• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New PS5 with Horizon Forbidden West bundle

SLB1904

Banned
Yeah but i have a friend that bought one like last Wednesday from there and he already has the PS5 at home with him so clearly they do have them that's the thing.

edit: This was the bundle he bought...it's now out of stock. But it was available for days and he bought it not even on its first day.
I don't doubt he did. What I'm saying even when they have no stock it will show in stock due to ore orders. Argos never show ps5 out of stock

Ozriel

M$FT
You are not going to have much luck stumbling across PS5 in stock on Amazon. I bought mine at regular price at Best Buy. I used nowinstock.net and an app called "Hot Stock" to alert me when it was in stock. As @Ass of Can Whooping said, there is also discord. Having said that, the last 10 weeks have been probably been the worst time for anyone looking to buy a PS5. Sony announced stock levels would improve this year though so your chances should improve.

Nowinstock helped me get my second PS5. Camped out on the telegram until I got the notification.

It wasn’t much use when I tried to get a GPU. Seems like the bots get their alerts faster, so I was beaten to the deal every single time.

Topher

Gold Member
Nowinstock helped me get my second PS5. Camped out on the telegram until I got the notification.

It wasn’t much use when I tried to get a GPU. Seems like the bots get their alerts faster, so I was beaten to the deal every single time.

Same here. I had funds allocated for GPU and was going to wait on consoles. After months of trying to get my hands on a GPU, I finally gave up and went ahead and got PS5 and XSX. A hell of a lot easier, but still had to work for it. GPU market was a joke. I was about to write off PC gaming, but finally some sense of sanity returned.

blastprocessor

The Amiga Brotherhood
Shame the game is worse than the first one. Hope they fixed the shimmer in perf mode by the time people can get hold of a pack.

blastprocessor

The Amiga Brotherhood
Hard disagree, it’s improved in almost every way IMO. What do you consuder ”worse”? Maybe less impactful, but worse?
I should have mentioned the story just didn't grab me like the first game. I got bored of FW, seems to be swamped with side content to the detriment of the main campaign.

skit_data

I should have mentioned the story just didn't grab me like the first game. I got bored of FW, seems to be swamped with side content to the detriment of the main campaign.
I can understand that, the story wasn’t as strong as in Zero Dawn and it ending on a cliffhanger made it feel less cohesive.

jm89

Scalpers with alot of stock sweating bullets right now. If you go on ebay some of these mofos are selling at a loss or making enough profit to buy a bag of peanuts from tescos.

Some of these fools even trying to resell the horizon bundle lmao, the shit is getting regulary stocked at retailers.

Last edited:
Hard disagree, it’s improved in almost every way IMO. What aspects do you consider ”worse”? Maybe less impactful, but worse?
Worse story (and I have yet to finish it), worse climbing, no shimmering on the first game. It has clean amazing visuals to it and somehow here it's everywhere, even on PS5 (whatever they did with the decima engine backfired). Like you can tell they have detailed assets but are covered by some weird output solution that just didn't work out. Unnecessary and bad mini games like the pits. There's the "this is a sequel so let's do more of everything" that makes the game tiring and bloated like a Ubisoft game. Lots of repetitive side quests as well. Yes there's more variety...but with so many more side quests here I bet we got as much "follow footprints, fight, go back" as the previous game. It's also unbalanced. Too many weapons that you barely need to use as opposed to the first one that actually felt like everything had a purpose. It's bloated.

The first game made me like videogames again and this one made sure I wouldn't play an open world game for the next year.

Last edited:

skit_data

Worse story (and I have yet to finish it), worse climbing, no shimmering on the first game. It has clean amazing visuals to it and somehow here it's everywhere, even on PS5 (whatever they did with the decima engine backfired). Like you can tell they have detailed assets but are covered by some weird output solution that just didn't work out. Unnecessary and bad mini games like the pits. There's the "this is a sequel so let's do more of everything" that makes the game tiring and bloated like a Ubisoft game. Lots of repetitive side quests as well. Yes there's more variety...but with so many more side quests here I bet we got as much "follow footprints, fight, go back" as the previous game. It's also unbalanced. Too many weapons that you barely need to use as opposed to the first one that actually felt like everything had a purpose. It's bloated.

The first game made me like videogames again and this one made sure I wouldn't play an open world game for the next year.
Can’t say I was bothered by the graphics in the 60fps mode personally, I thought it looked stellar. The Couldrons were much better in FW, but the side quests a bit boring. My only real issue was
introducing the flying mount very late into the main story, would’ve like to have it a bit earlier

Moses85

I feel ripped off now, my PS5 didn't come with anything :goog_crying:
No cables, no dualsense?

Warner Bros Lol GIF by Joker Movie

Btw, the Bundle is 579 EUR

Three

All of the twitter threads touching on the sales of Horizon FW is plastered with people saying the game ”sold badly therefore they’re bundling it”. The fuck is this, when did this shit become an argument?

I’ve never ever heard this being brought up in regards to a games sales ever before, but this game in particular seems to have brought out about a new inventive way of downplaying a games sales.

It’s interesting to see such a nonsensical reasoning spread so fast and with such a consistent messaging by such a large amount of people.
Wait till they find out Forza (Motorsport and Horizon) has always been bundled with xbox'. Not to mention NPD doesn't even include bundles in their stats. They want to paint the picture of a bad game. Even though it was received well, and sold well.

Top Bottom