• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New order 1886 pre-order trailer (new footage)

R_Deckard

The new gameplay segments

hydxyb.gif

It literally is a thing of beauty! I have the 19th/20th booked off and "I am going to ram this disc in so haaard! my grandchildren are gonna feel it!" (said in a Jean-Claude Van Damme accent)

The latest impressions in Game Informer and Edge are pretty harsh.

"I'm eager to get my hands on the full game, though the by-the-numbers firefights and quicktime events have me worried that the final product may be more style over substance." - Tim Turi

"But after this, The order's muddled messaging has become much easier to understand. After all, it must be hard working out what to say when there's not a lot worth talking about." - Edge

That is what you call harsh?

Wolfenstein has some of the most satisfying weapon effects / weapon damage / weapons of the entire generation. That is pretty fancy.
Also, it respects the player's intelligence in terms of difficulty. It definitely isnt a run of the mill FPS.

Yeah ok bro. I loved Wolfenstein also but this is way too over the top with the praises. It was a good, fun shooter with a good story that I finished once and never went back to.

HORRORSHØW

That shotgun...
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121116203004/glee/images/3/3e/Drooling_homer.gif[/img
+1 for ultra violence. Time to hit the milk bar.[/QUOTE]

it's going to be real horrowshow, my droog.

The day is drawing nigh! I can't wait to see what kind of weapons they have been hiding from us. I'm hoping for some kind of magnetic gun.

OsirisBlack

Banned
The day is drawing nigh! I can't wait to see what kind of weapons they have been hiding from us. I'm hoping for some kind of magnetic gun.

In an early interview they said something about a magnetic weapon that could warp and bend metal. Not sure if its still in but that sounded interesting as shit.

So is this the best looking game at the moment? I've not seen anything as impressive outside of maybe Driveclub weather patch.

Truly hyped forward this game. Undecided if I will pre-order though.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
So is this the best looking game at the moment? I've not seen anything as impressive outside of maybe Driveclub weather patch.

Truly hyped forward this game. Undecided if I will pre-order though.

For me it's not even close, this is the standard upon which I will judge all other linear 30fps titles this gen.

but his crosshair was clearly on the half-breed.
Right, but the gate can be shot open, it was a closer target to Galahad than the lycan was so in game the electricity traveled to the gate instead. The electricity doesn't always travel in a straight line where the reticle is.

Handy Fake

Right, but the gate can be shot open, it was closer target to Galahad than the lycan was so in game the electricity traveled to the gate instead. The electricity doesn't always travel in a straight line where the reticle is.

Ahhh. A game mechanic. I like it.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Right, but the gate can be shot open, it was closer target to Galahad than the lycan was so in game the electricity traveled to the gate instead. The electricity doesn't always travel in a straight line where the reticle is.

Oh I see.

Ricky_R

Right, but the gate can be shot open, it was a closer target to Galahad than the lycan was so in game the electricity traveled to the gate instead. The electricity doesn't always travel in a straight line where the reticle is.

So that means head shots are going be a bitch with it? Or will auto-aim kick in?

Top Bottom