• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Polls: Trump rises in GOP primary, trails Hillary 51-37 in head to head matchup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerium

Muslim Ban

-1x-1.jpg

South Carolina

CV0mUj1U4AAx1Vt.jpg

Joe Scarborough ‏@JoeNBC 7h7 hours ago
South Carolina GOP Poll
(post-Muslim Ban proposal)

Trump 35%
Carson 15%
Cruz 14%
Rubio 14%
Jeb 5%
Did somebody say POLLS

From St Leo's:

Florida

GOP Primary

Donald Trump 31
Marco Rubio 15
Jeb Bush 14
Ben Carson 11
Ted Cruz 10

Dem Primary

Hillary Clinton 59
Bernie Sanders 27

Presidential Race

Clinton 49 Trump 41
Clinton 49 Rubio 41
Clinton 51 Carson 39
Clinton 47 Bush 38
Clinton 53 Cruz 35
Clinton 55 Fiorina 30

Presidential Race + Trump Card

Clinton 48 Fiorina 13 Trump 31
Clinton 46 Cruz 21 Trump 26
Clinton 46 Carson 20 Trump 28
Clinton 45 Rubio 22 Trump 28
Clinton 42 Bush 19 Trump 33

National

GOP primary

Donald Trump 29
Ben Carson 14
Marco Rubio 11
Jeb Bush 11
Ted Cruz 9
Carly FiLOLina 1

Dem primary

Hillary Clinton 59
Bernie Sanders 24

Presidential Race

Clinton 51 Carson 38
Clinton 49 Rubio 38
Clinton 51 Trump 37
Clinton 52 Cruz 36
Clinton 49 Bush 35
Clinton 51 Fiorina 32

Presidential Race + Trump Card

Clinton 45 Cruz 20 Trump 26
Clinton 45 Fiorina 15 Trump 30
Clinton 44 Carson 20 Trump 26
Clinton 43 Rubio 22 Trump 26
Clinton 43 Bush 20 Trump 30

As a side note, St. Leo's reports to the decimal number. I do not. Everything is rounded up or down (.0-.4 goes down, .5-.9 goes up).

Alright, they put in the first post-Yorktown poll

TIpLon6.png

Are OT threads just going to be copy-pastes of Poligaf posts now?

After so many "Trump leading in ___ poll" threads there's very little left to say.

We need a damn megathread for this. It's clogging the OT board.

stop being a dummy!

Trump is a great person, just a great, great person who knows how to make America great again!

He's making the OT board good, we should be happy to have such a great person constantly on the top of the OT board!

We need a damn megathread for this. It's clogging the OT board.

Eh. Relevant news is relevant news regardless of who it's about. As long as it isn't something stupid like Trump getting pecked by a bald eagle or how he's part of a Democrat conspiracy it probably deserves a new thread.

Mortemis

Banned
Eh. Relevant news is relevant news regardless of who it's about. As long as it isn't something stupid like Trump getting pecked by a bald eagle or how he's part of a Democrat conspiracy it probably deserves a new thread.

I get that and don't think we should put all Trump threads into one, but do we really need daily update threads on how the GOP is polling?

samn

stop being a dummy!

Trump is a great person, just a great, great person who knows how to make America great again!

He's making the OT board good, we should be happy to have such a great person constantly on the top of the OT board!

Lots of people here are being very nasty!

Mii

Banned
There goes Hill-dawg and Bill playing their dirty politics again.

First it was getting their pal Ross Perot to run.

This time its Donald Trump, their best friend they had at their daughter's wedding.

Those +Trump Card numbers are ridiculously pathetic for the GOP.

Machina

Banned
This is going to be like the UK election where the polls were mostly wrong. I'm willing to bet a substantial amount there's a lot of shy Trump voters out there. A lot.

Nnnope. I refuse to believe, I cannot bring myself to believe that that cunt has a bigger following than he does. I can't accept that reality.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
so is trump banking on the average voter having the memory of a goldfish and once he gets the nomination he's going to mellow down a bit? i could see mr. teflon pull that off.

