• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New PSP slim colors (blue, lavender, pink) for Japan

psychodoodle said:
$250 USD? sometimes $50 USD games?

Here in mexico, sometimes they still charge $699 pesos a game. Thats like $67 USD.

There you go. Glad to be of some assistance.

edit: Oh yeah, I bought mine launch day. It cost me $3600 pesos. Like $350 USD.
Well it's $199CAD now and I still walk away because it's to much for a hand held. $150 is the most I'd go for.

Weird how Nintendo is always getting pricing right.

seanoff

CrushDance said:
Well it's $199CAD now and I still walk away because it's to much for a hand held. $150 is the most I'd go for.

Yes, Nintendo always pushing the boat out when it comes to packing in tech. :-( (this is not a knock against their current touch and wand strategy, purely a tech argument)

Nintendo build to a price, Sony sort of pack in as much tech as is possible, take losses for a while and charge less than what it costs them initially.

cvxfreak

omg rite said:
That's what I'm deciding.

What day in Japan will these slim colors be out and what day will the CC pack be out?

Slim PSP launches on 9/20.

...but the Crisis Core pack lands on 9/13.

The internal RAM upgrade is great once new games start using it it will be awesome for battery life and loading speeds.

My question:

Will they enable the PSP browser to utilize the extra RAM if you have a new PSP? I'd love to see less "out of memory" errors when I'm using the web browser...

mollipen

The new pink is really nice, compared to the terrible shade of pink that was used before for the PSP. And Europe is getting these too? Man, you suck SCEA.

seanoff said:
Yes, Nintendo always pushing the boat out when it comes to packing in tech. :-( (this is not a knock against their current touch and wand strategy, purely a tech argument)

Nintendo build to a price, Sony sort of pack in as much tech as is possible, take losses for a while and charge less than what it costs them initially.
Yeah you're right. I really like Sony products though, just not rich enough to afford them :p

CrushDance said:

Im not gonna get into that one. But yes, the price is expensive.

I would also love to have a PS3, but I wont be able to afford it in a couple of YEARS.

...Really.

womfalcs3

Banned
I'm tempted to go black because I'll mainly use it in conjunction with the PS3 so they can match.... but I do love the look of silver.

pswii60

psychodoodle said:

I would also love to have a PS3, but I wont be able to afford it in a couple of YEARS.

...Really.

Kutaragi says: Get yourself a better job and work overtime. There is no excuse for not being able to afford a PS3 apart from laziness.

Hmm... I told myself that I didn't need a new PSP slim...but these pics are mighty tempting. Now I need to decided if I want a Crisis Core pack (matches my silver psp) or get that light blue one - but the blue/grey/purple color looks pretty cool too. Guess I'll have to see one in person before I bite.

uccello said:
It looks like it just lost it's love handles? Is that actually better? I figure it's less to hold on to.

FatGirl_FatFriday_Swimsuit_10Nov06.jpg

wanna come for a swim?

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
i can't believe how unnecessary this revision is....i thought they were going to shake up the design much more than this, and make it feel a required upgrade. little disappointed.

StranGER

i have seen the dates for release for everywhere except the U.S. ? does anyone know if it will be out here by Aug ?

el Diablo

Banned
psychodoodle said:

...Really.

Not to defend the PS3 price because i agree it is expensive but seriously if you want one even making minimum wage and only working 15 hours a week you could easily afford one by christmas.

Guess i just think it's laughable when i hear people say it'll be "years" before they can afford one, do you people not work and only get money from Daddy and Mommy or something (if you're like 12 or something i totally understand and agree)? If it's cause you're married with kids or something i can understand but even then i'm sure you've got stuff you can cut back on to start a slush fund. Hell back in college i stopped smoking for 6 mos and saved like $400 right there (which ended up going to drinking lol).

el Diablo said:
Not to defend the PS3 price because i agree it is expensive but seriously if you want one even making minimum wage and only working 15 hours a week you could easily afford one by christmas.

Guess i just think it's laughable when i hear people say it'll be "years" before they can afford one, do you people not work and only get money from Daddy and Mommy or something (if you're like 12 or something i totally understand and agree)? If it's cause you're married with kids or something i can understand but even then i'm sure you've got stuff you can cut back on to start a slush fund. Hell back in college i stopped smoking for 6 mos and saved like $400 right there lol.

Diferent economies dude. I live in mexico. They charge $8999 pesos here, like $850 USD.
Besides, gaming is not my main hobby. And, Im 28 years old.

But keep on laughing, its good for you!

ZeoVGM

Banned
el Diablo said:

Guess i just think it's laughable when i hear people say it'll be "years" before they can afford one, do you people not work and only get money from Daddy and Mommy or something (if you're like 12 or something i totally understand and agree)? If it's cause you're married with kids or something i can understand but even then i'm sure you've got stuff you can cut back on to start a slush fund. Hell back in college i stopped smoking for 6 mos and saved like $400 right there (which ended up going to drinking lol).

Wow, dude.

Remember folks, ignorance isn't bliss. It's ****ing stupidity.

