• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New OXM PDZ cover story, scans ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

hadareud

The Translator
... are not available :D

http://forums.perfectdarkzero.com/forums/16520/ShowPost.aspx

I just picked up the new Xbox 360 Complete Launch Guide mag, and stumbled upon an article on PDZ. There are 5 never seen before screens, and I must say that they are incredible. The lighting and shadowing is amazing as is the texture work. The explosions are fabulous as well. It's still a bit rough around the edges, but PDZ looks absolutely gorgeous now. There is also a new weapon never seen before. It seems to be a heavy machine gun similar to the M60 (the M60 is a real machine gun issued by the US military). There is also a pic with a scientist/astronaut character weilding two pistols. I don't know what to make of this though. Dual weilding is confirmed as there is a pic of Joanna dual weilding a pistol and a grenade (it doesn't seem as if the player will be able to throw grenades with the push of a seperate button as in Halo). All in all...PDZ's graphics will blow you away. They look much better than those early pics. PDZ has definitley come a long way and looks very next-gen, IMO.

Also, the co-op mode was discussed in this article. It seems as if the co-op mode will put you and a buddy on seperate, but interwining paths through a level, where you must cover each other, open doors for each other, and otherwise work with each other to make it through. Apparently, Rare is also considering 4 player co-op.

There are also four different difficulty levels: Agent, Secret Agent, Perfect Agent, and Dark Agent. The single player campaign is set up just like its predecessor where it is broken up into fairly linear missions. The action is also supposidly fast, furious, and extremely varied due to the myriad of weapon functions and gadgets.

Bottom line...PDZ will indeed be the Xbox 360's killer app. My God I wish you all could see these screens! If only I had a scanner. Sorry for getting your hopes up to see them. Just be on the look out for the Xbox 360 Complete Launch Guide.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
"Also, the co-op mode was discussed in this article. It seems as if the co-op mode will put you and a buddy on seperate, but interwining paths through a level, where you must cover each other, open doors for each other, and otherwise work with each other to make it through. Apparently, Rare is also considering 4 player co-op."

Considering?

Q2 2006 release ahoy!

BUT CAN YOU OPEN DOORS SLOWLY LIKE RAINBOW SIX OR DO YOU BASH THEM IN LIKE SPLINTER CELL OR DO YOU SIMPLY OPEN THEM AND SHIT YOUR PANTS IN AWE?!?!

All in all...PDZ's graphics will blow you away

I remember when the first previews of PDZ come out and mags/sites were saying "it looks great" and wallguy was sitting on the right and other crap pics were sitting on the left and "it will blow you away" was written in the middle so I am now inclinded not to belive people saying it will blow you away now....

cry wolf and shit!

Just give me the damn game, or some up to date VIDEO!!!

Cold-Steel said:
BUT CAN YOU OPEN DOORS SLOWLY LIKE RAINBOW SIX OR DO YOU BASH THEM IN LIKE SPLINTER CELL OR DO YOU SIMPLY OPEN THEM AND SHIT YOUR PANTS IN AWE?!?!

Dude I don't know...WE DON'T OPEN DOORS!

Recognize!

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Related? Also, I wonder if it is similar to those few, small mystery screens that were released after E3? There were a few that looked totally different from the multiplayer shots. I wonder if it looks even better than those?

771_0001.jpg

More "info" from IGN boards -

Demo Disc - playables:
Star Wars Battlefront 2
Need for Speed most wanted
L.A.Rush
Land of the Dead
Marvel Nemesis
NCAA Football 06
The Suffering
Xbox Arcade Demos

Features:
Tony Hawk- AW. Videos
Star Wars Battlefront 3
Star Wars Ep.3 DVD
Blitz
Samurai Shodown

Brief Snippet on Blitz: The League
Brief Snippet on Shattered Union

Previews -
Total Overdose
Battlefront 2
Prince of Persia 3
Stubbs the Zombie
Sims 2
From Russia w/ Love
COD2 Big Red One
L.A. Rush
Driver: Parallel Lines

Reviews -
Far Cry Instincts 8.7
Dynasty Warriors 5 - 7.0
Indigo Prophecy - 8.9
Fifa 06 - 7.9
Tiger Woods 06 - 8.6
Ghost Recon 2 - 9.0
Namco museum - 7.5
Tecmo Classic - 7.6
Midway Arcade 3 - 8.0
R6 Lockdown - 6.7
MotoGP - 8.0
187 Ride or Die - 3.9
Ty the Tasmanian Tiger - 7.0
Evil Dead - 6.5
Scooby Doo - 6.4
Burnout Revenge - 9.8!!!!!!!!!!!!! Game of the Month
Ninja Gaiden Black - 9.0

Dr_Cogent said:
Believe it, when I see it.

I definitely don't blame the Xbots for wishing, praying, hoping that PDZ surprises everyone and turns out looking beautiful... but like the Dr. up there, I'll believe it when I see it.

Rare would have had to do more work in the last 5 months than they've done in the last 3 years...

