• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Resident Evil: Revelations 2 Info (Claire, Barry's Daughter, 1080p/60FPS, co-op)

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
That's funny considering BIO5's Jill has the same facial model as REmake Jill.
Jill's evolution
So she does have the same face, but that's simply because her face doesn't have any particular details, it's just a generic pretty face that wouldn't be recognizable out of context, so changing the hair colour drastically alters her appearance. I mean seriously, I would not have known this girl is the same character as this girl without being told.

Curious why Coop is in at all though if Moira is nothing but support.
That can't be very fun for your friend. Hey man you can give me Herbs and you can shine a flash light for me!

I'm guessing the flashlight can stun enemies. You could use it to buy your partner time to reload for example.
Other than that, there's a small section in RE5 that is very similar to this, if that's all there is to it it will be pretty boring lol. It was a nice change of pace in RE5 because it was short, a whole game of that would be a drag, I doubt that's all there is to it.

vids

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if we'll see a 'New 3DS' release considering the first game originated and sold best on the first 3DS.

Jawmuncher

I'm guessing the flashlight can stun enemies. You could use it to buy your partner time to reload for example.
Other than that, there's a small section in RE5 that is very similar to this, if that's all there is to it it will be pretty boring lol. It was a nice change of pace in RE5 because it was short, a whole game of that would be a drag, I doubt that's all there it to it.

Yeah I remember that section.
Will be interesting to see how it goes as the game progresses.
They have to keep it interesting enough that they decided to make it coop.
Rather than just a AI partner.

Duxxy3

Im pretty sure a large amount of the 6 Million + players played coop at some point.
RE4 brought a whole new group of players and fans. So a lot of the audience doesn't even have ties to earlier stuff.

This is actually fascinating to me. Never thought the co-op was that big of a hit, but my background is probably different from most RE5/RE6 fans. Bought my PS1 just to play Resident Evil, and have gone out of my way to get every Resident Evil Since then.

hopefully in the trash bin

Nooooooo! Who will wear the provocative costume?

Return of the best RE girl, survival horror focus, 1080p 60fps, various ways to tackle situations.......

giphy.gif

tbm24

This is actually fascinating to me. Never thought the co-op was that big of a hit, but my background is probably different from most RE5/RE6 fans. Bought my PS1 just to play Resident Evil, and have gone out of my way to get every Resident Evil Since then.

Nooooooo! Who will wear the provocative costume?

It's fun to go in adventures with friends. More so when you both try and fight for your survival against a horde of zombies or w/e mutation type thing they do for this game. Point is I want to yell at my cousin for dying cus he ran off or did something stupid. Made RE5 and 6 infinitely more fun for me.

Jawmuncher

In your opinion, other wise honestly she is a glorified babysitter in every game and even the CGI Movie

I've always been pretty surprised on the sheer amount of love she gets from RE fans.
She's always been pretty low tier for me where re characters are concerned.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
60fps doesn't suit RE. There, I said it.

Otherwise, this all sounds good. Give me a decent amount of enemies and some puzzles and this should be a winner.
60 fps suits any game, period, there is literally no downside to 60fps gameplay.

Nemesis_

I recently played Revelations again
because it was so forgettable
and she really is an awful character. The whole first chapter you're introduced to her all she goes on about is JILL and how her and Chris' relationship is.

Not to mention "ME AND MY SWEET ASS ARE ON MY WAY".

At least Excella was a HBIC with her thirst. Jessica just came across as an insecure dickhead.

tumblr_m5qx6b4LHI1qk0e3do1_500.gif

Jawmuncher

Spider...woman?

When did you start playing RE if I may ask (and with which game) :p ?

RE3. I've played them all as well.
I'm guessing a big deal of her support comes from RE2 and CVX. I liked 2 but CVX after 3 felt like a step down. So I know that didn't help her in my eyes.

DVCY201

When playing as Claire, her style will be more combat focused.
The campaign will be playable in co-op or singleplayer.

Sigh. Any news if Alyson Court is doing VA? Or did Capcom axe her too?

EDIT: There's stealth takedowns? Okay then...could be an interesting addition. But why is Claire's death the only deciding factor for game over? That sounds awful for a co-op game!

The link has magazine scans, so I'm not sure if it's okay to post the link, but Push-Start is getting this info from Gamesmaster Magazine.

