• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New PS3 Model (CECH-4000) Registered on FCC (Jeff_Rigby alert)

KalBalboa

Banned
Sony package new games all the time dont they?

If we're expecting a $199 PS3 with two games... I don't know if I'd bet money on one of those games being $60. Who knows, though.

Gran Turismo...that was actually mentioned in the TGS Sony conference thread.

Is Gran Turismo being rumored or is that simply one of the two games many are speculating on? I could see GT5 and Uncharted 3 being the two-pack.

Yeah not to mention all the package Vita bundles they announced.

They announced a wonderbook bundle already as well.

True I guess we have to wait and see.

If anything I would assume it would be at least one of the folllowing

1) playstation all stars
2) uncharted 3
3) assassin creed 3
4) heavy rain (for some odd reason)
5) Little Big Planet xyz

and maybe toss an HD collection there somewhere

One this is for sure... black Friday PS3 bundles this year are going to be insane.

I was trying so hard to wait till Black Friday to buy a ps3. CAved in and bought a 320gig 2 weeks ago for 280 including tax (came with MW3 which I sold for 30 bucks and uncharted 3)

Averon

A PSABR bundle with the new PS Slim should be obvious. But this is Sony we're talking about, so I'm not that confident they'll do it.

KalBalboa

Banned
A PSABR bundle with the new PS Slim should be obvious. But this is Sony we're talking about, so I'm not that confident they'll do it.

We'll see. A $199 PS3 with a $60 PlayStation All-Stars + another ~$30 game would mean almost half the cost was for games. Maybe the $250 package?

Loudninja

They are going to focus on Battle Royale and Wonderbook for the holiday I am sure.

Yeah I except higher price models to include the new games, the lower price ones will get you something to wet you appetite.

Yeah Playstation allstars will not be in the lowest one I think.

We're talking 60 dollar game, which is fine. But then there is the free vita version that comes with it.

I can see it being in the 250gig or 500gig.

If Playstation all stars is going to be in the bundle then I'm still happy with my purchase of the 320gig since I'll get getting allstars for 45 bucks.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Gran Turismo...that was actually mentioned in the TGS Sony conference thread.

For the 12GB model, I'd see something like LBP2 and LBP Karting

GT5 seems like an odd choice considering the install size, it would literally eat all the space on the 16GB model unless they put out some updated version, I could totally see LBP or something similar considering the audience they will be aiming for with the cheaper models.

Yeah not to mention all the package Vita bundles they announced.

They seem to have a wonderbook bundle already as well.

True I guess we have to wait and see.

A $250 bundle of the 16GB model and the Wonderbook/Move bundle seems pretty obvious to most of Gaf so hopefully it is obvious to Sony as well, but some of these things do fly over their heads, lol.

I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't a PSAS bundle, seems like the sort of game they would try to sell to as many people as possible at full price, I imagine Sony are betting a lot on it with all the licensing they would have had to sort out.

KalBalboa

Banned
What's also worth considering, in terms of pack-ins, is how ridiculously cheap all their major titles got this year. The Ico Collection, Jak Collection, GT5, and Uncharted 3 are all at $20, MSRP. Every God of War game is now $40, same with inFamous.

so basically $200 for 12/16 gig, $250 for 250gig and $300 for 500gig right?

All coming bundled with 2 games.

That would be a mistake IMO. It's fine to have game bundles for the holidays, but they need an entry/bare bones SKUs for the cheapest price possible. That $169/$179 16GB SKU sounded like it would have been a huge seller.

KalBalboa

Banned
That would be a mistake IMO. It's fine to have game bundles for the holidays, but they need an entry/bare bones SKUs for the cheapest price possible. That $169/$179 16GB SKU sounded like it would have been a huge seller.

I agree. If it were me I'd offer this alongside two other bundles with bigger hard drives and pack-ins. Bottom-line means a lot these days, just look at the 360 Arcade.

Mario007

GT5 seems like an odd choice considering the install size, it would literally eat all the space on the 16GB model unless they put out some updated version, I could totally see LBP or something similar considering the audience they will be aiming for with the cheaper models.

A $250 bundle of the 16GB model and the Wonderbook/Move bundle seems pretty obvious to most of Gaf so hopefully it is obvious to Sony as well, but some of these things do fly over their heads, lol.

The new academy edition has everything on disc, as far as I know.

And yeah that Wonderbook bundle is the most obvious thing ever and if Sony does do it, expect it to be sold out pretty fast.

Is Gran Turismo being rumored or is that simply one of the two games many are speculating on? I could see GT5 and Uncharted 3 being the two-pack.

It was mentioned by a GAFer in the other thread. There's also supposively a Fifa bundle for the 500GB version incoming.

Elios83

so basically $200 for 12/16 gig, $250 for 250gig and $300 for 500gig right?

All coming bundled with 2 games.

I believe that those will be the price points for the holiday season bundles. Of course the games bundled will be classics (things like Uncharted 3, Gran Turismo 5, God of War 3, Little Big Planet 2 and so on).

BKK

Whatever the flash size but what I'm very curious is where the flash will be, What happen to flash data if start to use own HHD?
I won't be surprise there is no more easy HHD slot on the new model.

