• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Oboro Muramasa pics! 2D awesomeness! :o

Snaku

Banned
duckroll said:
wiiss71.jpg

:eek:

Please tell me this is coming to America.

PolyGone

Banned
that first screenshot is fucking ridiculous

Snaku said:
:eek:

Please tell me this is coming to America.

I believe the English title has already been announced as Oboro Demon Sword or something

With all the beauty in this game, it'd almost be a waste not to include a screenshot mode, transferred to SD card.

not gonna happen

I'm still working on my first playthough of OS on PS3 and there are no words for how beautiful that game is upscaled to 1080p and this looks to top it :O

Total eyegasm.

zoku88

duckroll said:
Clearly you haven't actually seem my posts about the series! :D
Actually, pretty much. I know you like it from your comments about Monolith Soft (in non-Xenosaga related threads) but I just assumed that you must've ignored the flaws since you liked it, which should be impossible :p

I kid, I kid. Besides the really really boring/long battles and the long cinemas in some of the games, it was good.

Haunted

Just when my eyes calmed down from playing the 2D orgasm that is Wario Land, I come into this thread.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
As others have said, please be nothing like Odin Sphere.

I have faith, though. Grim Grimoire proved to me that Vanillaware does know how to make awesome games. I think they can come through on this.

I wonder if they've locked down the framerate for those battles against ridiculously huge bosses. Odin Sphere's structure turned me off of the game as well but I'll still give Oboro Murasama Youtouden a shot, it's not like many other companies out there are trying to push 2D games as gorgeous as this as full retail releases.

duckroll said:
I don't really think you can really tell if it plays like Odin Sphere at all based on the 2-3 seconds of footage there. Odin Sphere's problems come from the game balance, the game pacing, and general lack of variety of enemy types for how long the game is. None of that is going to be apparently in a 2-3 second sneak preview. In fact, even the trailers of Odin Sphere looked REALLY fun, until people played the game for 10 hours or so and realized there was still half a game to go with.... the same enemies and bosses. :p

Stop crushing my hype. Those 2-3 seconds of hot gameplay footage lasted longer than I did.

eve241

Geez, people go crazy over 2D graphics over here. What I'm wondering is if the game plays any good. The screens look nice, but not THAT nice.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Endow said:
Geez, people go crazy over 2D graphics over here. What I'm wondering is if the game plays any good. The screens look nice, but not THAT nice.
That's sort of how I feel too... Meanwhile we have people calling shit on Sin & Punishment 2 graphics when it's clear that it has much more chances that it will play great, considering it's by Treasure and that the first one was a sweet game (the reason most are excited about it).

The only game I played by Vanillaware was Odin Sphere. It had similar beautiful graphics and, while I found it to be a fun game, the slowdown was heavy on that one. So my personal stance on Oboro right now is that it does look pretty but I'll wait to hear future hands-on impressions and watch videos. Since it seems to be way more action oriented, it's the kind of game that can really break under technical issues.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Please let this actually play as well as it looks.

Odin Sphere was beautiful, but the gameplay wasn't on the same level of quality.

I don't see the "level map" that was on the top part of the screen in Odin Sphere. Was that also in Princess Crown? Maybe this game has some structural changes then...

bdouble

godofcookery said:
I don't see the "level map" that was on the top part of the screen in Odin Sphere. Was that also in Princess Crown? Maybe this game has some structural changes then...

they say it is more of an action game. Also the levels are more vertical and from that TGS 07 trailer it looks like it has a little platforming action going on.

Pimpbaa

Forkball said:
That is one short kimono.

I was about to mention that. Are the 2 characters selectable to playthrough the whole game or are you forced to play one of the 2 on certain levels (I hate that).

Durante

Forkball said:
That is one short kimono.
Here's a picture of the US version:
296hgmr.jpg

For those (all?) of you that don't get it: this is a commentary on the utterly ridiculous changes in the US/EU versions of HSG5

Cedille

tehbear said:
All they need to:

1) Take away the lag.

2) Stop reusing levels so much.

Well, #2 won't ever happen. Lagfree Odin Sphere tho would be awesome.

QFT. Two of biggest flaws I found in Odin Sphere.

Azure J

Anybody who can gif that ending animation of the male protagonist sheathing his sword for me would be my friend forevah. :lol

Azure J

If this game can deliver something on par with or exceeding the Megaman Zero series, man I think I'll have found my draft pick for GotY 2009.

careful

Did they say how many characters would be playable? I hope they limit it to no more than 2-3, so that there's no gimped character (*cough* Velvet) and less repeating enemies cross campaigns. Then again, one of the things I really enjoyed about Odin Sphere was the cross cutting storylines.. lol

Top Bottom