• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Oboro Muramasa pics! 2D awesomeness! :o

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
agrajag said:
2D games are better than 3D games

So true, I was looking at the videos of the Ikkitousen PSP beat em up and I remembered just how awesome 2D games are.

So timeless and beautiful.

Dragona Akehi said:
I look at the screens and remember the horrible framerate that Odinsphere suffered during boss fights. :(
LMAO...it literally went into "flip book" mode, only to completely stop at times. That was the only instance in which i laughed at a framerate issue.

Completely pathetic :lol

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
Dragona Akehi said:
I look at the screens and remember the horrible framerate that Odinsphere suffered during boss fights. :(

Yeah but this time it has the power of the Wii behind it.

I would cry if I was a pussy and cried about videogames

I play too many beat-em-ups to fault Odin Sphere for being "repetitive," a word I hate using to describe gameplay anyway. Slowdown, hard as it was to ignore, didn't bother me as much as the loading times in certain parts. I have nothing but love for OS, though, so I'm psyched for Oboro Muramasa.

Mikazuki

Army death height crane group location world
bafflewaffle said:
Hokusai ftw

here's a link to all the prints in the series...maybe the game will use some others as well.

Hey, thanks for posting that link.

Legend%20of%20The%20Mystical%20Ninja,%20The%20(E)000.png

2596300166_5555249f67_o.jpg

:O Mind Blown :O

Dragona Akehi said:

Hmm.. well, the Vanillaware guy they interviewed in the past said the framerate on Odin Sphere.. especially during the boss fights wasn't really where they wanted it to be.. so we know they care.. it's just a question of if it's taken care of with this game.

Even if this ends up having many of the same flaws that Odin Sphere had I'll still buy it. I want to support retail releases of 2D games. It's still aperfectly viable means of creating gorgeous games. With a little more time and money hopefully Vanillaware can work some magic.

zoku88

Dragona Akehi said:
Well, we don't see tons of enemies, yet. So it doesn't seem so bad :-/

Oh god, that netherworld queen battle

I'd be disappointed if this suffers as much slowdown as Odin Sphere, but that will not change my decision to purchase. We need more 2D games, and this can only happen by voting with our dollars.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
zoku88 said:
Oh god, that netherworld queen battle
I seriously hope there's nothing close to that level of unacceptableness in this one.

manzo

I can already see the reality of 480p streched to 16:9 with the shitty IQ of Wii.

The game will look nothing like in those pictures on my 55" SXRD. :(

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
manzo said:
I can already see the reality of 480p streched to 16:9 with the shitty IQ of Wii.

The game will look nothing like in those pictures on my 55" SXRD. :(

Oh yeah what will it look like? A Turbo Grafx game? Will it look like Bonk's Adventure? Well, maybe you should just play Bonk's Adventure instead buddy if you think this is going to look like a caveman adventure.

manzo

AlternativeUlster said:
Oh yeah what will it look like? A Turbo Grafx game? Will it look like Bonk's Adventure? Well, maybe you should just play Bonk's Adventure instead buddy if you think this is going to look like a caveman adventure.

Read my post again. I was talking about IQ.

I just want to see how the game looks outside framebuffer grabs.

manzo said:
Read my post again. I was talking about IQ.

I just want to see how the game looks outside framebuffer grabs.

Well Odin Sphere (not even proper 16:9 on PS3) looks fuck awesome on my 61" DLP. Maybe you need a better television?

duckroll

These pics all look old...... they have no UI and I remember seeing these areas and bosses from the first pics when the game was announced last year....

JaMarco

duckroll said:
These pics all look old...... they have no UI and I remember seeing these areas and bosses from the first pics when the game was announced last year....
they're all from the first scans released of this game.

1UP: What similarities to Odin Sphere can we expect to see? Will there be any character or story connections between the two games?

JK: We're developing it in the same way as Odin Sphere, so there are bound to be a lot of similarities. But there is one difference: You won't be planting seeds this time around.
Well

Top Bottom