Forkball

"Should we ban Muslims from entering the country?"

This is an actual political issue in the United States of America in the year of our lord 2015.

This is going to be like the UK election where the polls were mostly wrong. I'm willing to bet a substantial amount there's a lot of shy Trump voters out there. A lot.

There isn't some "hidden" demographic that subscribes to Trump's idiocy that has never shown up to polls, rallies, or shitty YouTube comment sections. The man isn't creating a new group of people, he's just milking the loud ultra-right minority for all they're worth. Appealing to the far-right has never won elections. Moderate swing voters are the ones to decide elections.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
So many stupid, idiotic, racist, idiotic people in the US (well, in the world) that even after spewing commentary inspired by such hatred towards the "other" Trump managed to have increased support afforded to him. Un-fucking-believable.

stop being a dummy!

OT has never been this classy and luxurious. And you have Trump to thank!

NoRéN;188663108 said:
Oh no! It's taking up space from threads about people "having sex" with cucumbers and then eating those cucumbers for breakfast as well as other gut-churning personal stories!

Fixed that for you...

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Just in case you didn't understand why the Republican establishment is so terrified of Trump.

Yes, please.

They are, but it doesn't matter who the candidate is, people here will start diablosing anyways once an actual candidate gets picked and Hillary's numbers vs. [candidate] start to close despite the fact its readily apparent those leads can't last when the entire GOP electorate is united behind a single guy.

I'm curious on what Fox News makes of ask this considering they don't want him as a candidate but they need to fit the narrative
What Fox News should do is stop reporting on him. That's a key source to his power but if Fox News snubbed him and stopped airing his daily antics, poll numbers, discussing him, etc. They could hurt his popularity a lot more given they are a major news source for a lot of people.

USA presidential polling is probably one of the most, if not the most, accurate in the world. American pollsters have mastered the art. The sheer volume means that any noise is drowned out by the law of averages. There will be variations but surprise upsets like that are very rare unless the race is very, very close. Even then, the polls will still show how very close it is.

pa22word

I'd be down with a mega thread if it would mean all the usual idiots from abroad would be contained in one thread. You know, the usual suspects who're doomsaying because a guy who is polling a fraction of a fraction of the American polity that has gotten their ass handed to them in two straight elections is going to win. Because the American political system can be learned by reading headlines on gaf, apparently ;)

linsivvi

I understand the desire for some to start a new thread whenever Trump says something insulting (which is everyday) or announces a new policy proposal.

I really don't think we need a new Trump thread for each new poll though. That's just silly.

Brinbe

Good to see Hillary hold it down against Rubio. He's realistically the only one who has a chance to become the Pres out of the GOP's crop of candidates.

Vanish

I hate it when people bitch about threads. Don't like it then don't post in it and ignore it. You're just giving the topic more attention by posting. Let the mods worry about it if it's really not threadworthy and move on. No need to shit up the thread.

Herbs

Banned
I hate it when people bitch about threads. Don't like it then don't post in it and ignore it. You're just giving the topic more attention by posting. Let the mods worry about it if it's really not threadworthy and move on. No need to shit up the thread.

pretty much. unless they were pulled in by a shitty click bait thread title, gtfo.

pa22word

Good to see Hillary hold it down against Rubio. He's realistically the only one who has a chance to become the Pres out of the GOP's crop of candidates.
Rubio's likely just using this as a warm up drive for next time around. He's young enough to survive until 2020/24 and try and pull a Regan once the party regroups. Electoral math doesn't look good for anyone this time around on the gop side, and unless Hilary just totally bombs her first term with tons of scandals and/or a random war I don't see the right overcoming their issues by the next cycle to pull it out.

It's going to take some real soul searching for the gop to sit itself down and lay out a new platform, because at the moment the nation just doesn't want what they're serving anymore. Eventually it'll trickle down to the state level too, and then it'll be too late. Neoliberalism blew up in their faces hard during the bush years to the point I don't think they can ever take the presidency again unless they swing to the center a bit and accept that having some form of a centralized government can actually work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom