• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Resident Evil: Revelations 2 Info (Claire, Barry's Daughter, 1080p/60FPS, co-op)

There is everything I wanted from the next Resident Evil and Claire looks great (my favourite character), but no Alyson Court is a major letdown.

I will definitely support a riot, which some people here were suggesting.

anaron

There is everything I wanted from the next Resident Evil and Claire looks great (my favourite character), but no Alyson Court is a major letdown.

I will definitely support a riot, which some people here were suggesting.
Definitely.

Burn it down

Y46CR6n.jpg

Chemo

Capcom should make the first game a PS+ free game in the next couple of months in an effort to get me and those like me (who have grown tired of this franchise) to give any fucks whatsoever about this game.

.Anema

I remember before the launch of RE6 when Capcom said: "Don't worry, Leon campaign will be more survival horror, like the old Resident Evil"....
We all know what happened... Resident Evil 6 is one of the worst games ever made.

And now, again, they are saying the same, forcing the co-op shit (AI or not), wtf Crapcom.

Believe.

Neff

But RE6 Leon was the best one. Made up for RE4 leon.

I don't know about that. I love quippy, indestructible, action movie Mikami Leon. But I also love haggard, weight-of-the-world-on-his-shoulders Uncle Leon. While one may be more appropriate than the other for the world of RE, I think they're both equally great. In fact, there's never been a bad Leon imo.

Albert12851

Neo Member
Co-op. Again? Forced partner?

Why are they still trying to make this happen and force it? Clearly they're not listening to us, since this is something we want to get fully get rid of.

ZenTzen

I remember before the launch of RE6 when Capcom said: "Don't worry, Leon campaign will be more survival horror, like the old Resident Evil"....
We all know what happened... Resident Evil 6 is one of the worst games ever made.

And now, again, they are saying the same, forcing the co-op shit (AI or not), wtf Crapcom.

Believe.

you do know what most people agree is that RE6 leons campaign was one of the best parts of that one right, RE6 is the worst but leons part was at least better than the rest

Why are they still trying to make this happen and force it? Clearly they're not listening to us, since this is something we want to get fully get rid of.
Forced partner and coop are not the problem, the problem was how they were implemented in RE5.

For all of RE6's flaws, forced coop was not one of them and it worked fine.

Riposte

you do know what most people agree is that RE6 leons campaign was one of the best parts of that one right, RE6 is the worst but leons part was at least better than the rest

It's amusing how people who hate RE6 speak most highly of the game's weakest campaign. It's almost like... they're wrong!

Speak for yourself.
RE5 co-op on professional was the best experience I had with a campaign last gen.

clem84

Gold Member
Campaign coop is great news! I hope RAID mode will be back. To me this was the most enjoyable part of Revelations. I only hope that campaign coop and RAID coop (if there is one) will feature an offline splitscreen mode. I was so disappointed that the console version of the game didn't include this.

dreamfall

She's suppose to be this super secret heart-breaker spy, but she doesn't even know Chris is gay.

Baha, so true. She tried soooo hard, and he didn't even bother paying the slightest bit of attention to her.

"ME AND MY SWEET ASS ARE ON THE WAY!!!" Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit.

I'm excited about Claire! And Moira seems neat, although more of a medic?

Capcom should make the first game a PS+ free game in the next couple of months in an effort to get me and those like me (who have grown tired of this franchise) to give any fucks whatsoever about this game.

That might have the opposite effect, though, since Revelations 1 is not at all what most people want to make others believe it is if you play more than just the first few Jill chapters.
Capcom should try to distance themself as much as possible from the bad parts of the first game, cause those were absolutely some of the worst parts the series has seen.
So far so good.

I'm honestly surprised at the number of people bummed out about the lack of her original VA. I always thought she was terrible.

KDC720

I always figured they were gonna do something with Barrys daughters. Nice to see Claire bear back but no Allyson Court is slighlty dissapointing.

Really looking forward to this though.

Pikma

Banned
Forced co op? If that's the case I'll just pack it up, remove my requests for WiiU and 3DS versions and leave forever.

Au revoir

Mupod

Speak for yourself.
RE5 co-op on professional was the best experience I had with a campaign last gen.

I still can't think of a better co-op experience than RE5. The ammo and health sharing really made it that much more engaging, annoys me that it was removed in RE6. Still, I also can't say the constant AI partner in 5 didn't hurt the singleplayer on higher difficulties.

Revelaitons got around the babysitting problem by making your partner 'barely there'. Invincible but did little more than distract enemies and show up in cutscenes.

Dead Space 3's approach was a good idea in concept. If you were solo, you were always by yourself and occasionally ran into Carver in cutscenes. With a partner, you got some extra dialogue and some fun moments with hallucinations only affecting one character. It's not nearly as cool in-game as it should be though.

I'll need to know more about this game before I can judge it, but I don't see myself wanting to play through the game as a noncombatant. There's gotta be more to it.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Resident evil 6 is certainly not a god tier game, but it's definitely not one of the worst games ever made. Dat hyperbole.

Chemo

That might have the opposite effect, though, since Revelations 1 is not at all what most people want to make others believe it is if you play more than just the first few Jill chapters.
Capcom should try to distance themself as much as possible from the bad parts of the first game, cause those were absolutely some of the worst parts the series has seen.
So far so good.

Oh my. I guess I'll bail out completely then and find out what people think of Revelations 2 after the fact, hah. Thanks for that.

Top Bottom