• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New order 1886 pre-order trailer (new footage)

kyser73

And you're just as guilty for being to dismissive. What is this "holistic" thinking? Aren't gamers allowed to have standards given the limited time and budget they have for playing games? No, it seems you don't want people to access their previews for games. You prefer they see the positive than overlook the negative. We had a reviewer who had that kind of thinking recently on AC: Unity and look what happens, he destroyed his integrity as a reviewer but also willing criticize the issues 50-+ hours into the game that people have been pointing out in the beginning. Yeah... No.

You're asking me to explain your post?

Well the bit I emboldened from your post would be holistic thinking, where rather than focus solely on the game, the reviewer looks at the whole context of the game type, where the industry is going, and what the game doesn't do. I tend to prefer reviews which focus on what the game actually does and how well - or not - it does it.

The rest of your post makes no sense in the context of my reply - you seem to be saying I only look for good reviews? No, I look for reviews of the product in itself, not what other products like it are doing and then comparing it. The AC:U thing has absolutely nothing to do with my point, and I have no idea why you're even mentioning it.

despire

Except the game automatically points you to the disguised rebels, there's no actual investigation on your part. All you have to do is then press that button to do it. And enjoy probably another cutscene to move the story along. Sometimes I just fear it might be even less actually interactive than a game like Beyond, which already didn't have that much

Uh no. This part was featured in the PSX trailer and it wasn't like that. You need to scope each dude out, wait for them to turn or position themselves so that you can see if they have the emblem or not. After that Galahad says whether they are rebels or not but you see it yourself as well. Pretty normal stuff. After this there is a hectic gunfight..

Alo0oy

Banned
The lycan looks soo good! Please have a sandbox lycan hide and seek level with very little health. Please! Surprise me Order... I want to believe!

I'd prefer it if the game stayed a straight up TPS, it's been a long time since we got one of those.

Ledhead

Thanks for letting me know.

Also, I know we've had this discussion previously, but the topic was closed: for the OT title my vote goes to -

The Order 1886 |OT| I'm Lycan your moustache

(EDIT - I did not come up with this)

Hahah that's a good one.

Also, the open environment in that small clip with the lycan combat looks amazing

The new gameplay segments

hydxyb.gif

Ricky_R

It looks like the arc naturally gravitates towards the metal, despite the fact that the reticule is on the Lycan.

That's either pretty awesome, or really annoying. Maybe both.

I'm going with both. It will be awesome at first and annoying later. ;)

Seriously though, if that thing deviates toward metal if it's close, it would be awesome.

A bit OT but does anyone know the best place to import the Premium Edition in Europe? Really want it but we only get the blackwater edition which suck towards the premium one.

nib95

Banned

Going back to this, I can't believe how good it looks graphically. Looks legit CG. Those buildings and that lighting.

I wonder if I'll be able to seek out spots or streets I know in Whitechapel, or if it'll only be a slight flavour of these locales they'll be using.

Fixed my problem, didn't know Amazon.com delivered to Ireland. Will cost a lot more than I thought but it's the quickest way to get it here.

Top Bottom