• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Resident Evil Revelations 2 Gameplay

Daigoro

What a cesspool Gaf is becoming lately. So much negativity... in. Every. Single. Thread.

I get that the Internet is an opinionated, and 90% negative, place... but, man. It's like NYC in Ghostbusters 2 around here lately.

Basically, every game is shit. Developers are all just out to screw us and are lazy. Also, everyone's differing opinion from mine can go to hell!

hah. very true. its pretty gross around here lately.

tesqui

If anything the raid mode looks promising! Not sure about the story mode. I wonder how small these episodes will be?

//ARCANUM

Anyone know how necessary it is to play the first Resident Evil Revelations before this one, in terms of story? Is this a standalone story or very much a sequel?

Arklite

As much as this game seems like it's being frankensteined together it's still looking fun. Can't complain about having Claire back in the spotlight either. Moira though, I don't know how fun shes gonna be to coop as.

Last week I've played through RER for the first time ever.

Now I wonder if
Jessica, Parker or that "cadet" with the funny hair
will ever return. Or do you think they'll just never be mentioned again?

Game is priced like telltale games, which explains why it looks so plain and low budget.

As a full price game it would be laughable. If someone is really into resident evil, then this is all they have right? I dont think RE7 is even announced yet.

Resident Evil ended up like the SP final fantasy games, where they just seemed to be paralysed with indecision instead of just creating good games. They could just copy TLOU but with zombies and it would be huge in the west.

Game is priced like telltale games, which explains why it looks so plain and low budget.

As a full price game it would be laughable. If someone is really into resident evil, then this is all they have right? I dont think RE7 is even announced yet.

I just paid a whopping $25 for what will likely amount to a pretty fun experience with a decent amount of content as well as some returning characters that I've been waiting on for a long time now. I don't think everyone wants or needs everything to be "AAA" fare. This is obviously a budget release that can hold folks over until RE7 is announced and it's not going to make anyone go bankrupt either.

AdaWong

Last week I've played through RER for the first time ever.

Now I wonder if
Jessica, Parker or that "cadet" with the funny hair
will ever return. Or do you think they'll just never be mentioned again?
Parker and probably Raymond will get Carlos'd. Jessica, however, is almost a gaurantee to appear again.

Squire

Banned
I just paid a whopping $25 for what will likely amount to a pretty fun experience with a decent amount of content as well as some returning characters that I've been waiting on for a long time now. I don't think everyone wants or needs everything to be "AAA" fare. This is obviously a budget release that can hold folks over until RE7 is announced and it's not going to make anyone go bankrupt either.

This is how I feel. It's a (probably) fun sequel to a game I liked, coming early in the year and at a price that's easy on the wallet.

Not everything needs to be AAA all-or-nothing.

I'm looking forward to this and with how cheap it's on nuuvem it's not like I'll be crying if it turns out to be a disappointment.
I enjoyd Jill's parts in the first game and this definitely looks better to me, especially the enemy designs.

dlauv

I got this game because the full bundle was dirt cheap on nuuvem and I'm a sucker for horror and re. Also because I'm masochistic. This looks to be a bottom of the barrel budgeted last of us clone.

I pre-ordered. I think I'll get a good bit of enjoyment out of it.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I assume the 'heads going pop but not really' thing in the videos is just due to a different version for Japan ? Game looks like a lot of fun to me, must pick it up.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Going to be pissed if those random generics shown in Famitsu take up the other Raid slots.

They'll take up some of them, but there's 15 slots total, and among those 15 we already have Claire, Barry, Wesker, and HUNK, could do a lot worse than that.

We know that Gina Foley is a playable character, she's a girl who dies in the first episode of he game. We also know that Moira Burton will be playable. So out of the 15, we know six for certain.

As we know Gina is playable, the Famitsu article shows three other characters next to her in the scan, so those three are probably playable, to rise the number to 9. Also, we know there's a female main villain, she's probably playable, which would lead to 10. Even with all of these, there's still 5 slots left.

Going to be pissed if those random generics shown in Famitsu take up the other Raid slots.

They will be taking up the other Raid Slots. Just like all the story characters were playable in the first Revelations. Gina is playable: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5dTgEouJsQ

The following characters to be playable in Raid Mode: Claire, Moira, Barry, HUNK, Wesker, Gina, Pedro, Neil and Gabriel. There are still 6 unrevealed characters.

Have any alternate costumes been revealed? Would be cool to be able to play as RE2/CV Claire and RE1 Barry.

Found this:

tumblr_njyp7iKVLW1tei0seo1_1280.jpg

Probably paid bonus costumes ? Can someone translate this ?

Also how do you get those alternate outfits for Claire and Barry (see pictures below) ?

A100051211010_sub3.jpg
A100051231010_sub3.jpg

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Found this:

tumblr_njyp7iKVLW1tei0seo1_1280.jpg

Probably paid bonus costumes ? Can someone translate this ?

Also how do you get those alternate outfits for Claire and Barry (see pictures below) ?

A100051211010_sub3.jpg
A100051231010_sub3.jpg

First I've seen of those top ones, and those two costumes below I know were part of some clothing line thing in Japan, not sure how if they'll be in the US costume pack or not.

Nemesis_

OT subtitle kgo

Parker and probably Raymond will get Carlos'd. Jessica, however, is almost a gaurantee to appear again.

really doubtful, Jessica handed her shit off to Tricell or something (I swear I watched a video of her getting interviewed by Excella Gionne for a report or something) so I think she's done.

And the team have been very upfront with how disconnected this game is from the previous Revelations

I hope not since they all look awful : (

Come on Capcom why not just give people what they want (fan favorite RE characters for the Raid mode) ?
Instead they seem to rather waste time on some generic characters.

Nemesis_

I hope not since they all look awful : (

Come on Capcom why not just give people what they want (fan favorite RE characters for the Raid mode) ?
Instead they seem to rather waste time on some generic characters.

They've been pretty coy, I reckon there's more characters from other games hidden away.

Resident Evil Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

This is already a frontrunner I love it

My OT reflects the game's budget

DedValve

Banned
Resident Evil Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

Like seriously this is so perfect and matches exactly how I feel about this game.

Didn't care for REV 1 in the slightest, this doesn't look all that hot but...its only $25 bucks! What do I really have to lose? I'm in it for Raid mode with some gaffers anyways.

I wonder if I can get the digital code from best buy and apply gamers club.

Nemesis_

I think the game is going to be really cool and I hope the discussion is not centered on the budget or the graphics or whatever, but it's also unavoidable.

Being a pretty big fan of Resident Evil 6, I have learnt to not expect anything positive from Resident Evil threads anymore :(

Being a pretty big fan of Resident Evil 6, I have learnt to not expect anything positive from Resident Evil threads anymore :(

Heh, yeah. I hated the shit out of the game when I first played it but it grew on me especially as I got better at it and realized how much fun the actual gameplay is. I still criticize it heavily as a Resident Evil game just as I did with 4, but it's still an extremely fun, varied game with a wealth of ridiculously good content.

AEREC

Bought the full version from GMG at $29 last week. Honestly I'm not expecting much from this but I somewhat enjoyed RER1 on the 3DS and I have to buy almost anything with Resident Evil in the title.

Top Bottom