• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New OXM PDZ cover story, scans ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrbob

l_can_t_see_shit.jpg

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Scans aren't great quality obviously, but I think it's clear that this isn't the same PDZ we have seen before. Believe?

I'm just doing some pre-emptive selftouching.....you know, just in case they look great.

<fap><fap><fap>

ah hell, my heart's not in it yet....

Krowley

the draw distance is impressive in that one shot, and from what i can tell, the lighting looks very nice. Textures look extremly "bumpy" which is good.

the overall effect looks nice, but it's hard to tell for sure.

edit// based on the previous shots, and just looking at these... it's obviously better, but one problem with the early shots was the very simple geometry (which almost reminded me of counterstrike) that may still be a problem based on these shots, it's hard to tell.

i really hope this turns out good. i need another reason to buy a 360.

Amir0x

Banned
Hm, can't really tell - definitely looks like an improvement though. Not crow-level improvement, but better. Single player?

Although I can say the pic where the HUGE SPACESHUTTLE is taking off will probably be an awesome, intense moment.

Prine

Banned
Is that a space rocket launching off in the distance? :0

I notice depyh of field in those pics, or it might be that the pics are too blurry. Why cant you take high res shots??

I appreciate the effort btw

Krowley said:
the draw distance is impressive in that one shot, and from what i can tell, the lighting looks very nice. Textures look extremly "bumpy" which is good.

the overall effect looks nice, but it's hard to tell for sure.

edit// based on the previous shots, and just looking at these... it's obviously better, but one problem with the early shots was the very simple geometry (which almost reminded me of counterstrike) that may still be a problem based on these shots, it's hard to tell.

i really hope this turns out good. i need another reason to buy a 360.

dude. look here

http://www.jeux-france.com/Webmasters/Images/40611320050913_042617_1_big.jpg

look at the pipe railings to the right. there is actually geometry for the pipe junctions and its across a ledge! more than enough geometry here. well beyond this gen!!!

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
now it only looks slightly worse than halo 2! still, i kind of want a fps at launch, and for some reason i'm more interested in this than call of doody...i know the first one was awesome, but i just can't get into the idea of playing another ww2 shooter.

Mrbob

drohne said:
now it only looks slightly worse than halo 2! still, i kind of want an fps at launch, and for some reason i'm more interested in this than call of doody...i know the first one was awesome, but i just can't get into the idea of playing another ww2 shooter.

I'll probably pick up Call of Duty 2 on the cheap but the thought of playing another WW2 shooter bores me too.

Krowley

Lunar Aura said:
dude. look here

http://www.jeux-france.com/Webmasters/Images/40611320050913_042617_1_big.jpg

look at the pipe railings to the right. there is actually geometry for the pipe junctions and its across a ledge! more than enough geometry here. well beyond this gen!!!

yeah your right... i didn't see that... it actually looks pretty damn good if you give it a close enough look.

I wonder why MS doesn't just go ahead and release some nice screens for the web? the game has already been revealed so why the secrecy?, there is no reason to let people continue to think it looks like ass.

Speevy

Banned
I'll probably pick up Call of Duty 2 on the cheap but the thought of playing another WW2 shooter bores me too.

I wonder how long it will be before the first originally $50-60 become $20?

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
drohne said:
now it only looks slightly worse than halo 2! still, i kind of want a fps at launch, and for some reason i'm more interested in this than call of doody...i know the first one was awesome, but i just can't get into the idea of playing another ww2 shooter.

It looks TONS better than Halo 2 IMO (whis isn't even the best looking Xbox game in my view)

It is hard to see all the details but it does look good...

Speevy

Banned
Mrbob said:
4 years, at least. This game will sell like hotcakes.

Sorry, I'm really tired and didn't type that post fully. I was asking what you thought the first full-priced X360 games to drop to bargain prices will be.

Krowley said:
yeah your right... i didn't see that... it actually looks pretty damn good if you give it a close enough look.

I wonder why MS doesn't just go ahead and release some nice screens for the web? the game has already been revealed so why the secrecy?, there is no reason to let people continue to think it looks like ass.

if you look further out the railings on the stairs are detailed the same and they are WAY off. the wall textures below the staircase looks pretty clean too. your monitor has to be kinda bright to make out the details but there are tons there if you look. :) so far i see very good or NO LOD, high quality textures, lots of geometry, HUGE environments, sweet light/swadows. those diagonal "stripes" on the building to the far left are shadows cast from something outside of the pic. the kicker will be 60fps. 30 will be nice but if this runs at 60, holy crap

Mrbob

Speevy said:
Sorry, I'm really tired and didn't type that post fully. I was asking what you thought the first full-priced X360 games to drop to bargain prices will be.

Anything Sega publishes.

Prine

Banned
Krowley said:

People think it looks like shit and dont believe it'll look better. Their expectations are set, then comes x05 and BAM, blow everyone away.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
bridegur said:
That looks much improved from the trash they showed in the beginning. Impressive.

im a bit baffled by the comments like this one.. since we are looking at blurry cam pics from an article in a magazine.

raYne

Kabuki Waq said:
how can you guys say those scans looks good? you cant really see much.
For the same reason Bigfoot and the Loch Ness monster exist. Crappy blurry pics and second hand accounts...

(please be good)

DCX

DCX
Operations said:
Looking good. Not Gears of War-impressive but pretty nice.
It doesn't have to be Gear of War nice, it has Goldeneye type gameplay...it will make the difference, trust me...

DCX

raYne said:
For the same reason Bigfoot and the Loch Ness monster exist. Crappy blurry pics and second hand accounts...

(please be good)

the fact that details can be made out of blurry pics says alot. if the polys and texture detail was junk the entire pic would be blurry. although blurry though, the actual details are sharp enough to still make out. thats pretty damn good. i cant wait to see official shots.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
Lunar Aura said:
the fact that details can be made out of blurry pics says alot. if the polys and texture detail was junk the entire pic would be blurry. although blurry though, the actual details are sharp enough to still make out. thats pretty damn good. i cant wait to see official shots.

not really. blurry pictures can make a bad looking game look good. its happened in the past, and it continues to happen to this day!

TwixDawg

Banned
The giant robot or whatever it is in the first pic looks pretty bad. The gun model also looks a bit lacking.

In one of the windows it says "check out the details in Jetson's bubble head guy's face."

I don't know, but that looks like a character model from Timesplitters.

It could just be the blurry shots.

TwixDawg said:
The giant robot or whatever it is in the first pic looks pretty bad. The gun model also looks a bit lacking.

In one of the windows it says "check out the details in Jetson's bubble head guy's face."

I don't know, but that looks like a character model from Timesplitters.

It could just be the blurry shots.

This is what GAMEFAQS does to you. STFU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom