• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New OXM PDZ cover story, scans ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

raYne

f_elz said:
I'm not impressed.
iwata1db.jpg

Really? You don't say?...

Prine

Banned
FortNinety said:
This game is how many weeks away? And its the flagship game for a launching title, right? Then how the hell are we not being bombarded with pics left and right? I don't mean to troll, but this seriously bad news for MS.

Why would it be bad? MS are confident enough that the game will sell itself around X05. The only ones that need to be fed are the casuals, and thats through TV advertisments

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
FortNinety said:
This game is how many weeks away? And its the flagship game for a launching title, right? Then how the hell are we not being bombarded with pics left and right? I don't mean to troll, but this seriously bad news for MS.

Its at least 8 weeks until release, and we should know all we need to know by the end of the first week of October, still (at least) 4 weeks from release, it isnt going to be a dark launch at all.

Zaptruder

Banned
When wallguy is shown again, everyone will be dissing the fuck out of this all over again.

In reality, it just goes to show how fucking crap wallguy really was and should cost someones job over the debacle (screenshots guy, artist, or art director).

Remove wallguy, and the butt ugly desert stage, and these don't really seem like an improvement it seems. It still seems like an early build with jaggies galore. At this stage, it's not far removed from the plastic look of FCK.

Prine

Banned
Besides, inst this the normal way Rare operate? Dont see jack untill right near release. Or atleast thats how i remember when i used to anticipate their N64 game.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Prine said:
Besides, inst this the normal way Rare operate? Dont see jack untill right near release. Or atleast thats how i remember when i used to anticipate their N64 game.

No, not really.

Prine said:

Rare never operates like that.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Given the reaction to the MTV and E3 events, I can see why Rare and MS would be leary to showcase anything unfinished. They should just release some "target renders" so you guys could shut the fuck up as what little oxygen present in your brain drains away to fuel your graphics boners.

These screens are leaps and bounds above the Wallguy shots. Not hard to do, but good to see that progress is being made. Personally, I would like to get my grubby mitts on some gameplay footage, but I can see what they are holding out.

urk said:
Given the reaction to the MTV and E3 events, I can see why Rare and MS would be leary to showcase anything unfinished. They should just release some "target renders" so you guys could shut the fuck up as what little oxygen present in your brain drains away to fuel your graphics boners.

These screens are leaps and bounds above the Wallguy shots. Not hard to do, but good to see that progress is being made. Personally, I would like to get my grubby mitts on some gameplay footage, but I can see what they are holding out.

Subscribe... newsletter.

looks alot better than the MTV shit, but only about what you'd expect out of a next-gen FPS. Durability is the real test. People were playing GoldenEye for years after it came out. If PDZ can accomplish that, fantastic. It could just be another FPS in a couple years.

Even though I'm waiting for PS3, its a relief that it really doesn't look as bad as the first shots, though I guess we'll have to wait for reviews of the final product. Original WallGuy should definately be a multiplayer skin (complete with one huge leg and Nintendo zapper gun).

trmas

Banned
It looks like a PC title. GRAW and GoW stomp all over it as far as I can tell. Does it look better than it did around E3? Yes, significantly better.

But it was so much crap before, that wouldn't be very hard. Hopefully, it can look even better in a couple of months, and this isn't the final product.

I know Wallguy has long since been beaten to death but I went back to look at those first pics again and it still blows my mind how hilariously pathetic it looked. Going by these scans it looks about on par with current gen PC stuff, but it's hard to really tell from the screens. The character model of that doctor or whatever doesn't look all that amazing but like all of these next gen games I guess we have to see it all in motion

DMczaf

GamerzXtreme said:
A. Does anyone else want anything from this launch guide?
B. I have scans with *NO COMPRESSION* (20+ megs - 1200 DPI) - anyone want or are these good?

Any Madden, NBA Live or NBA2K screens in the mag? :)

moowear

I was on the fence regarding this game...after these two new ss, I'm in. Any confirmation that this is a launch 'day' title and not a launch 'window'?

GhaleonEB

Can someone explain why linking to these scans is okay? The only time I ever got banned was for doing this exact same thing pre-Halo 2 launch.

Not complaining, mind you. :) Just looking for some explanation.

Sean

Banned
I just did a quick comparison of an older build (pre-e3 I believe) and the new shot..

pdz-compare1.jpg

This appears to be the same area, just being viewed from a different angle (if you look closely at the two shots you see the same structure). In the new shot there's a jetpack, space shuttle, rocket and some kind of flying plane off in the distance. There's a lot less jaggies, the lighting has been drastically improved, much more clouds, nice smoke and dust effects, a bit of motion blur, etc.

When you look at them together, it looks like it could be from two different games IMO.

BuddyC

GhaleonEB said:
Can someone explain why linking to these scans is okay? The only time I ever got banned was for doing this exact same thing pre-Halo 2 launch.

Not complaining, mind you. :) Just looking for some explanation.
It's not.

Direct linking/posting scans of domestic/English magazines is against the TOS, end of story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom