLover

Flying_Phoenix said:
I'm not sure why any of this seems so farfetched to you as this is pretty well known.

"Grasshopper founder Suda51 has told MCV that he first planned for Rising Star’s No More Heroes to be an Xbox 360 title."

As for the NMH2 on the 360 he said that he wanted it to be on the 360, softly though, on IGN's first video preview or what not. He mentioned it again, but that turned out to be a mistranslation as they translator simply said "HD Console" but Suda was referring to the Wii HD.

Doesn't Suda himself tried to convince MMV that the Wiimote makes perfect sense for the game, thereof the game swtich platform?

And your second point is an already covered mistralation.

You probe nothing?

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
The Shinobu trailer was really cool, she looked a little quicker and more acrobatic than Travis. I want to see more to see if she actually plays different. But... what the hell is that energy meter in place of Travis's battery supposed to be? And how does she recharge it?

Also, I want to shoot Sonic Swords.

kruskev

TunaLover said:
Doesn't Suda himself tried to convince MMV that the Wiimote makes perfect sense for the game, thereof the game swtich platform?

You probe nothing?

no, the president of MMV, wada something convinced suda to switch to the wii after seeing the wiimote.

Dascu

Nicktals said:
Shinobu looks great, and like it'll be a ton of fun to play as her. Do we know the name of the boss she was fighting?
She fights
2 bosses: New Destroyman, who you can see in the clip and someone else called Million Gunman. I suppose this might be that decapitated head.

ArjanN said:
Meh, I'm not seeing a Wii2 in the next 3 years.

I'd rather he'd make it a multiplatform PS3/360/PC franchise
Edit: Just get online and I'll kick your ass. :eek:

Vinnk

Will buy the Japanese and American versions. Both Day 1.

I wanted it when it was first announced (I was there at TGS). I was trying to do a media blackout but I couldn't resist. And though I thought it wasn't possible. I want it even more now.

TunaLover said:

You probe nothing?

What?

I stated that the game originally started on the 360 in which I gave a source and quote to in which Suda stated. Suda wanted the game to be on the 360 but Wada-whatever the fuck heard something about Nintendo's new console and was fascinated about the controller. Suda wasn't really fond of making the jump initially but after some hands on time with the controller he eventually changed his tone.

I also stated that he makes a silent comment of him wanting NMH2 to be on the 360 in a video interview. And I sourced that he him saying that he wanted the next one to be on an HD console to be a translation error so that wouldn't be confused with my second statement.

I don't understand how that's me "probing" nothing.

Linkup

I hate gamevideos, gamespot, ign, and every other bad flash player on the web.

of what I saw it was awesomeness

G.O.O.

Galactic Fork said:
But... what the hell is that energy meter in place of Travis's battery supposed to be? And how does she recharge it?

Also, I want to shoot Sonic Swords.
Hey, this could be your answer.

TunaLover

Flying_Phoenix said:
What?

I stated that the game originally started on the 360 in which I gave a source and quote to in which Suda stated. Suda wanted the game to be on the 360 but Wada-whatever the fuck heard something about Nintendo's new console and was fascinated about the controller. Suda wasn't really fond of making the jump initially but after some hands on time with the controller he eventually changed his tone.

I also stated that he makes a silent comment of him wanting NMH2 to be on the 360 in a video interview. And I sourced that he him saying that he wanted the next one to be on an HD console to be a translation error so that wouldn't be confused with my second statement.

I don't understand how that's me "probing" nothing.

From your link

“Originally, I’d wanted to make this game for Xbox 360, actually. [Marvelous Interactive boss] Wada-san had information about the new Wii and how the new controller would work before it came out, so that’s why he thought I should produce the game on that format.

“At the time, I didn’t really understand why, but after seeing and understanding how it works, I think it was a good choice and the controller works really well with the game.”

I really don't see any indication about ''how much'' he wanted the game for 360, it seems more probable it just was a plataform on the table, in early planning stage. Even he wanted the game ''so much'' on 360 he later though that Wiimote was a good choice.

For the silent comment, I can't speak, but I doubt it's anything more just a silent comment without any real intentions, again there's no indication he wish jump platform, he express it claerly in the last 1up interview.

TunaLover said:
From your link

I really don't see any indication about ''how much'' he wanted the game for 360, it seems more probable it just was a plataform on the table, in early planning stage. Even he wanted the game ''so much'' on 360 he later though that Wiimote was a good choice.

For the silent comment, I can't speak, but I doubt it's anything more just a silent comment without any real intentions, again there's no indication he wish jump platform, he express it claerly in the last 1up interview.

You're looking at the wording "he wanted" in the wrong light. I said that he originally wanted the game to be on the 360 until Wada suggested the Wii controller and he had some hands on time with it. Not "He wanted the game on the 360 really bad but due to business decisions he put it on the Wii even though he, in his heart, disagreed with it."

Ramenman

Flying_Phoenix said:
What?

I think you mean PS2. In how I recall the story (not that it would be better than you) it was on PS2 that Suda was supposed to make NMH, mostly by default.

Then the story is as you describe it, the Grasshoper guy showed him the marketing vid from the wiimote that had just be unveiled, and that's because of the controller than the project landed on wii.

Edit : nvm, there's a link saying 360 above me.

TunaLover

Flying_Phoenix said:
You're looking at the wording "he wanted" in the wrong light. I said that he originally wanted the game to be on the 360 until Wada suggested the Wii controller and he had some hands on time with it. Not "He wanted the game on the 360 really bad but due to business decisions he put it on the Wii even though he, in his heart, disagreed with it."

me? really?

Flying_Phoenix said:

Top Bottom