• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Platinum Games Title - Vanquish (Mikami TPS, PS3/360, Winter 2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.
yencid said:

Witch Time and:

21bus1s.jpg

Grace and Glory confirmed.

rjf5gh.jpg

Aerial combat in a TPS?

dramatis

Fimbulvetr said:
Witch Time and:

http://i40.tinypic.com/21bus1s.jpg

Grace and Glory confirmed.

[IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/rjf5gh.jpg

Aerial combat in a TPS?[/QUOTE]

If it has aerial combat, I wonder if it'll have water combat (that won't suck).

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Um... have we seen gameplay footage of it yet?

Daigoro

zoukka said:
This game just looks tons more appealing. I wouldn't be able to stand another DMC clone anymore.

yeah it looks great. if it comes out half as cool as it seems we should have a winner on our hands here.

Roarer

Swedish mag LEVEL has a 6-page preview of the game in their latest issue. They also interviewed Mikami and Inaba during a conference. A couple of highlights:

• The game is a lot faster than traditional third person shooters. Sam can boost from cover to cover, quick tempo and intensity seems to be keywords when designing the game.
• According to the article, the action is only ever paused to allow Sam to take a couple of drags on his cigarett (which apparently explains the low placement of his visor.
• The game plays more like a shmup a la Sin & Punishment rather than Gears of War.
• Sam carries one gun, which the suit can transform into another gun, for example a shotgun turns into a machine gun. Real-time weapon morphing?!
• close quarter combat plays a major role.
• Mikami admits that the game looks very similar to other shooters on the surface, but promises that the speed and tempo will set it apart.
• Inaba says that "Mikami is free to do whatever he wants"
• The author of the article is not too impressed by neither story nor cinematics and thinks that the game works best when it focuses on the intense action.
• Mikami opens the conference by saying "Is there anyone from IGN here? Thanks for that God Hand review". :-D

All in all it looks pretty awesome, hoping it will deliver a solid gameplay experience a la God Hand.

Roarer

Oh, and apparently Platinum Games hold their brainstorm meetings at a local bar in central Osaka. Once everyone's properly loaded and shit-faced they start jotting down ideas and get to work on them the next day. Explains most of Bayonetta I guess.

wRATH2x

Banned
Roarer said:
Oh, and apparently Platinum Games hold their brainstorm meetings at a local bar in central Osaka. Once everyone's properly loaded and shit-faced they start jotting down ideas and get to work on them the next day. Explains most of Bayonetta I guess.
So they come up with awesome? I like that!

Roarer said:

I hope then most devs follow this example.

Dascu

Roarer said:
We need a JGaffer to find this bar and eavesdrop on their conversations.

Roarer

Fimbulvetr said:
Hopefully it's not.
According to LEVEL, whenever you catch a missile and throw it back at the enemy (as shown in the new pics) it's done through QTEs, so the flying parts may be as well.

Mar

I really want this game to do well for Platinum. In my opinion they are one of the greatest devs out there and churn out hit after hit. Absolutely perfect games. But for one big problem, no one buys them.

This is their most obvious attempt at trying to appeal to a western audience. The EDGE interview confirmed that it's their goal, and that they really need a big seller. Platinum are dying to appeal to the greater western audience but I'm afraid they might not find their hit here. For two reasons:

No online (co-op or deathmatch)
No blood (robots go boom)

Two things I couldn't give a shit about in the games I like. But I have a sinking feeling it's going to mean another mediocre seller on these shores for Platinum.

Replicant said:
It looks like a mech version of "End of Eternity" ("Resonance of Fate"). Some of the shots look like the 'Hero action'/'Resonance attack' sequences in that other game.

This in real time:

vfi93s.jpg

+ Bayonetta?

My god.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Sweet fuckin' sliding ..I want him to slide into my asshole :D

Mikami opens the conference by saying "Is there anyone from IGN here? Thanks for that God Hand review".
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom