• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Patch Released for Halo: MCC. It actually works!

haha, this is what determines whether or not you play the game? lol

I only played 1 match, so I'm probably not the best to go off of. About a minute from start of search to start of match. Connections seemed fine across the board, and H2C netcode seemed to be improved. It was a group of 4 versus 4 randoms so here definitely needs to be party matching implemented.

It does hamper the competitive aspect a lot. Saying "2 on me" or "Sniper on my X" and having it mean absolutely nothing because you can't tell who the fuck said it because everyone's emblem is a stupid swirl definitely sucks.

ITT: People with Stockholm Syndrome damning a person who voices their displeasure with the product because it still does not deliver on what was promised.

VinFTW

It does hamper the competitive aspect a lot. Saying "2 on me" or "Sniper on my X" and having it mean absolutely nothing because you can't tell who the fuck said it because everyone's emblem is a stupid swirl definitely sucks.

ITT: People with Stockholm Syndrome damning a person who voices their displeasure with the product because it still does not deliver on what was promised.
using emblems is never a good idea, use the service code, always.

Also nice last statement. There's a difference between voicing displeasure and being ridiculous.

Rumble19

Played a few games just now, working much better. No lag, fast search times. Now just fix ranks, add a quitting penalty, and make most of the modes 4v4 and we back.

Lothars

haha, this is what determines whether or not you play the game? lol

I only played 1 match, so I'm probably not the best to go off of. About a minute from start of search to start of match. Connections seemed fine across the board, and H2C netcode seemed to be improved. It was a group of 4 versus 4 randoms so here definitely needs to be party matching implemented.
Considering how bad MCC has been, It definitely is valid, hopefully this will improve it enough but I have serious doubts.

You have to be that guy, don't you.

Oh well, the rest of us will have an amazing time with some amazing games.
Amazing games that don't work half the time and multiplayer that may or may not be broken most of the time. if this fixes that great. but it is really late for singing the praises of it until we can be certain.

using emblems is never a good idea, use the service code, always.

Also nice last statement. There's a difference between voicing displeasure and being ridiculous.

Halo 2 says hello.

What's wrong with that guy saying he's glad he got his $60 back?

Him saying "Fuck Halo" is his prerogative, no skin off my back.

Edit: He said Fuck halo

Chris1

So it's actually fixed for the most part then?

Avoided buying it even though I'm mostly a campaign guy just to not support a broken game, but if it's fixed I'll pick it up this weekend maybe. Hopefully the population for multi player hasn't been hurt too much by this.

Noobcraft

So it's actually fixed for the most part then?

Avoided buying it even though I'm mostly a campaign guy just to not support a broken game, but if it's fixed I'll pick it up this weekend maybe. Hopefully the population for multi player hasn't been hurt too much by this.
It's now in an acceptable state for launch. It still needs work but it's way better than it was at launch.

VinFTW

Halo 2 says hello.

What's wrong with that guy saying he's glad he got his $60 back?

Him saying "Fuck Halo" is his prerogative, no skin off my back.

Edit: He said Fuck halo
Maybe you're not familiar with that poster like most of HaloGAF is...

Also halo 2 saying hello still doesn't change anything, using emblems is a bad idea.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I have a feeling that they will say "Download ODST and the new Relic now" @ E3. I also think they will do that with Battletoads.
There's no way they bring up this debacle at E3, lol. This has been the biggest PR disaster since the Xbox One's reputation actually started looking good.

Impala26

There's displeasure and then there's pure unfettered salt/wank.

Maybe we should introduce him to Ragnarok...
Where has he been by the way, did he get perma'd or...?

Izuna

Banned
http://xboxclips.com/Izuna+Lasky/d96161f2-36f0-442c-9ef5-e4007b396ba3

3NR1iDY.gif

My heart sank when I saw this...

Also halo 2 saying hello still doesn't change anything, using emblems is a bad idea.

Huh? There's no service codes in H2. I use service does for H3/4 because...that's what's most convenient. It's different game to game in the series.

All I'm asking is that I'm able to play H2 the way I used to. Someone dies, they say, sniper on my X, I know what their emblem is, I know where the sniper is.

Beyond just the normal call outs, it's just another good way to know what's going on during the game...not sure why you keep insisting looking at an emblem is a bad idea. The most common use case is my example, and is often the fastest way to know where a dropped power weapon is. It's not like I'm constantly staring at emblems all game...

