• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pokémon game to be announced in May [Arcade Game Announced, Maybe Not The Same]

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
wwm0nkey said:
GameFreak where the first to get the 3DS dev kits and they where probably working on this a long side White/Black.

Yes, I'm sure this is the 3DS enhanced version of B/W. However, that doesn't mean re-releasing the game a year later with probably some additions outside of that doesn't sit well with me. It didn't sit well with me with Platinum either.

wwm0nkey

TheSeks said:
Yes, I'm sure this is the 3DS enhanced version of B/W. However, that doesn't mean re-releasing the game a year later with probably some additions outside of that doesn't sit well with me. It didn't sit well with me with Platinum either.
Well I actually wouldn't mind a Pokemon XD like fully 3D remake of Black/White. I would prefer a Pokemon game that just combines all the regions though, or a remake a Yellow.

nli10

Trading Card Game 3DS to go with the new sets & to show the AR cards without diluting the Pokemon B&W DS sales effect.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I don't think they've ever teased a spin-off Pokémon announcement. They always just come up without notice.

This is probably the third version of Gen V.

Effect

Pokemon Gray 3DS is most likely I think. Though Pokemon Trading Card Game... game would be interesting. I'd go with 3DS as well or maybe Wii if they can make an central online location for internet play ala Magic the Gathering. Though that might not be doable on the Wii at the moment with it's setup. Unknown for the 3DS though. Either way a Pokemon 3DS along with Maro Kart 3DS will certainly move Nintendo 3DS units in a big way come this holiday seasons in all markets.

Jintor

Pokemon Snap 3DS. I WANT IT NOW. Totally new of course, and also somehow utilising the camera functionality. COME ON. MY BODY CAN TAKE IT.

Roto13

On one hand, announcing Gray now would kill interest in Black and White. On the other hand, I can see them wanting to get Gray out early so they can release it as a DS game instead of a 3DS game.

It's probably Rangers or Mystery Dungeon or something, though.

Brazil

Hex said:
Probably the card game on the website going out of beta and getting an official release
... No.

New game, man.

Roto13 said:
On one hand, announcing Gray now would kill interest in Black and White. On the other hand, I can see them wanting to get Gray out early so they can release it as a DS game instead of a 3DS game.
Pokémon Gold/Silver: 1999
Pokémon Crystal: 2000

Pokémon Diamond/Pearl: 2007
Pokémon Platinum: 2008

It's not "early". It's exactly as expected.

Roto13 said:

Eh? It would make far more sense to release it as a 3DS game to boost 3DS sales.

Grey DS, or a 3DS spinoff (either eShop or retail). 3DS could certainly use Grey as an exclusive right now, but it's just too early for it to get a proper Pokemon game, provided franchise history is any indication.

Brazil said:
... No.

New game, man.

Pokémon Gold/Silver: 1999
Pokémon Crystal: 2000

Pokémon Diamond/Pearl: 2006

It's not "early". It's exactly as expected.

Fixed the date for you.

How about Pokémon Pinball B&W :)

Effect

Roto13 said:

It's probably Rangers or Mystery Dungeon or something, though.

Nah. If Gray has something Black and White don't and they interact together, they'll still say due to that alone. If sales and Black and White slow that isn't going to be a bad thing considering how much money they've made so far. It's all profit now for Nintendo.

Brazil

MidnightScott said:
Fixed the date for you.

How about Pokémon Pinball B&W :)
Oh yeah. Still.

Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver: 2009
Pokémon Black/White: 2010
Pokémon Gray: 2011

Hato-kun

Pokemon Rainbow. A new massive Pokemon game containing every single Pokemon, a massive explorable world that's made up of all the different regions and it'll be on Project Cafe in glorious 1080p.

Hato-kun said:
Pokemon Rainbow. A new massive Pokemon game containing every single Pokemon, a massive explorable world that's made up of all the different regions and it'll be on Project Cafe in glorious 1080p.
That's not going to happen. Nintendo and Game Freak don't like our money.

