• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nvidia RTX 4000 Adola Lovelace Cards Announced | RTX 4090 (1599$) October 12th | RTX 4080 (1199$)

Poppyseed

If this one's anything to go by(I'm using it ATM) then it's not noisy at all.

gigabyte-aorus-geforce-rtx-3090-ti-xtreme.jpg
So subjective. The trickling or pump sound would likely do my head in.

FingerBang

Jesus Christ, the thing is a beast in rasterization, but if you go full RT + DLSS 3, I don’t think AMD can reasonably offer an alternative..
Here's the reason why Nvidia has priced their cards this high. They don't think AMD can compete with DLSS3. Even the 4080 12GB will probably be able to outperform any AMD card with DLSS3.0 enabled. It all comes down to how good the tech is and how easy will be to implement.

They can still win on the low end and rasterization.

Fredrik

I can’t do this, great performance but the 4090 is literally as much money as my whole computer.
Hoping to see the smaller 4080 perform well now. Or the new AMD cards.

hlm666

Nvidia know what they are doing. I thought they were being shady with their graphs only showing the DLSS performance but they weren't really.

I think the 4080's will surprise.
Agree everything is better than expected, they bought their A game here. I too was expecting their graphs to be outliers and overall performance to be questionable but this is impressive. cpu limited at 1440p in numerous things amuses me.

Reactions: GHG

GHG

Agree everything is better than expected, they bought their A game here. I too was expecting their graphs to be outliers and overall performance to be questionable but this is impressive. cpu limited at 1440p in numerous things amuses me.

This has got me thinking about swapping my 3900x out for a 5800x3D but I think I'll get the GPU first and see how I go. I primarily game at 4k or in VR so I'm not sure how much I'd benefit in gaming scenarios overall. The 3900x is also still slightly better for my work tasks.

Last edited:

sendit

Problem for me, this is exactly what I did at the 3080 launch, then when AMD didn’t deliver I ended up not getting a 3080 either… The scalpers had already scooped them all up and sold them overpriced.
But if I can’t fit a 4090 in the case it’s a bit different, in the end I think that’s what will decide what I do. I’ll be looking at the size figures more than the performance figures this time.
I think the situation will be better this time around as the demand to use GPUs for mining has drastically decreased. I paid ~1800 for a ASUS Strix 3090 (about ~300 over MSRP) a little after launch.

Last edited:

hlm666

There's probaby some RT performance left in the tank for these cards, I'm not sure any of the games tested would have had shader execution reordering support which could be up to another 30% increase in RT.

Rbk_3

Called Canada Computers and my Gigabyte 4090 Gaming OC is ready to pick up first thing tomorrow morning.
If they have the Master or Suprim X I may switch to those depending on reviews but nice to know I have one locked up.

Fredrik

I think the situation will be better this time around as the demand to use GPUs for mining has drastically decreased. I paid ~1800 for a ASUS Strix 3090 (about ~300 over MSRP) a little after launch.
Yeah you could be right. Plus, reviews saying this card isn’t really making sense below 4K will scare away lots of people.

I’m still on a 1440p screen so I’m in a tough position too.
I’ve already built a whole new PC, wasn’t cheap, then I want a new graphics card, won’t be cheap, and if it only make sense at 4K I need a screen too, which won’t be cheap either since I want a good one.
Where do I draw the line? I gladly take some advices.

Buggy Loop

What's going on here?

136 fps in pure rasterization over 3090 Ti's 54 fps,

While techspot has much lower for a lower preset

CP2077_4K-p.webp

CPU bottlenecked on a 5800X3d while Linus is on a 7950x setup?

//DEVIL//

Called Canada Computers and my Gigabyte 4090 Gaming OC is ready to pick up first thing tomorrow morning.
If they have the Master or Suprim X I may switch to those depending on reviews but nice to know I have one locked up.
They don’t. Sadly I am on the same boat here in Ottawa and even memory express has nothing outside the norm.

Msi trio . Msi seahawk or whatever it’s called their water cooled one. Gigabyte OC and maybe some other card who knows .

The trio doesn’t have a Vapour chamber so that’s out ( you told me lol ), thanks for the tip, hopefully it doesn’t backfire and turns out the trio is the best card lol )The asus strix is 600$ more expensive than gigabyte OC and they usually have a very loud coil whine so fuck that too.

I wanted either FE but best buy Canada suck balls like usual. Not even SKU up. No news about suprimX which I could have gone with that too assuming it has Vapour chamber otherwise no to that too.

I don’t like Aorus cards . Their 3000 cards sucked in terms of fan speed to temp. Fans running 90% ( even though low noise ) just to maintain a temp other cards run at 60%.