Doctor_No

and yet more pics. . .

Camparo
h-103_75358_pspsyoumen.jpg.jpg

h-103_75358_pspsingataneetyan.jpg.jpg

h-103_75358_pspnanamecom.jpg.jpg

h-103_75358_pspyoko.jpg.jpg

TV-out
h-103_75358_pspsyuturyoku.jpg.jpg

Crisis Core Box
h-103_75358_pspcysiscore.jpg.jpg

1-seg digital TV
h-103_75358_pspwanseg.jpg.jpg

Watching TV. . .
sce2_04-2.jpg

Enabling UMD cache from menu. . .
sce32.jpg

l_ki_sceipremire02.jpg

el Diablo

Banned
psychodoodle said:
Diferent economies dude. I live in mexico. They charge $8999 pesos here, like $850 USD.
Besides, gaming is not my main hobby. And, Im 28 years old.

But keep on laughing, its good for you!

My bad, missed where you said you were from Mexico. That being the case i totally understand the situation.

omg rite said:

Wow, dude.

Remember folks, ignorance isn't bliss. It's ****ing stupidity.

As for you, well you're welcome to f**k yourself.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
el Diablo said:

Yes, because I am going to save up £425 for a PS3 when that money can go on so many more things that I actually need (A holiday being one, TV, etc etc), the entire reason that the price point is an issue isn't just it's afordability, it's justifying that cost, trust me, anyone here with a family, or aspirations of college/uni/whatever, is going to have a hard time justifying a $600/£425 outlay on a console.

el Diablo said:
As for you, well you're welcome to f**k yourself.

Also, bad move, rise above comments that offend you, now you've just opened yourself right up to further stupidity or a ban, don't lower yourself to it.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
seanoff said:
You're having a bad day Kiriku, look up, that looks like a composite cable to me. As well as S-vid, component and that japanses thing.

:(

But seriously, my question about the screen wasn't really meant to imply he was making shit up - I just wanted to see the source with my own eyes because I really, really want it to be truuuueee!

As for my second statement, I thought I had read somewhere that PSP could only output to a TV in progressive scan through component (hence the "as far as I know"), and for some crazy reason I only saw the component cable pic which someone had replied to earlier in thread. Either I skipped the post will all the different cables, or the pics didn't load for some reason. :(
But yeah, I guess I was wrong then! Not that I mind, more options is obviously good news.

I'll try to keep up from now on. *cries in a corner*

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Jim said:
Yup... a pic from the PS Premiere thing, with Ratchet and Clank playing.

Looking at that screen (with massive black borders and all) makes me wonder (here we go again!), has there been any word on scaling options when playing PSP games on a TV?

Jim

Kiriku said:
Looking at that screen (with massive black borders and all) makes me wonder (here we go again!), has there been any word on scaling options when playing PSP games on a TV?

The set NEXT to it, seems to be scaling it fully (the XMB) and UMD movies are definitely not bordered. They seem to allow a few scaling/stretch options for most media playback on the PSP itself, so I don't see why they wouldn't provide that as well for games.

I have to admit I have little interest in this new revision anyway, they didn't address any of my current complaints with the system.

However, if it turns out that these new models can't be modded, then I have 0 interest in them until they are. I seriously doubt this new caching is better than ripping and playing the games from MS, and besides, I never want to have to lug my games around again.

Maybe Sony hasn't done something to beef up security in the new hardware, but common sense tells me otherwise.

el Diablo said:
My bad, missed where you said you were from Mexico. That being the case i totally understand the situation.

Thanx. And also, minimum wage here is way way worse than it is with you guys.

And, Mr. Zoidberg: Yarr!

Just kidding, I also have it modded. RIP Dark Alex

Jim said:
The set NEXT to it, seems to be scaling it fully (the XMB) and UMD movies are definitely not bordered. They seem to allow a few scaling/stretch options for most media playback on the PSP itself, so I don't see why they wouldn't provide that as well for games.

I hope they do allow stretching the screen when you play games.

Soul4ger

Man, this is ****ing perfect timing with FFVII: CC and Castlevania coming out. I'm pumped as balls for this. I think I'll import the Crisis Core pack. I wonder if Play-Asia has the order up yet.

Gattsu25 said:
I don't have the comparison pics handy, but the new PSP's headphone+remote input is wider than the old's
Any idea if it's the same size as the MiniDisc head/jack connector? It always bothered me how I couldn't use any of my old remotes with the PSP (same connector type, different sizes). Sony's incessant need to introduce more and more proprietary connections every other day has always been annoying and incredibly unnecessary.

kikonawa said:
no hdmi output no buy

:D ok that was pushin it a bit
You'll need a PSP Pelite for that.

Bookey said:
man, wish the psp could play through the ps3 and let it scale the games
That'd be nice. I still have my launch unit, but I may have to bite because of the TV out + component cable option.

Lavender looks nice, reminds me of the old magensium alloy Vaio's. Bordered gaming is a bit of a let down although I did expect it to be that way.

Any further info on the TV out being component only?

Top Bottom