Or some of OS data will reserve and perm on flash on every new models. Some left over on flash or/and HHD can be use for consumers.

I'm sure all models will retain a HDD slot, support for two internal storage mediums should be achieved with a simple FW update.

They could possibly put the full FW on the 16GB flash, eliminating the need for the 16MB Nor flash currently used for the CoreOS. This would either require two slightly different mobos (one with 16GB flash, one with 16MB nor flash), or for all new models to include 16GB flash. It would come down to whether the manufacturing cost benefits of a single mobo outweighs the additional cost of 16GB flash over 16MB nor flash (I guess not).

Part of the internal HDD is reserved for the OS and FW, so maybe that's where the discrepancy (12GB/16GB) is coming from.

Well since I was next door to gamestop I just went in and asked if he knew anything about the new PS3 and he said he heard about it but nothing in the system yet for them. BTW, how soon between announcement and release was the slim?

Mario007

Well since I was next door to gamestop I just went in and asked if he knew anything about the new PS3 and he said he heard about it but nothing in the system yet for them. BTW, how soon between announcement and release was the slim?

We're guessing it'll be out by the end of the month.

Musiol

Sony WILL focus on Wonderbook very very much. I know this from Sony rep when I talked to him at gamescom. He said that Wonderbook is number one in their marketing budget, after this - PSABR and later big AAA titles. So new PS Slim with Wonderbook is likely so much.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Sony WILL focus on Wonderbook very very much. I know this from Sony rep when I talked to him at gamescom. He said that Wonderbook is number one in their marketing budget, after this - PSABR and later big AAA titles. So new PS Slim with Wonderbook is likely so much.

I feel like the motion control ship has sailed.

Musiol

I feel like the motion control ship has sailed.

They want really adapt family gaming style to bring fresh blood before new generations and more games focused PS Vita. I know this is for Polish market, but I think it's probably for whole Euroland, not sure about USA or Japan.

MARNEY

I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't a PSAS bundle, seems like the sort of game they would try to sell to as many people as possible at full price, I imagine Sony are betting a lot on it with all the licensing they would have had to sort out.
A 16GB model bundled with a nasne for 350$ for north America would be amazing.

Takao

Banned

RIP Vita

V_Ben

Banned

Aye. That WILL be their big holiday bundle, and they are going to market the shit out of it. And it might even be one of the hottest holiday games. I already have people asking me about "that PlayStation Harry potter game", so it shouldn't be too hard to make that one a success.

But, you know, Sony.

Aye. That WILL be their big holiday bundle, and they are going to market the shit out of it. And it might even be one of the hottest holiday games. I already have people asking me about "that PlayStation Harry potter game", so it shouldn't be too hard to make that one a success.

But, you know, Sony.

I bet something out of the following will happen with Wonderbook:

1) A mess up in production causes printing delay. Game gets delayed one week before the official release date.
2) A religiously insulting text is found on page 32, Sony decides to delay the game for 2 months in order to fix it.
3) Sony underships.
4) Marketing involves crying babies.
5) BBC dinasour game involves battling giant crabs.

Man

I bet the two pack in games (assuming this turns out true) aren't Blu-ray titles at all.
It will be a download voucher to get new customers on PSN and it will be two games that fit on 12GB of storage simultaneously.

I say Fl0wer and an action packed (but family friendly) DL game.
I'm guessing Journey is still too high on the charts to be sacrificing sales on.

Dust 514 is Teen rated, F2P MMO shooter, an exclusive and a hardcore game, maybe they will promote that one as well.

I bet the two pack in games (assuming this turns out true) aren't Blu-ray titles at all.
It will be a download voucher to get new customers on PSN and it will be two games that fit on 12GB of storage simultaneously.

I say Fl0wer and an action packed (but family friendly) DL game.
I'm guessing Journey is still too high on the charts to be sacrificing sales on.

Dust 514 is Teen rated, F2P MMO shooter, an exclusive and a hardcore game, maybe they will promote that one as well.

Dust won't be out for a while. Can't get into details.. NDA... but... yeah... lol.

I don't think "Starting at $179" is psychologically much better than "Starting at $199."

$169 is getting there, but still not a huge improvement.

Unless they can get out a $149 SKU, I think it's really just reducing the profit they'd make. Especially now that they know the Wii U isn't going to be $250.

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
They probably are but the actual date is from some polish retailer.

Misterhbk

Hard drive model with 2 games at $199. That's the kind of price cut I was looking for. Leaves room for 12GB Slim in the $149-169 range.

Technically it's 3 games. The first is the uncharted dual pack. Either way tho, getting the entire uncharted series and a ps3 for 199 is amazing.

I don't count Uncharted 1 cause I can't get past the Jet Ski stuff.
3AQmK.gif

Raoh

I don't count Uncharted 1 cause I can't get past the Jet Ski stuff.
3AQmK.gif

Just slow down, its not jet moto

shoot barrels before you get near them and take out enemies as you approach, especially the ones that maybe perched up high, those were the ones that usually got me

Top Bottom