Lee

I get that saying "Fuck Halo" isn't the best way to put it, but I feel the same way. I just can't go back, one week shy of four months after launch, and ignore the fact that I felt completely ripped off and screwed over for buying this game day one. Adding to that the hassle I went through to get a refund, being told by microsoft to wait for a patch (this was in December..) and having them tell me the only way to get refunded is by disputing the damn thing with my credit card. The whole experience was terrible.

I fucking loved Halo too...

VinFTW

Huh? There's no service codes in H2. I use service does for H3/4 because...that's what's most convenient. It's different game to game in the series.

All I'm asking is that I'm able to play H2 the way I used to. Someone dies, they say, sniper on my X, I know what their emblem is, I know where the sniper is.

Beyond just the normal call outs, it's just another good way to know what's going on during the game...not sure why you keep insisting looking at an emblem is a bad idea. The most common use case is my example, and is often the fastest way to know where a dropped power weapon is. It's not like I'm constantly staring at emblems all game...
Never said there were service codes in h2, what I mean is, Using emblems in h2 as a means to know who is who is a bad idea. halo 2 is probably the game I put the second most time into, ever. Never have I once done what you are saying.

I also consider using someones x is not the same as recognizing emblems.

Not sure why there is a need to have to come into a thread to state you sold the game, will never understand posts like that.

Moving on, there seems to be some positive first impressions...that is good. How big was the patch? Haven't really touched the MP because of the all, but have been enjoying the campaigns in co-op with a buddy of mine.

Looking forward to getting back into some matches - pretty sure I will get destroyed, it's been awhile.

Izuna

Banned
do glitches like these occur in classic mode?

This is the first very noticeable glitch I have seen besides a texture not loading, and I have done all campaigns before.

It said this patch fixed instability so I went to test it out...

Never said there were service codes in h2, what I mean is, Using emblems in h2 as a means to know who is who is a bad idea. halo 2 is probably the game I put the second most time into, ever. Never have I once done what you are saying.

I also consider using someones x is not the same as recognizing emblems.

You've never had multiple teammates die at the same time, and they say "weapon Y on my X" then because there's multiple X's, you know the emblem, so you know what they're talking about?

If you didn't recognize someone's emblem in that situation, how would you know where to go? Do you say "My snipe's down at S2?" My friends communicate in a lot of ways, but saying "weapon Y on my X" is the fastest IMO

I get that saying "Fuck Halo" isn't the best way to put it, but I feel the same way. I just can't go back, one week shy of four months after launch, and ignore the fact that I felt completely ripped off and screwed over for buying this game day one. Adding to that the hassle I went through to get a refund, being told by microsoft to wait for a patch (this was in December..) and having them tell me the only way to get refunded is by disputing the damn thing with my credit card. The whole experience was terrible.

I fucking loved Halo too...

I got my refund last week. Not before I was told the game was fixed weeks ago and I had to contact 343 so they could use my gt to refresh the servers and fix my problems..

Picked up an OG xbox for CE at launch and have played Halo since. I played all the campaigns on legendary in MCC and got my value out of it. The MP is a joke.

Bear in mind some of the posters in here have been defending 343 and the state of the MCC since launch.

Accept mediocrity brehs.

TheXbox

This is the first very noticeable glitch I have seen besides a texture not loading, and I have done all campaigns before.

It said this patch fixed instability so I went to test it out...
bummer. I hope they get these campaign issues sorted. Doesn't sound like they're too bad but Halo 3's aiming and audio issues make me sad. I guess MP is a priority for them atm

VinFTW

I got my refund last week. Not before I was told the game was fixed weeks ago and I had to contact 343 so they could use my gt to refresh the servers and fix my problems..

Picked up an OG xbox for CE at launch and have played Halo since. I played all the campaigns on legendary in MCC and got my value out of it. The MP is a joke.

Bear in mind some of the posters in here have been defending 343 and the state of the MCC since launch.

Accept mediocrity brehs.
Lol classy

Accept mediocrity brehs.

You played all the games on legendary, enjoyed them and then asked for a refund?

You played all the games on legendary and enjoyed it and still asked for a refund?
Absolutely. The main reason I bought an Xbox one and MCC at launch was to play Halo 2 "exactly the way you remember it".

That's not what I was given for my $60.

Plugging up the holes in the ship 4 months later isn't good enough for me either.

Top Bottom