Also the master card isn’t their high end it’s the only Extreme card and that no where to be found

Also the gigabyte is 2250 plus tax so it’s kinda an FE pricing . Not bad

Last edited:

Rbk_3

They don’t. Sadly I am on the same boat here in Ottawa and even memory express has nothing outside the norm.

Msi trio . Msi seahawk or whatever it’s called their water cooled one. Gigabyte OC and maybe some other card who knows .

The trio doesn’t have a Vapour chamber so that’s out ( you told me lol ), thanks for the tip, hopefully it doesn’t backfire and turns out the trio is the best card lol )The asus strix is 600$ more expensive than gigabyte OC and they usually have a very loud coil whine so fuck that too.

I wanted either FE but best buy Canada suck balls like usual. Not even SKU up. No news about suprimX which I could have gone with that too assuming it has Vapour chamber otherwise no to that too.

I don’t like Aorus cards . Their 3000 cards sucked in terms of fan speed to temp. Fans running 90% ( even though low noise ) just to maintain a temp other cards run at 60%.

Also the master card isn’t their high end it’s the only Extreme card and that no where to be found

Also the gigabyte is 2250 plus tax so it’s kinda an FE pricing . Not bad

Did you actually talk to the stores?

//DEVIL//

Did you actually talk to the stores?
yup. but I need to call today to check if are getting anything on the way today. ( the MSI as of friday didnt arrive to the stores yet but it was supposed to arrive today. so even the MSI could not make it by tomorrow )

Also I just noticed the best buy ca blog about FE 4090 going to be up for preorder at 9AM Ottawa time... not sure if I will be able to get one or it will be scalped.

All i know the gigabyte OC order of mine is locked so I at least have that. Not sure if I should get the FE over gigabyte OC

Last edited:

Rbk_3

yup. but I need to call today to check if are getting anything on the way today. ( the MSI as of friday didnt arrive to the stores yet but it was supposed to arrive today. so even the MSI could not make it by tomorrow )

Also I just noticed the best buy ca blog about FE 4090 going to be up for preorder at 9AM Ottawa time... not sure if I will be able to get one or it will be scalped.

All i know the gigabyte OC order of mine is locked so I at least have that. Not sure if I should get the FE over gigabyte OC

I am content with the Gaming OC. I called Waterloo store this morning and asked what they all were going to have if I wanted to switch my model and he couldn't tell me for sure but that they said they were getting a shipment in as we speak.

//DEVIL//

I am content with the Gaming OC. I called Waterloo store this morning and asked what they all were going to have if I wanted to switch my model and he couldn't tell me for sure but that they said they were getting a shipment in as we speak.
They are not allowed to talk about what stock they have and what models. under NDA of some sort. I do not know why Nvidia is being like this but whatever.

I think ill stick with OC as well. ill try to see if I can get an FE.

I am not sure if these cards are final sale at canada computers or I can return it if its sealed.

Rbk_3

They are not allowed to talk about what stock they have and what models. under NDA of some sort. I do not know why Nvidia is being like this but whatever.

I think ill stick with OC as well. ill try to see if I can get an FE.

I am not sure if these cards are final sale at canada computers or I can return it if its sealed.

I think they probably messed up when they allowed those preorders and showed stock the other week.

//DEVIL//

I think they probably messed up when they allowed those preorders and showed stock the other week.
yup. they have SKUs of products they are not getting for a month or so :/
But there was no preorders open though. . just SKUs up. I asked.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I know this card costs three times a console and the pc to power it would be like 2 grand, so if you are an absolute enthusiast and this thing is up your street like me......but we are talking literally 8k native performance at 60 fps or over without raytracing.

My 260 Hz monitor cant wait to play.

GymWolf

I know this card costs three times a console and the pc to power it would be like 2 grand, so if you are an absolute enthusiast and this thing is up your street like me......but we are talking literally 8k native performance at 60 fps or over without raytracing.

My 260 Hz monitor cant wait to play.
Very optimistic.

I have to do a new build from scratch and i'm not sure if 3000 euros are gonna be enough...even without a 4090.

nikos

I'm going to try my luck on Best Buy's site for the FE and simultaneously check Newegg/Micro Center to see what they have. B&H is closed for eight days and I don't have much faith in them for these things.

I definitely don't want to go to any stores because that usually ends up in disappointment. I don't think this will be nearly as bad as the 30 series launch, but it may be tricky to get one at first.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I don't know what's gotten into me.
I was excitedfor 3080fe. I was hunting for it for a week on release with alarms and bots. It was excitig.
Now, not only nvidia store is not selling FE here but I.... I don't feel anything inisde.

numb linda blair GIF

Top Bottom