Hato-kun said:

That will never happen though. :(

Instead of Gray I would love to see another spin-off game first. I have a feeling it's probably the Wii game ala Stadium/Colosseum/Battle Revolution so you can play with your BW Pokémon in 3D.

Vanille

AceBandage said:
Eh? It would make far more sense to release it as a 3DS game to boost 3DS sales.

Pokemon is like Dragon Quest, Nintendo only cares about selling as many copies as possible. Grey will be a DS game if it's released this year.

GaussTek

Nintendo-4Life said:
It's the console game. Didn't they talk about this before though?

Yep, my bet too. A few months ago, when they (re-)announced the Kirby (Hal Lab) game for Wii, they said there also was a Pokémon game coming for Wii.

I'm going with Grey for 3DS. Make it 3D, take advantage of spot pass and street pass, play coins, ect. It's just what Nintendo needs to get 3DS sales going.

Refugio

I'll go with new mystrery dungeon game cause it's been awhile since we got one and I want a new one. :p.

Takao said:
If it's in Dengeki and not CoroCoro you can rule out anything major.

Ambrella's next game maybe?

I'd say a R/S remake rather than Gra/ey. Only because I don't see them making a new engine for R/S, but revamping Gra/ey's for the 3DS. Either way, if it's a mainline game, I'm down.

Big One

Banned
A new Pokemon Wii game was announced at the last briefing via Iwata alongside Kirby Wii, Pandora's Tower, etc. It's probably that.

Alrus

The Broken Ska Record said:
I'd say a R/S remake rather than Gra/ey. Only because I don't see them making a new engine for R/S, but revamping Gra/ey's for the 3DS. Either way, if it's a mainline game, I'm down.

I don't think they'd do two generation remakes on the same platform though. Plus nobody cares about R/S :p

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Takao said:
If it's in Dengeki and not CoroCoro you can rule out anything major.

I think they also teased a new pokemon game in CoroCoro 1-2 weeks ago - Mystery Dungeon or a new Rannger game iirc.

take your pick:

• i'm shocked
  • you're kidding
  • another pokemon?
  • what
  • 3D or bust
  • where's my X sequel
  • how many this time?
  • day 1
  • and the sun rose in the east

Huff

Banned
Big One said:
A new Pokemon Wii game was announced at the last briefing via Iwata alongside Kirby Wii, Pandora's Tower, etc. It's probably that.

Nah, more likely that any console pokemon game in development now be on the wii 2. Especially if it launches this fall, like some of the rumors say it will.

Pokemon Gray it is. On the 3DS.

TreIII

video game adaptation of TCG please. I loved that GBC version, and still am a bit salty that we never got the sequel.

Big One said:

Most specifically, Iwata mentioned that new Wii and 3DS Pokemon games were underway, but I agree with a Wii game coming before a 3DS game. Especially with Cafe seemingly around the corner, they would wanna try and get one last one out the door, and the 3DS just got started, so plenty of time to make a 3DS game.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
TreIII said:
video game adaptation of TCG please. I loved that GBC version, and still am a bit salty that we never got the sequel.

But there is a sequel.. and a rough translation patch too.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
If they want to raise 3DS sales, they should release the next mainline game on 3DS. Pokemon has always proven to be a massive system seller, and Pokemon is probably better than Mario and Zelda at moving handhelds worldwide.

Blizzard

Banned
MasterShotgun said:
If they want to raise 3DS sales, they should release the next mainline game on 3DS. Pokemon has always proven to be a massive system seller, and Pokemon is probably better than Mario and Zelda at moving handhelds worldwide.
I seem to recall finally buying my first DS (DS lite) because of diamond and pearl were released. I'm not sure even Pokemon is enough to push me past the 3DS price tag though. We'll see. >_>

Top Bottom