Claire Redfield will return as the playable lead and it is said that “In the time since we last saw her (Claire), she’s grown to be a seasoned veteran.”

I haven't seen the screenshots yet.

Neff

I've always been pretty surprised on the sheer amount of love she gets from RE fans.

Down-to-earth, friendly, confident, caring, hot, plucky tomboy goes a long way in any situation.

I think it's the fact that she is, or was, basically a civilian (aside from the survival tips Chris gave her) in a franchise full of soldiers, cops, agents and spies that endears her to players.

60 fps suits any game, period, there is literally no downside to 60fps gameplay.

I don't agree, even in situations where a game won't suffer a visual tradeoff due to having already been created for a lower-spec console, as in this case.

Aesthetically, it can certainly make a difference. For the reasons people found MGSV's shaky cam cutscenes disorienting in 60fps, or thought The Hobbit's interiors looked fake and studio-like in 48fps, there's something to be said for the way the brain processes non-existent frames. I think it suits horror more enormously, for one.

As for gameplay, you really need to design gameplay around 60fps, ie by implementing single frame actions or extremely quick enemy actions, for it to make a difference. Since Revelations 2 has no doubt been designed around 30, I think it won't really matter which platform I buy it on. And it'll look more consistent with the series if I play in 30, which I probably will.

Duxxy3

60fps doesn't suit RE. There, I said it.

Otherwise, this all sounds good. Give me a decent amount of enemies and some puzzles and this should be a winner.

Eh, Revelations 2 likely won't push the graphical barrier at all. Probably a lot cheaper to just increase the framerate.

Crossing Eden

Action game with two nonsexualized female leads who autonomously escape their own abduction?

Positive and progressive!
Dude it's a resident evil game...we all know what those alternate costumes are going to look like, and that the posteriors will be ridiculously big like in other recent resident evil games. And it's not unlikely that we'll get a classic costume. I seriously hope Capcom proves me wrong. But remember the last time we saw Claire in a game.. ._.
134_3320584250.jpg

Nemesis_

I find it so bizarre Capcom went to the time and effort to get Alyson Court to voice Claire in The Mercenaries 3D but then couldn't bother or put out the money to get her for a full fucking game.

:/

Xpliskin

RE3. I've played them all as well.
I'm guessing a big deal of her support comes from RE2 and CVX. I liked 2 but CVX after 3 felt like a step down. So I know that didn't help her in my eyes.

Well that kinda explains it. I remember there being a lot of hype in magazines when 1.5 was shown and elza turned into claire (from what I remember, I wasn't even in high-school back then).

It's her ties with Leon that makes the whole thing appealing

On-topic: They're both wearing the bracelets from the teaser. It seems to be a health/infection indicator as someone noted. They're going for minimalist HUD ?

DVCY201

I find it so bizarre Capcom went to the time and effort to get Alyson Court to voice Claire in The Mercenaries 3D but then couldn't bother or put out the money to get her for a full fucking game.

Seriously? Sigh. They've gotten rid of the old guard entirely I guess.

Daingurse

My first RE was Code Veronica on Dreamcast, so I am definitely biased. I thought she was a pretty cool character. She just came across as an extremely competent and likable.

How old is she here? Because that isn't a 35 year old.

I believe that is Dark Side Chronicles. So 19 years old.

Crossing Eden

How old is she here? Because that isn't a 35 year old.
Pretty sure she's 19 in that gif. Didn't Code Veronica take place like a couple months after 2? Anyone else think that the new girl looks like a younger brunette version of re6 Sherry? Eyes are nearly identical.

On-topic: They're both wearing the bracelets from the teaser. It seems to be a health/infection indicator as someone noted. They're going for minimalist HUD ?
Maybe the bracelets will be a classic-style HP bar? Green you're good, yellow when you get hurt and red when you're near death.

Duxxy3

Been so long since Claire has been a playable character that I don't know if I would even notice a new voice actor.

My first RE was Code Veronica on Dreamcast, so I am definitely biased. I thought she was a pretty cool character. She just came across as an extremely competent and likable.

I believe that is Dark Side Chronicles, so Code Veronica Claire. So 19 years old.

Pretty sure she's 19 in that gif. Didn't Code Veronica take place like a couple months after 2? Anyone else think that the new girl looks like a younger brunette version of re6 Sherry? Eyes are nearly identical.

So my point stands. She's nearly double her age in REV2. She looks like a mom now.

Top Bottom