• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pokemon: Turtonator

Calm Mind

Nibel has made me love him.

CqKJDeQWYAAJ2_t.mp4

batfax

I like it! So is it possible to make a full team of turtle Pokemon yet?

You've SORT OF been able to for a while

Avalugg
Torterra
Blastoise
Torkoal
Carracosta
and arguably Shuckle, Lapras, and Golem. Turtonator removes whatever it is people consider ambiguous about them though. Could definitely use some type variety though.

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
It's okay

Considering there aren't a whole lot of 'mons this gen I really like, this one would likely end up on my team, though I'd worry about having too many Fire if I choose Litten. Honestly I'd just ditch any Starter given to me.

Well shit, most of my team besides this cheeky bastard would be island mutant Gen 1 Pokemon.

Busaiku

Avalugg
Torterra
Blastoise
Torkoal
Carracosta
and arguably Shuckle, Lapras, and Golem. Turtonator removes whatever it is people consider ambiguous about them though. Could definitely use some type variety though.
Avalugg's not a turtle/tortoise.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Huh, I forgot about Lapras

but I guess I consider something a turtle if it is a reptile and could hide in its shell

NathanS

I think this sums up my feelings on all the complaining about a pokemon based on a not convetional pretty or cool turtule is bad for not being conventionally pretty or cool:

every time I see someone make a video critiquing ugly Pokemon designs they always get fucking salty over Pokemon that were clearly purposefully meant to be ugly like wow buddie I wouldn’t have known that assforaface, the ugliness pokemon, was gross looking without your scathing critique on how it should instead be a generic anime wolf, thank you so much

Getting some strong Bowser vibes with that snapping turtle influence. I'd believe it if you called it Alolan Magmar.

It's fugly, but I kind of like it! Fun name too

Oooh you people saying Matamata are spot on as well. That explains the neck for sure.

Keyouta

I love the info summaries of the new Pokemon this Gen. I hope the dex entries are this detailed. One thing I haven't liked about previous games is the one or two sentence descriptions.

hideous. make fire types great again. how could all the cute fire types still be gen 1 only. it's like there's a rule now that fire types have to be hideous.

freoleo29

Surprisingly one of my favs

and this is coming from someone who hated the druddigon design

May even get a spot on my team if it isn't trash in battles, however my ingame team I usually run a bunch of speedy mons over bulky ones so I dunno, Salandit has fire covered and Exegutor has dragon too so tough decisions coming up

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I like the design except the colour scheme. That red yellow clash is nasty.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member

Avalugg
Torterra
Blastoise
Torkoal
Carracosta

Torkoal is a tortoise, as is Torterra.

Top Bottom