And more boards "info":

I got "Xbox 360 - The Complete Launch Guide" by the editors of Official Xbox Magazine today which listed the following:

Day One Launch Titles

99% Confirmed:
Call of Duty 2
Dead or Alive 4
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Kameo: Elements of Power
Madden NFL 06
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
Perfect Dark Zero
Ridge Racer 6
Saint's Row
Project Gotham Racing 3

Probable:
Amped 3
Condemned: Criminal Origins
FIFA 06
NBA Live 06
NBA 2K6
Quake IV
Tiger Woods PGA Tour Golf 06
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
Top Spin 2

I haven't fully looked through the magazine yet but new pics of PD0 really jumped out at me and I said "whoa"; one is of a fururistic launch pad on top of a roof with jetpacks and rockets which looks amazing...another is of a cityscape with impressive draw distance...a shot of duel-wielding a hand grenade and a pistol...and a very detailed face of a scientist with a bubble on his head (kind of like the Jetson's).

Also there are cool pics and info about 7 prototypes of the X360.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
While I don't know about the pics in said mag, but recently, a lot has been made of the turnaround this game has made

GhaleonEB

krypt0nian said:
More "info" from IGN boards -

While cool, I don't think this is the same issue. The quote mentions the Xbox 360 Complete Launch Guide - I assume that's a seperate mag from the publisher.

Joe

can someone please explain the owl thing to me? i was holding out as long as possible because i know its another over-used gaf joke but im caving, i need to know.

hadareud

The Translator
more info from txb:

Ok, here we go...

First, they say it looks way better then what we've seen. Close to what you'd expect next-gen to be. And yes, all pictures are new (or new to me)

Hands on: Single Player - Played first three levels..

Datacore Training - Training level in an underwater base. Full of sweet looking tech brought to life by new lighting and parralaz mapping. Cover mode = conntext sensitive actions allowing you to peek around corners, dodge moves allow you to roll in 4 directions. Play with gadgets... fly a camspy down a vent shaft to destroy a circuit breaker and open a door. Minigame to hack open locked doors. Other gadgets = locktopus and demolition kit, all involve minigames to use, which increase in difficulty depending on what you're trying to do.

Subway Retrieval - Enter through elevator into parking garage, face guys on cool futuristic motorcycles. Dual wielding and secondary firing. Game will keep track of your stats and present them at the end of level, posted over Xbox Live.

Rooftops - They played this co-op, and said this is true co-op. Players tke different routes that criss-cross each other, and are put in situations where they have to help each other out. Example - Joanna has sniper rifle, and has to snipe enemies to allow her father to get through back alleys below

Multiplayer - Played deathmatch against devs. Customizable bots like in the last one, but much better and smarter bots. Great weapon balancing, cool environmental features like ziplines. Destructible armor that you can see, so you know where to shoot someone for more damage, or see who is a weaker target

They say it would be tough to compare to Halo, but it's still going to be great. "If you like good shooters made by the people who made two of the best FPS ever, or if you need a good multiplayer till the next Halo comes out, or if you like hot Brittish chicks in skintight outfits, then the answer is looking like a resounding yes."

Edit: Weapons

Weapons -

Jackal Sniper Rifle
Secondary Function - EMP Marker: Target player... scrambles radar and lights up target on your radar

Laptop Gun
Secondary Function - Sentry Gun: Provides auto fire

P9P Pistol (dual wield)
Secondary Function - Silencer Also has flashlight

UBL Liberator SMG
Secondary Function - Booby trap. Acts like a proximity mine

Superdragon
Secondary Function - Bouncing Grenade Launcher

All weapons have melee attacks. Best is Viblade... attacks can be chained into combos.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Joe said:
can someone please explain the owl thing to me? i was holding out as long as possible because i know its another over-used gaf joke but im caving, i need to know.

I posted owls on GAF in retarded/pointless topics that I knew would (or should be) locked.

Like most internet things, it just grew from there.

Prine

Banned
fap fap fap indeed

Rare are going to be kicking ass like its 1997.

Rebirth :D

If Kameo and PDZ impress, i think the X360 is in for an awesome few years. Bungie and Rare, match made in heaven for me.

:D :D

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Datacore Training - Training level in an underwater base. Full of sweet looking tech brought to life by new lighting and parralaz mapping. Cover mode = conntext sensitive actions allowing you to peek around corners, dodge moves allow you to roll in 4 directions. Play with gadgets... fly a camspy down a vent shaft to destroy a circuit breaker and open a door. Minigame to hack open locked doors. Other gadgets = locktopus and demolition kit, all involve minigames to use, which increase in difficulty depending on what you're trying to do.

Hmm.... I think this screenshot might've originated from that level

pdz5.jpg

snatches

Guys I totally know why there aren't any scans posted yet.

1. Typical GAFfer comes home with magazine
2. Opens magazine
3. Flips to PDZ coverage
4. *FAP*FAP*FAP*FAP*
5. Passes out

Weapons -

Jackal Sniper Rifle
Secondary Function - EMP Marker: Target player... scrambles radar and lights up target on your radar

Laptop Gun
Secondary Function - Sentry Gun: Provides auto fire

P9P Pistol (dual wield)
Secondary Function - Silencer Also has flashlight

UBL Liberator SMG
Secondary Function - Booby trap. Acts like a proximity mine

Superdragon
Secondary Function - Bouncing Grenade Launcher

All weapons have melee attacks. Best is Viblade... attacks can be chained into combos.

Also from the IGN boards....

snatches said:
Guys I totally know why there aren't any scans posted yet.

1. Typical GAFfer comes home with magazine
2. Opens magazine
3. Flips to PDZ coverage
4. *FAP*FAP*FAP*FAP*
5. Passes out

6. Wakes up
7. Gaches glance out of corner of eye
8. *FAP*FAP*FAP*FAP*CHAFE*
9. Passes out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom