• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Resident Evil: Revelations 2 Info (Claire, Barry's Daughter, 1080p/60FPS, co-op)

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
they always say theyre "going back to the roots with more horror" and yet its getting worse with every release..

They should just up the ante now and make Ada the villain. She's outlasted Wesker despite working under him (which, in eevrybody elses case, hasn't turned out that well) and surely that's got to go to her head. >_>

Her first assignment can be to assassinate Jessica.
They already sort of played that angle in RE6 and it didn't work out well. Ada is too aloof to be a main villain, Carla had to be almost comically over the top for her acts to make any sense.

Jawmuncher

They should just pull a fast one on us and bring back Krauser.
There have been crazier things happen in the series than that.

Nemesis_

They already sort of played that angle in RE6 and it didn't work out well. Ada is too aloof to be a main villain, Carla had to be almost comically over the top for her acts to make any sense.

I guess that makes sense, you are right.

They should just pull a fast one on us and bring back Krauser.
There have been crazier things happen in the series than that.

If we're going to start bringing people back then we should just bring back Alexia Ashford. She was psychotic enough to serve as a main villain, was super intelligent, and could easily be a female Wesker-esque figure in the series.

It's a shame they killed her off so quickly.

Krauser just comes across as a big dumb idiot who had a score to settle.

Just stop giving any fucks and bring characters back from the dead with some bullshit new T-virus strain that can make zombies out of zombie corpses or something, Parasite Eve up in this bitch.

Neff

They should just up the ante now and make Ada the villain. She's outlasted Wesker despite working under him (which, in eevrybody elses case, hasn't turned out that well) and surely that's got to go to her head. >_>

Ada's the mercenary with a heart of gold, a fan-favourite for that reason. Her morals are ambiguous, and her work is her priority, but she always does the right -or at least heroic- thing, even when she doesn't have to. I don't think world-destroying grand master plans are ever going to be her thing.

News Bot

Banned

Ada's a bit more complicated than just being Wesker's subordinate. She's definitely as criminal as they come, but she's not interested in mass extinction, forced evolution or destruction. She's part of an underground arms trading organization as an independent contractor and everything she does, including working for Wesker and the rival company of Umbrella, is to serve that role by obtaining information.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Why does it look like it was ported from the 3DS?
I thought this was current/next-gen only

TGO

It doesn't?
I know I'm on my phone and just because it has a 1080p display doesn't mean I can see it in all it's glory but I can tell that those character models are below RE6'S, I can only assume it's the lastgen version and RE:R2 isn't gonna look better then RE6.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
I'm very used to 60fps, I have dozens and dozens of fighters, racers, platformers etc which are 60fps. But I think 30fps has its place in certain situations, and I don't regard it as a dirty word, thorn in my side, or something to crusade against.
Then there's no reason for you to think that it's unsuited for the game. Which isn't coming out for a while, yet already has a determined framerate and resolution, sorry but "the game may not be designed with 60fps in mind" doesn't really apply to a game running at 1080p/60fps at this point in time already yet is very far from release.

Astral

Going back to its survivor horror roots? I'll believe it when I see it. Co-op always makes things significantly less scary.

Jawmuncher

I know I'm on my phone and just because it has a 1080p display doesn't mean I can see it in all it's glory but I can tell that those character models are below RE6'S, I can only assume it's the lastgen version and RE:R2 isn't gonna look better then RE6.

Someone throw up the RE6 PC pics.

Crossing Eden

yes, claire! now we just need another steve character
I'd rather not have yet another unfulfilled romance in a RE game. Seriously, let's not bring romance into this one. We all know it won't go anywhere.

Crossing Eden

Yes there is, because I prefer RE at 30fps?
So because you prefer 30fps that means that the game is unsuited at 60fps and that everyone else should play it at 30fps instead? Which is what you implied by stating "resident evil is unsuited for 60fps, there I said it." As if you stating a fact.

Crossing Eden

I didn't say that, and we really didn't need to have this little debate to establish that.
Then by all means play the last gen version instead of declaring that the series is unsuited for a higher framerate.

Takuan

I can see them modifying Claire's face prior to release. Can't see her new design being very well received.

I can see them modifying Claire's face prior to release. Can't see her new design being very well received.

I like to think that Japanese generally have better taste than most Americans and a good chunk of Europeans. While many here might not like her design I can see it being well received by Japanese fans.
Personally, I love it.

Neff

Then by all means play the last gen version instead of declaring that the series is unsuited for a higher framerate.

So we're only allowed to put things into writing on the internet without being contested unless it conforms to an established ideal?

While I appreciate that speaking for others is a popular internet pastime, it's one that's never interested me. I speak for myself, which I'd like to think is quite obvious.

TGO

You're wrong on both accounts, and a bit delusional.
005580.jpg

I would post the scans if they was allowed but I shouldn't need to, it's blatantly obvious,, unless the scans are reducing the quality that much.
It could be that, this maybe is the lastgen version running on the RE6 engine.
But those scans don't show it being better then RE6, Claires lips looks blurred like Jills in RE:R hence the 3DS comment.

Crossing Eden

Is it me or does Moira look like Dante from DmC?
It's definitely you, apart from both characters wearing outfits grounded in reality instead of video gamey outfits i.e. Leon in RE2 or Ada Wong in RE6, and the outfit they look pretty different.

005580.jpg

I would post the scans if they was allowed but I shouldn't need to, it's blatantly obvious,, unless the scans are reducing the quality that much.

No need, I've seen the scans. From what I can tell the character model meshes easily look more complex than the ones in 6. Your screen shot proves my point.

If we're going to start bringing people back then we should just bring back Alexia Ashford. She was psychotic enough to serve as a main villain, was super intelligent, and could easily be a female Wesker-esque figure in the series.

It's a shame they killed her off so quickly.

Krauser just comes across as a big dumb idiot who had a score to settle.

she's one of my favorite villains in RE. hell, she made wesker of all people run away!

ArjanN

Jessica is not insecure or even interested in Chris,
she is a cold spy and traitor, she was playing with his feelings.

The fact that Chris didn't really give 2 shits, kind of made that fall flat. I liked her look, but pretty much all the new characters in Revelations 1 were pretty eh.

This is Claire Redfield.

That doesn't really look like any version of Claire from the games. To be honest most game characters don't have a super consistent look, if only because of constantly changing hardware/engines. The model from the scans look just fine, nothing worth getting upset about.

but this claire is a seasoned veteran.

I already see here giving roundhouse kicks.. :/

She was already matrix-ing it up in the Code Veronica intro.

Crossing Eden

No need, I've seen the scans. From what I can tell the character model meshes easily look more complex than the ones in 6. Your screen shot proves my point.
This game may be a WIP but atm it definitely doesn't look more impressive than RE6. But then again RE6 got better and better looking overtime so the same may happen here.

Seyavesh

Jessica is not insecure or even interested in Chris, she was playing with his feelings.

idk if you can really call this 'playing with chris's feelings'
iVaD2hJ380fz0.gif

also really interested to see gameplay style if it's co-op. or if there's gonna be a raid mode. a whole lot of things, really!

i would say the 'claire looks different so UGH FUCK CAPCOM' crew is dumb but i felt that way about re:rev1's jill so uhhhh

drotahorror

I think it's best to have no expectations for this. That's how I'll be going into this one.

I haven't cared for RE since part 4. I have 5, played 6, and have Revelations. To me they're all mediocre. Hopefully Revelations 2 can break the trend.

I like to think that Japanese generally have better taste than most Americans and a good chunk of Europeans. While many here might not like her design I can see it being well received by Japanese fans.
Personally, I love it.

So first it was whiny fans needing to get their eyes checked and now it's a matter of westeners having bad taste?
How about different opinions?

anaron

Claire doesn't look that weird.

Her nasty Degeneration lips were the worst

It doesn't matter anyway if Aly isn't voice her. Claire won't be Claire anymore

TGO

I've just viewed them at home, looks better but I still don't see it, if anything it looks slightly below RE6.
But I'll take your word afterall those are scans.

Top Bottom