• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Oboro Muramasa pics! 2D awesomeness! :o

The Legend of Kage!!!!

OMG, I can't tell you how long I've been trying to remember the name of that game. I loved it so much in the arcades as a kid and I instantly thought of it again when I saw the footage in this game of the Ninja jumping from tree to tree.

The fact that the game's creators were inspired by it just makes me want the game MORE.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
duckroll said:
Haha, Princess Crown 3.
:(

Hopefully with a host of improvements, things are looking good so far. If there is less item management and repetition I'll be happy.

Some of those old pics are widescreen now BTW.

Edit: That was a great interview! :D

zoku88

duckroll said:
Haha, Princess Crown 3.
Good news for me!

EDIT: Yes, bathing scene. Every jpn game needs one ;P

On the other hand, we condensed the dramatic portions of it. This way, we can avoid how we reused bosses in Odin Sphere, like how people pointed out.
Might make some ppl happy.

Gwanatu T

The-Switcher said:
922.jpg

I know I've seen that picture someplace before, but dear God if that isn't beautiful. Long live 2D!

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
JK: We're developing it in the same way as Odin Sphere, so there are bound to be a lot of similarities. But there is one difference: You won't be planting seeds this time around.
I reeeally wish it was "But there is one difference: You won't have huge amounts of slowdown" instead.

Soule

JK:. . . Also, let's see...the bathing sequence that was cut out for Odin Sphere will make its way into this game in the form of "hot springs." I fought for this to the bitter end.

*Salute*

It just looks ridiculously good. Almost too good - I hope that the framerate doesn't chug like bitch like it did in Odin Sphere.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
yes, vanillaware, give it to me!

Soule

AAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOO

I just got capped this morning fuuuuuuck, what a horrible time to go over the download limit with all these trailers and beautiful pics revealed

woe is me :(

Hero

This is one of the most beautiful games ever.

Please, please, please, PLEASE have better gameplay than Odin Sphere.

Mashing

There's no way in hell this game is going to look that good with no slowdown. You're just setting yourself up for disappointment. I believe hand drawn 2d animation is more taxing on a system than 3d animation.

Arkaerial

Unconfirmed Member
Well 2009 will be the year I get the WII - Fatal Frame 4, Muamasa, and Monster Hunter 3 (hopefully it will have a NA release).

Stormbringer said:
39 new pics here
Wow.

Oh god, those pics are making me light-headed. A couple of things I noticed: It looks like the game supports both 4:3 and 16:9 which I don't think I've ever seen in a 2D game before. I thought before it was just old build shots vs new build shots but some pics are clearly from the same build in both aspect ratios. cool.

And there are shots of both characters going through what looks like the same levels. Since the MMV interview said this wouldn't be like OS it seems like maybe we can choose to play as either the girl or boy ninja instead of being forced to play though story chapters as one or the other (hopefully). Hmm.

That video is a corrupted piece of shit, though. I can't tell if the actual game had framerate drops or not, because the video keeps going out of sync and it has artifacts and shit on it.

Mashing

I think it's just the video. Btw, did OS have that 1 screen at a time crap? And why would every adjacent screen be a completely different area?

bdouble

DarknessTear said:
That video is a corrupted piece of shit, though. I can't tell if the actual game had framerate drops or not, because the video keeps going out of sync and it has artifacts and shit on it.

yeah what was that all about. It was good for most of it then it does go to shit.

lyre

Mashing said:
I think it's just the video. Btw, did OS have that 1 screen at a time crap? And why would every adjacent screen be a completely different area?
Yes, except change short screen caps to long boring flat fields that connects to itself (ie large circles of ground).

Raistlin

Unfucking believable 0_0

I can't even imagine what a PS3/360 Vanillaware game would look like. Imagine this sort of thing in HD!?!>!?!

GK: We're developing it in the same way as Odin Sphere, so there are bound to be a lot of similarities. But there is one difference: You won't be planting seeds this time around.

1UP: In what ways does the game use the Wii's motion controls?

GK: We talked about it regarding the controls and concluded that keeping the classic controls for side-scrollers will best fit this game. That's why this game will be using the Classic Controller.

1UP: Apart from the control scheme, are you designing the game any differently because it's on Wii than you would if you were making it for another system?

GK: Not in particular. For better or for worse, this project is not "specialized for the Wii."
Bless you, George.

Top Bottom